So...what does everyone's name mean

Options
14567810»

Replies

• FungusGirl
    FungusGirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love that puffball by the way! I once found one that looked like it was a huge garden ornament shaped like a bum!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    FungusGirl wrote: »
    I love that puffball by the way! I once found one that looked like it was a huge garden ornament shaped like a bum!

A friend of mine gave me a greeting card with a photo exactly of that on the front. I think they are more common than we imagine. LOL
  • MarilynCurves
    MarilynCurves Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I chose MarilynCurves because I adore Marilyn Monroe. I have an hourglass figure (which I'm trying to whittle, obviously!), so I take inspiration from the glamour and beauty of Ms Monroe. She's my reminder to keep going. But my name is actually Diana. Hi, I'm new to this community! Thanks for letting me join in! :smiley:
  • kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just used the name MFP gave me - I was lacking imagination the day I signed up being distracted by the number on my scale and all :blush:
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Mine is a reminder that everything is life is about choice and not to leave things up to chance.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am a retired eye doctor (that's the idoc part)...the last are simply my initials. Have had this moniker for years.
  • hittingitharder
    hittingitharder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine is to remind me that no matter how hard life hits me, to get up and hit back harder.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My name is my children's nicknames: meg, em, and rj.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I live in Alberta, Canada. And once upon a time, I was very, very beefy. Of course, at 6'2" (give or take, depending on time of day) I'm still pretty beefy ...
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love this thread...it is so much fun reading how each individual comes to identify themselves online...many thanks to the OP for starting the thread.
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine was given to me by a group of people I was going through some advanced military training with. It didn't matter how hard it was, how banged up I got, or how crazy the mission was, I was always "all in". They started calling me a "Rough Neck" because I didn't seem to care what happened to me as long as I got a chance to do it. I change the first part to "Ruff" because I love dogs and the numbers are my birth month and day. So I started using it as my screen name. My nickname is "Monster", because I'm tall, have fairly wide shoulders, and a deep voice. My wife affectionately gave that to me after she explained that I unintentionally intimidate a lot of people when they first meet me due to those facts. She thinks it's funny because it doesn't match my inner self (which she says is all soft & teddy bearish, lol).