Officially Hate this Time of the Year (warning rant)

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
Ok, so I dont really hate christmas BUT since this is my first holiday LCHF it's really hard. I mean everyday since Thanksgiving there is some kind of sweet, candy, or hot beverage filled with sugar in our break room. Yea, yea nobody if forcing me to eat it (thank God lol) but it really sucks to constantly have it in my face. Now I wish I could say I've been super good and not given in but I have. To my credit I only have literally a pinch of a dessert, or one candy but still...SIGH.. why cant we have a meat holiday lol? Also, in my hispanic family Christmas dinner will revolve around menudo (has hominy big carbs) and tamales (again tons of carbs). Literally those are my only options. Ok enough complaining just had to get it off my chest Thanks for hearing me out!

Replies

• Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Soon it will be New Years and most of the temptations will have gone away. And diets will be on everyone's agenda. Be brave and strong until then. We are all there with you.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I have been surrounded by chocolate for over a month...I understand what you mean!!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it REALLY sucks! I know you're diabetic so it's even worse as having too much can really harm you.

I don't have much advice...as I deal with food pushers constantly at my job, but I just wanted to say that I can relate and you just have to keep thinking about your goals. Sending you good vibes!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Offices at this time of year are food traps! Stay strong!

I realise that at home, I have created my own trap. I am hosting Christmas and we have the gluten intolerant, the lactose intolerant and the diabetic as well as fat phobic and the normies. Not many of those! So I have plans so that everyone on special diets are OK with the selections but I also included food for the normies so that they would stay away from the more limited supply for the special snowflakes. But now I have all this "normal" foods in the house! Got to stay away from the poisons for me, and stay away from the other treats until next weekend! They are all coming for 3 days. This time of year is a challenge!

We are all in this together.
  • genmon00
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your encouragement! I'm a person who hates feeling like i "can't" have something, I must think like i "don't" want it lol I know I'm wierd but lately I've been fighting the little fat rebellious girl inside who "WANTS" everything bad for her lol And honestly Im tired :( Im not giving up this WOE for nothing, I guess I have fight my way throught the season :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Well, here's one for you, @genmon00 - you can't have sub-zero weather!
    It's all ours, and it's calorie-free (the only upside).
  • genmon00
    Options
    @RalfLott I can always count on you for a good laugh lol you can def keep the weather, cal-free and all :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    @RalfLott I can always count on you for a good laugh lol you can def keep the weather, cal-free and all :)

Be happy you can saunter around, perhaps without a candy cane but also without a coat, on NYE!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My boss gave me a bottle of coquito (Puerto Rican 'eggnog' made with rum and condensed milk) as a Christmas gift... talking about temptations. Since my whole house is on a diet, my good friends are lactose intolerant and/or on special diets, and my family is not interested, I have no idea what to do with it. Oh, and it goes bad, so I have to figure it out soon. I feel your pain. I bought a bag of sugar-free candy, it's made with sugar alcohols, so it's somewhat low in carbs, and I grab a piece every once in a while when I get desperate.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    My boss gave me a bottle of coquito (Puerto Rican 'eggnog' made with rum and condensed milk) as a Christmas gift... talking about temptations. Since my whole house is on a diet, my good friends are lactose intolerant and/or on special diets, and my family is not interested, I have no idea what to do with it. Oh, and it goes bad, so I have to figure it out soon. I feel your pain. I bought a bag of sugar-free candy, it's made with sugar alcohols, so it's somewhat low in carbs, and I grab a piece every once in a while when I get desperate.

I guess s/he does not know you well! Smile and say thank you. Maybe a neighbour?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    How about a combination of menudo (yummers!) and sub zero weather to help burn through the glucose keeping warm?
    Win-win, no?
  • genmon00
    Options
    Great plan @canadjineh! LOL :D
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Yippee! I have airline points!