WOE Hacks

Options

Replies

• moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've never heard of keeping scrambled egg in the fridge before. I'm sure the cheese and bacon you add balances out not having the yolk. So you reheat it? What's the consistency like?
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    With several new people joining lately....bump.
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Any way this can be a sticky???? If someone already said that, sorry.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I love the keto-ade. I make 32 oz at a time in our old Dr. Brown's formula mixing pitcher. ;) So I put in 1 tsp each of salt and Morton's salt substitute, 32 oz water, a bunch of drops of Mio (to taste), and that pitcher makes it really easy to stir/mix (and I can quickly re-stir every time before I pour another cup). I pour it in a glass of ice with another 8 oz or so of water since it's more palatable to me when it's further diluted.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I love the keto-ade. I make 32 oz at a time in our old Dr. Brown's formula mixing pitcher. ;) So I put in 1 tsp each of salt and Morton's salt substitute, 32 oz water, a bunch of drops of Mio (to taste), and that pitcher makes it really easy to stir/mix (and I can quickly re-stir every time before I pour another cup). I pour it in a glass of ice with another 8 oz or so of water since it's more palatable to me when it's further diluted.

Here is a don't - Anna wanted to try it so she bought Crystal Light to put the sodium and potassium in....absolutely AWFUL....there is some sodium already in that and it was like drinking the ocean.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Any way this can be a sticky???? If someone already said that, sorry.

It's in the open threads link in launch pad
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    I pre-cook and pre-bake. Last week I did about 20 pounds of oven roasted chicken legs and thighs. The hack part is in how I freeze things. Using some large Tupperware containers, I put the chicken pieces in one layer in the Tupperware making sure the pieces aren't touching one another. When they are frozen I put them in plastic freezer bags and return them to the freezer. Since they are frozen separately, they don't freeze together and it's easy to take out one or two pieces at a time. I freeze fat bombs the same way. And burger patties, fish fillets, casserole servings, slices of quiche, and anything else that can be prepared ahead and frozen.

That's a great idea. I batch cook, but never thought of freezing the pieces individually. Thanks for the tip.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    @annalisbeth74 just the whites? Whyforhowcome not the yolk?

OMG I love that word!! I have to use "whyforhowcome" now!!!

I am new here.... Hello everyone!! Loving these food posts!

Lol. It's programmed into my phone as word even.... I'm just fun like that
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's whole nut season! I think that this might be one of the best tips I've read recently. If you eat shell on nuts (walnuts are my choice), they are so much work to eat, you'll eat a whole lot less of them than pre-shelled nuts, which I find way too easy to overeat.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    @annalisbeth74 just the whites? Whyforhowcome not the yolk?

OMG I love that word!! I have to use "whyforhowcome" now!!!

I am new here.... Hello everyone!! Loving these food posts!

Lol. It's programmed into my phone as word even.... I'm just fun like that

Hahahahah adorable!.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    redimock wrote: »
    It's whole nut season! I think that this might be one of the best tips I've read recently. If you eat shell on nuts (walnuts are my choice), they are so much work to eat, you'll eat a whole lot less of them than pre-shelled nuts, which I find way too easy to overeat.

Sure, but I also find nuts to be a great snack while driving. Cracking shells is a whole lot harder than just grabbing them out of a bag or tin.

Once, on a road trip (I try to do a road trip once or twice per year between 4K-8K, and 7-11 days each), I was going through GA and kept seeing these boiled peanuts at convenience stores. So I decided to get some to try them out. At first, I was eating the whole thing (shell and all). Then I decided the shell was too stringy and didn't taste very good, so started trying to squeeze the 'meat' out of the peanut. While driving that night, I made a bit of a mess in my car. Once I was eating them properly, they tasted very good, but just too messy. Better for a snack while sitting somewhere with a pile of napkins and a discard bucket handy.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    We call those "bolied" peanuts in our house. It's a bit of a joke. I traveled eastern North Carolina for work for years. Every spring when a local road side produce stand would open and the spray painted road signs went up, one of the things sold was "bolied peanuts". Same sign so same spelling. Love me some spicy hot "bolied" peanuts.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    We call those "bolied" peanuts in our house. It's a bit of a joke. I traveled eastern North Carolina for work for years. Every spring when a local road side produce stand would open and the spray painted road signs went up, one of the things sold was "bolied peanuts". Same sign so same spelling. Love me some spicy hot "bolied" peanuts.

I'm not disputing they taste good (once I'm eating the right part of the peanut). I had some with a cajun spice blend of some sort... same brand was sold in all the convenience stores it seemed, and they had regular and cajun. But way too messy to eat while driving.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

I'm not disputing they taste good (once I'm eating the right part of the peanut). I had some with a cajun spice blend of some sort... same brand was sold in all the convenience stores it seemed, and they had regular and cajun. But way too messy to eat while driving.

I didn't think you were. My husband would dispute their "goodness" though. He doesn't like them-indicating peanuts should be crunchy not mushy. :)
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    redimock wrote: »

Sure, but I also find nuts to be a great snack while driving. Cracking shells is a whole lot harder than just grabbing them out of a bag or tin.

Once, on a road trip (I try to do a road trip once or twice per year between 4K-8K, and 7-11 days each), I was going through GA and kept seeing these boiled peanuts at convenience stores. So I decided to get some to try them out. At first, I was eating the whole thing (shell and all). Then I decided the shell was too stringy and didn't taste very good, so started trying to squeeze the 'meat' out of the peanut. While driving that night, I made a bit of a mess in my car. Once I was eating them properly, they tasted very good, but just too messy. Better for a snack while sitting somewhere with a pile of napkins and a discard bucket handy.

Ah yes - I definitely change the rules during long car trips. Then I eat ALL of the macadamias..... :smiley: I am just so glad to have these in-shell walnuts in the house right now. All the yum without the guilt (that I usually feel after eating way too many nuts). My grocery store didn't have the only walnuts bags till yesterday, so I got a little bit overexcited. (The mixed nuts just don't do it for me).