LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Monday is showing its ugly face again!!
    Seriously I swear it was just Monday the other day!

Had a good weekend. I protested being an adult yesterday (for the most part) I did get my laundry done and put away. Besides that I didn't do much more of anything else. It was a Netflix marathon day for me and I loved it!

We got a lot of snow.... a lot. My driveway got plowed but it's going to be a matter of finding my car! It's going to take forever to find it and clean the darned thing off!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So... what the heck. I've been super diligent about staying under carbs, protein and calories these last two weeks, and somehow gained 3 lb. C'mon body, really?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    So... what the heck. I've been super diligent about staying under carbs, protein and calories these last two weeks, and somehow gained 3 lb. C'mon body, really?

Could it be related to your cycle? I'm usually up 3-5 pounds the week of my period and up 1-2 pounds when I ovulate.
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Likewise I gain during my period and sometimes I'll randomly gain after eating a good portion of vegetables - maybe 5g worth of cauliflower for example. It's only water (you can't gain 3lb of fat overnight) and fluctuations are natural, it will flush out again.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    As far as sugar subs, we use liquid stevia (no aftertaste), xylitol and erythritol. (Excuse the spelling). If I need to get rid of the grittiness, I grind it for a sec in a ex-coffee grinder. Turns it into a powder like icing sugar. We aren't fond of powdered stevia or splenda because of aftertaste.

Have a good week everyone.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    As far as sugar subs, we use liquid stevia (no aftertaste), xylitol and erythritol. (Excuse the spelling). If I need to get rid of the grittiness, I grind it for a sec in a ex-coffee grinder. Turns it into a powder like icing sugar. We aren't fond of powdered stevia or splenda because of aftertaste.

Have a good week everyone.

I use erythritol too. It is kinda gritty...and doesn't dissolve well. I use a small hand grinder for my coffee every day...I find that it also makes erythritol granules more likely to taste less gritty in recipes...especially dessert recipes.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    I'm dragging myself this morning. Thinking I should have let myself sleep a bit longer. My bladder thought I should be up right away and had a really convincing reason.
    I ran out of my Splenda this morning and am being forced to use my emergency bag is stevia. Still have a had time with the chemical aftertaste :grimace: I had an idea to add the slightest dash of vanilla to kill the taste and you know what? It worked! My next cup I'm thinking about adding a spice to it.... coffee experiments in the morning. Dangerous territory right there!
    Stay warm out there today!!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Hugs back attcha, Karlottap! Prayers and get well soon!
  • Cadori
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I haven't been by in a long time! Am missing you guys! Going to try to make a long story as short as possible. Am in the hospital for the third time in less than two months. First two were misdiagnosed since surgery wasn't consulted! Surgeon now sees the problem. My one ulcer in my small intestine just outside the junction with my stomach has become two. Surgery is required to fix, and am now waiting to get his schedule worked out! Meanwhile the pain is impossible to control at home, so here I am!

Also, my Kindle died, so the only access I have is my phone, and I think we all (most of us anyway) know what a pita that is! But, I wanted to get by and at least send Merry Christmas wishes to all of you!

Without your support I wouldn't be continuing to celebrate my success at weight loss! Maintenance is going good! Never truly dreamed I would be here, but here I am!! It takes determination to get here, but we all have it! It is in every one of us!!

I love you all and still read your posts even if I don't reply! Your inspiration is something you'll never realize. You help more people who won't ever post about it! Remember that! Hugs everybody!

Hugs and wishes for a swift recovery to you!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Morning, its cold here but not too bad yet. Have been trying really hard to stay on track but this time of year makes it very hard. Damn you cookies. Have a great day.
  • Lillith32
    Options
    Having a bum ankle sucks. I can't run or crossfit, I can only do yoga, so I think I can literally feel my muscles growing weaker and fat growing... fatter. Two weeks can't pass fast enough. Today I might try walking and see if it hurts. On the food front I've been doing ok, 100% keto with a few pieces of sugar-free candy to kill the intense candy cravings, the only problem is I am starving all the time so I've been going over my calorie limit. Hopefully the shark will go away soon, and my appetite is going to go back to normal soon.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's a wicked cold Wednesday!!

Brrrr! Cranked up the heater as soon as I got up today. It's bloody cold outside! Storm warning and all for today. It's going to move in with the arctic blast and hang over us for a while. Layers are the only way to survive.

I've still got the effects of shark week hanging on... grrr. Needs to hurry up and move along. I'm also enjoying some extra pain and swelling thanks to ye olde arctic air. *shaking fists* damn you snowflakes! Why oh why must I live where it snows?!

If I didn't have to adult today I'd likely stay in bed where it's warm.... ''tis life!

Stay warm my friends....
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Shark week is about to hit for me @ProCoffeenator! I can tell because I'm super hungry and I got mad at my boyfriend for being annoying yesterday. I was asking for the address of his parents to send Christmas cards and instead of just saying their address, he spelled out the name of the street letter by letter and normally, I would have thought it was funny but instead I threatened to throttle him. It's definitely on it's way! Lol
  • Lillith32
    Options
    Awww, man. Boss brought coquito to our holiday potluck. I've blown my carb allowance on the glorious alcohol spiced condensed milk goodness. I will skip dinner today most likely and be extra-strict tomorrow. I have a holiday party on Friday, but that should be easier to navigate (cheese platters and diet coke drinks). After this weekend I will be strictly no cheating/sober until New Years (when I'll indulge in some keto-friendly booze).
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Still cold here! Actually it's getting colder! But it's Thursday!! The week is almost over, I've slacked off immensely this week (at least it feels that way). I've got to get the damned decorations in the classroom finished and up. Guess I'll be bringing it home with me tonight and finishing touches will be done last minute.

There was a catered breakfast being served yesterday and I made a point of saying no sugar or breads and fruit... I got eggs which were fine except that I think they were liquid which makes me sick.... tossed those... then there was the savior in the box... bacon. Big thick slices of bacon! Pulled a slice out with happiness and joy... into the mouth it went.... then faster than fast right back out! WTF?!?

Holiday bacon. Ugh! Bacon marinated in maple syrup overnight then rolled in sweet spices....

Everyone was raving about this bacon! While my poor Keto self was rocking back and forth in a corner traumatized by the fact that someone would do such a horrible thing to bacon!! And the stomach ache that followed....

Have a great day everyone! And beware the holiday bacon!
  • Cadori
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator That's a terrible abuse of bacon! (but your description made me laugh).
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    OMG, holiday spices on bacon??? BARF time. I stomach just did a flip flop reading your description.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    OMG, holiday spices on bacon??? BARF time. I stomach just did a flip flop reading your description.

Oh, I believe she is serious. Just a few minutes ago, a co-worker was talking about bacon, rolled in sugar, and then covered in syrup and chocolate (or some crazy kitten like that). I stayed out of that conversation, but the person who experienced this was raving about how great it was. She was very specific, too, about how the bacon was cooked first so it was crisp and not raw. As though that somehow makes it ok to eat some bacon with your sugar. :'(
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Well I have had very dark chocolate laced with bacon bits and that was awesome tasting. But spices, I don't get it?