Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Bunny & Beefy? Or Beefy & Bunny?
    ;)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I would listen religiously o:) to either.

"Welcome to the Keto B&B...."
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    I would listen religiously o:) to either.

It could be entertaining. Don't forget I have ADHD!
    Butterflies... butterflies everywhere
    Oh look! A squirrel!
    ;)
    What rabbit holes I can take a conversation down. Lol
  • RalfLott
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You would be a well-matched pair, I suspect! I'll bet Beefy has maps to a lot of Hare Country.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    You could call it "Hare-BnB"....
  • RalfLott
    Options
    A page from my FIL's playbook.

He also likes to use the old "n=1 Trumps RCTs" device.

("I've fiddled with pesticides, poisons, and other so-called 'hazardous' materials for 80 years, and I'm still here.")
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sharing this with my non-believer followers on G+. Thank you.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I know of a past coworker who is in her mid forties and presently resides in a nursing home because she would not or could not lower carbs to help her T2D and PCOS. She's sadly had several toes amputated, had quadruple bypass surgery, and is on dialysis. She still posts pictures of carb filled meals and treats she eats regularly. I do believe carb addiction is real and can eventually kill you sadly.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I know of a past coworker who is in her mid forties and presently resides in a nursing home because she would not or could not lower carbs to help her T2D and PCOS. She's sadly had several toes amputated, had quadruple bypass surgery, and is on dialysis. She still posts pictures of carb filled meals and treats she eats regularly. I do believe carb addiction is real and can eventually kill you sadly.

Reality check. Thanks, @anglyn1.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »

Yes! And who could argue with evidence like that?!?!
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    "This seems similar to the "no evidence that nicotine is addictive" mantra of 70's, imho."

Doctors in the late 1800's and early 1900's frequently prescribed smoking for (of all things) asthma!! Check out this video from 1949, "More Doctors Smoke Camels"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI

• RalfLott
    Options
    A real nugget!

Many docs still pride themselves on their great nobility and sacrifice for the well-being of all mankind, all the while confidently parroting current industry mantras. "Whence cometh my bread, thereto flyeth my allegiance."
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    "This seems similar to the "no evidence that nicotine is addictive" mantra of 70's, imho."

Doctors in the late 1800's and early 1900's frequently prescribed smoking for (of all things) asthma!! Check out this video from 1949, "More Doctors Smoke Camels"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI

Wow...just wow! I'm speechless.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    @albertabeefy - the problem seems to be you are using logic and reason with those who want to use feelings and emotions. Didn't you know once something has been decided to be true, no amount of facts and further evidence matters? After all, nearly everyone in this group is going to die of a coronary by the age of 50 because we like bacon and actually eat it on a regular basis.

Currently, I am trying to learn Spanish, but for now I am only bilingual in English and Sarcasm.

This reminded me of this meme I saved.
    I have no idea who Bryan is...
    eju697o21yia.jpg
  • RalfLott
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Bümped for recent craving thread.