Any girls here on 1200?

Replies

• lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    I have 1500 due to my increased activity from starting running. I had started here at 1200 and did so great with just some walking. Add me if you'd like! I try to be pretty active here; I don't do well on the weekends though. I am not a clean eater either but I do try to make healthier choices. My diary is open but don't follow my example hehe
  • kmudd
    kmudd Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me! I'm new to MFP, on a 1300 cal/day goal, and am aiming to lose about 20 pounds. I'm looking for great accountability partners and inspiration for meals that help me stay full and adhere tot he calorie goals. Thanks!!
  • morgan483
    morgan483 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm aiming to eat/net around 1200-1500 per day and would love to have some friends with similar goals to keep me accountable.

Yes, I just started the 21 Day Fix on Jan 1 and am on the lowest recommended intake. So basically 1200-1300 calories per day using the portion containers. I am 5'7" and currently at 155. I really want to get down to 130-135 where I was before my last two babies, but apparently my body hit 30 and 3 children mode so despite having a regular fitness routine for years, my body has been stubborn on these last 15-20. Had to say bye to the wine which is probably the main culprit! ;)
  • morgan483
    morgan483 Posts: 3 Member
    hey ladies how u all doing I am 1000-1100 my herbalife coach wants me at I sometimes get to 1200 at times it is very hard to get under 1200 ....

No reputable fitness professional would have you go under 1200 calories a day. Your body will go into starvation mode and actually hold onto the fat and deplete the muscle. Please find a new coach! Not meaning to be harsh, but most of these Herbalife reps have no idea what they are doing. Stick to whole, nutrient-dense foods, not supplements.
  • AutumnDancer26
    AutumnDancer26 Posts: 23 Member
    Hey, please feel free to add me, my current daily goal is around 1300 and I'd love some friends with similar goals!
  • suriyoru
    suriyoru Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'm also trying to stay around 1200 and eat healthier. I'm super short so any weight I put on is really noticeable, and college is kicking my butt in that regard. I definitely want to lose weight this semester and get into a routine that I can follow even after I graduate!

Add me if you'd like! My diary is viewable to friends and I like to do meal prep so most of the things are my own recipe :) I'm going to add a few of you!
  • scbell5
    scbell5 Posts: 8 Member
    Add me, also. I'm 5'2" and try to keep my intake around 1200-1400/day (more if I'm doing a longer run). I try to NET (after exercise) around 1000 cals/day. Trying to lose the last 10 pounds is the toughest. And 10 pounds is definitely more noticeable on short gals. When I was at my goal weight in 2014, the last 5 were the toughest, but this time around it's proving even more difficult (my body is more efficient because I haven't stopped running, I suppose).
  • michellenc27540
    michellenc27540 Posts: 20 Member
    My goal is 1200 daily and I don't count exercise. I do elliptical 5 days a week for a half hour more because of the health benefits not to help lose weight. I am currently at a "holiday" weight of 132 I want to be around 120-125. Pre-holiday I was hanging around 123-127 which felt good to me just want a little extra wiggle room. My goal has been 1200 for the past two years but allow myself to "go off the grid" weekends, holidays, vacations. My goal for this year is to only allow myself one indulgent meal a week and to be much more acoountable on holidays and vacations so I don't have the huge weight gains. Please feel free to friend me also!
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    1200 here however rarely make it...more like 1400-1500 calories. 1200 is so hard!! :)
  • charmurr
    charmurr Posts: 49 Member
    zudora1978 wrote: »
    will add you both, my diary is open and i also need more accountability to get back on track

How do we add? How do I leave my diary open for all to see? I would love to have input and bat around tips, ideas, encouragement, motivation, the ohs and the ahs..... All in my family thinks I'm fine but I struggle. I'm 51yrs, 5'3", 122 lbs and gaining. : (
    Do I asked to be added or do I do the adding?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    I aim for 1290 and I eat back any walking/running cals but I don't track strength so I don't eat those back.

Unless I go out to eat or someone else does the cooking I find it really easy to eat under that because I only buy/make healthy foods and they tend to fill me up more than the other stuff. Good luck!
  • harmon124
    harmon124 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    i threw out my cookies to make the 1200 diet work. living in the gym doesn't work. how often is everyone working out on the 1200 calories plan?

i made my goals today by eating cottage cheese, almonds, special k protein cereal with almond milk, lg apple, salad with vinaigrette dressing, cucumber & lots of celery...

how is everyone else getting there the calories? they go so fast!!!

what can you do when you're short(5'3 & trying to lose 15lbs) and don't have that much to lose...
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    I'm also on the 1200 train. I'm 5'1" and last time I weighed myself was pre-Christmas I was at 127lbs.
    I'm not so much concerned about a specific goal weight but would like a little less chub around the middle because I am getting married in Sept and also have an opportunity to perform aerial silks with local burlesque troupe, which I'm totally into but also need a little more body confidence before I'd audition for them in April.
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    harmon124 wrote: »
    i threw out my cookies to make the 1200 diet work. living in the gym doesn't work. how often is everyone working out on the 1200 calories plan?

i made my goals today by eating cottage cheese, almonds, special k protein cereal with almond milk, lg apple, salad with vinaigrette dressing, cucumber & lots of celery...

how is everyone else getting there the calories? they go so fast!!!

what can you do when you're short(5'3 & trying to lose 15lbs) and don't have that much to lose...

I'm 5'3 as well. I've been on 1230 for the past 3 weeks, doing great on weekdays and having a little hard time on weekends. Started with 10 lbs to lose and now down to 8 lbs, not much lol.

• weepinwillowtr
    weepinwillowtr Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi, I started my fitness journey February 17, 2017 eating 1100 to 1500 calories per day. I never reach 1500 calories intake a day. My start weight was 150Lbs. I am now 146.0lbs. So I am pleased with the results thus far. I do vigorous cycling 6-7 days a week at 60 minutes per section, so I burn up to 600 or more calories each time I ride. I"ve recently included strength training to tone up. My goal weight is 120lbs . Did I mention I'm 5'2".. yeah...
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    I'm on 1200... been about a week. Wasn't seeing a whole lot of changes at 1300 so I moved it down. So far so good. :smile:
  • bapger
    bapger Posts: 2 Member
    I'm on 1200. I try to eat higher protein/fiber to keep me full, several smaller meals throughout the day so I don't feel starved.
  • casualtygap
    casualtygap Posts: 6 Member
    I'm another on 1200. I'm 5'10 and currently 165.7 pounds. I follow low carb/keto. Started 'lazy keto' November 1st, not counting calories (yikes!)...started counting calories the first week of January. I don't really work out regularly, but I've been walking quite a bit... I almost never eat back those calories. Hell, I don't even get all the way to 1200 some days! My diet isn't perfect, and it's not as 'clean' as I'd like it to be, but I've lost 22 pounds as of a week ago (I don't weigh very often). I'm pretty dang happy about it, and I've only had a couple days when I actually felt hungry more than I planned to eat. OK, I'm rambling now... but I'm happy to chat if anyone wants to!
  • vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Good morning,
    I'm set at 1163.
    40 years old, 5'2", mom of two.
    Please, add me if you'd like.
    :)
  • Krynderson
    Krynderson Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! Not sure if this thread is dead, but I'm at 1200 as well. [5'7, 147 lbs, trying to get down to somewhere around 125/130, ultimately.] I've been walking rather than running (my usual) due to knee issues and uh...winter. Anyone on this thread, please feel free to add me--I'd love some friends!