jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Hope your brother is OK! <3
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Yikes! Hope your brother is OK! <3

Thanks Jen. I think they've pretty much figured out what is wrong and working on fighting that, so should be going in the right direction now.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    3 days of paladin workout done, only one day of over 10k steps, 2nd day of a green smoothie. I cheated though and have some kind of frozen pre-packaged mic of fruit and kale that you just add water to. I am not a fan though and would definitely prefer to make my own. :)
  • jenilla1
    Options
    3 days of paladin workout done, only one day of over 10k steps, 2nd day of a green smoothie. I cheated though and have some kind of frozen pre-packaged mic of fruit and kale that you just add water to. I am not a fan though and would definitely prefer to make my own. :)

Nothing wrong with a frozen pre-packaged mix. I'm lazy so I'm using frozen spinach myself.
  • Brittanypomales
    Brittanypomales Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Only one day at the 10,000 steps for me. And I just got a Fitbit for Christmas so i want to reach my goal so it can light up and I can feel all "accomplished" but work and life this week keep shutting me down. Lol
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 1 of 8 day vacation from craziness of job. I will be taking break from challenges as well during this time. I've maintained my weight through the holidays and give credit to this community so I will continue to check in each day. We are road tripping it south until hubby reaches golf weather. I will be getting walking in on the courses. After work yesterday we took off and spent the night in St.Louis,Missouri. 24F and snow expected at home, 41F and sunny here, it's a start :).
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I'm on day 1 of 8 day vacation from craziness of job. I will be taking break from challenges as well during this time. I've maintained my weight through the holidays and give credit to this community so I will continue to check in each day. We are road tripping it south until hubby reaches golf weather. I will be getting walking in on the courses. After work yesterday we took off and spent the night in St.Louis,Missouri. 24F and snow expected at home, 41F and sunny here, it's a start :).

How exciting! I work in downtown STL. Hope your stay was enjoyable and at least the weather was better than back home!! Hope you find golf weather soon!! Enjoy your vacation!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Only one day at the 10,000 steps for me. And I just got a Fitbit for Christmas so i want to reach my goal so it can light up and I can feel all "accomplished" but work and life this week keep shutting me down. Lol

I've only hit one day too. :'( It is quite exciting when your tracker tells you that you've accomplished your goal. :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I did manage to get the paladin workout done 4 times this week. I have only done the smoothies for 2 days but still have Saturday and Sunday, so there might still be a little hope. Life has just been too crazy between home and work stuff. :#
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    @lbenson2006 We enjoyed our visit to the cathedral 2dqw0t1dj532.jpg
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    That is just beautiful, @energyseeker
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Having trouble with the challenges this week. This time of year is not the best for me in terms of hitting goals...

^That cathedral is a work of art!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Having trouble with the challenges this week. This time of year is not the best for me in terms of hitting goals...

I'm struggling as well. The smoothie thing just did not work out this week. :( Trying to get in more than 10k steps also has not really worked out. Oh well, hopefully next week is better. I had not considered any challenges for next week yet, sorry. It completely slipped my mind. I will start trying to come up with something as soon as I can.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Finally made my 90% for the week! Woohoo! Happy new year Team 2 Beat!!
  • jenilla1
    Options

I'm struggling as well. The smoothie thing just did not work out this week. :( Trying to get in more than 10k steps also has not really worked out. Oh well, hopefully next week is better. I had not considered any challenges for next week yet, sorry. It completely slipped my mind. I will start trying to come up with something as soon as I can.

Too cold for smoothies this time of year maybe. ;)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    For this week's goals, let's shoot for 100% of our weekly average minutes. For most of us, this is the time to get back on track so let's go for it!!

For the exercise piece, we'll have a choice again, either complete the stairs challenge (copied below) from our week 7 trip to Peru or complete the exercise linked below the steps information 5 of 7 days.

YOU NEED TO CLIMB THE 1778 STEPS!

THAT IS 889 UP & 889 DOWN
    YES, COUNT BOTH THE UP AND THE DOWN IN ORDER TO ACCUMULATE YOUR TOTAL!
    THAT’S EQUIVALENT TO 127 FLIGHTS/FLOORS (USING 14 STEPS PER FLIGHT/FLOOR)

YES, YOU MAY USE A STAIRMASTER

http://darebee.com/workouts/express-abs-workout.html

As for the accountability piece, let's track our food, good or bad, and complete your diary 5 of 7 days. Just being accountable to yourself by tracking everything to the best of your ability might help with getting back on track. Bonus points for completing under goal!!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    For this week's goals, let's shoot for 100% of our weekly average minutes. For most of us, this is the time to get back on track so let's go for it!!

For the exercise piece, we'll have a choice again, either complete the stairs challenge (copied below) from our week 7 trip to Peru or complete the exercise linked below the steps information 5 of 7 days.

YOU NEED TO CLIMB THE 1778 STEPS!

THAT IS 889 UP & 889 DOWN
    YES, COUNT BOTH THE UP AND THE DOWN IN ORDER TO ACCUMULATE YOUR TOTAL!
    THAT’S EQUIVALENT TO 127 FLIGHTS/FLOORS (USING 14 STEPS PER FLIGHT/FLOOR)

YES, YOU MAY USE A STAIRMASTER

http://darebee.com/workouts/express-abs-workout.html

As for the accountability piece, let's track our food, good or bad, and complete your diary 5 of 7 days. Just being accountable to yourself by tracking everything to the best of your ability might help with getting back on track. Bonus points for completing under goal!!

I've got this one. I'll be doing the stairs on the machine at the gym. And logging every day is just something I do, so that's no problem. :D
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Team 2! I'm recommitting to my health and fitness and I'm game for the challenges this week. @lbenson2006 thank you for keeping up the thread and posting the challenges.

I started the New Year with a day on the slopes. The skiing was terrific.

ybr6dgfs4bk2.jpg
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Well I'm not starting the week off on a good foot. I slept in big time today and couldn't work out. Tomorrow it is back to work so I will be able to get my morning workout in but will be out of the office doing inventory all day so won't be going to the gym. Hopefully will be able to do 2 workout Wednesday - Friday. I will try to get to 100% though. As far as the exercise piece, I'm not sure if I'll shoot for the stairs or the abs piece or try for both. The logging part is so ingrained in me that that will be a piece of cake, it will be the logging under goal that will be a struggle. I've been struggling with that aspect lately.
  • lbenson2006
    edited January 2017
    Options
    kimmy5280 wrote: »
    Happy New Year Team 2! I'm recommitting to my health and fitness and I'm game for the challenges this week. @lbenson2006 thank you for keeping up the thread and posting the challenges.

I started the New Year with a day on the slopes. The skiing was terrific.

ybr6dgfs4bk2.jpg

I am so jealous!! Growing up I lived in Idaho and went snow skiing a lot. I've only been once since moving out here. Welcome back to the thread!!