Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hi, lovely warm BUZZ! It's 17.4 Fahrenheit this morning! Whoever invented warm woolly sweaters, warm woolly socks, warm woolly tuques, snuggly boots and parkas, I salute you! Not to mention furnaces that hopefully don't break down. Must renew my passport, aged or not!
    PATSY, GET WELL SOON!
    Anne
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    My morning is nearly over and after our usual walk on the moors where a cold wind kept the temperature down and a visit from the Pedicurist to tidy toe nails and give me a wonderful foot massage I'm now contemplating homemade soup and crackers. This afternoon I'm going to visit a local store, well about 6 miles away, to see if I can come up with ideas for a friend's birthday present required for Saturday. She's one of those people who seems to have everything so I'm hoping something jumps out at me although usually when I visit this store I end up buying more for myself!

Patsy ~ Sorry to learn you weren't feeling wonderful during the festivities but reading of Katie's antics I think I'd be feeling exhausted! Seriously though, I think these pooches keep us young and just so long as we can sort of keep up with them it can be an ideal arrangement. George's hour long morning walk does us both the power of good and I know if he wasn't with me I'd spend these cold mornings doing very little.

Buzz ~ My passport runs out quite soon too and with air travel being such a hassle these days I'm put off going far. Our airports are chocker and a nightmare to even get to by car and that's before I get near a plane! Perhaps I'll wait for us to come out of the EU so that I can get my British passport back rather than being vaguely European then see where flights from small local airports will take me.

Anne ~ Lots of bugs doing the rounds here too so I'm doing my best to be unsociable in order to avoid the worst of them! Keep warm.

Sandy ~ It's nice to have plans for the coming year and having just transferred information from old calendar to new and seen just how much I got up to with theatre visits and rock concerts last year I'm feeling enthusiastic about checking what's up and coming. George does seem to enjoy having Scruff here because I think he imagines we are all one big doggy pack and yesterday when I opened the back door of my car to take something out after our walk Scruff was ready to jump in and come home with me so must feel the same. It's just my energy levels that need to rise for the visits!

Shirley ~ Sounds like you're getting somewhere with your knee which is good news but sorry you feel you've come full circle with your weight. It's not easy to adopt a healthy lifestyle rather than diets which you're right, don't work and the only way I've managed is to be very selective about what foods are in the home. Here's to 2017 being your year to crack it!

Lin ~ I think you'd have a great time with the paper craft group and perhaps could get yourself organised with a bag of necessities to take with you that doesn't get emptied out at home. I had to do that with my swimming gear, shampoos etc so I wasn't finding I'd left something at home.

Marcella ~ Twelfth night tomorrow so it's safe to keep that tree up until then!! ;)

My creamed and massaged feet are now feeling cold so I must dig out a pair of socks, have lunch and get myself out shopping.
    Thursday already - enjoy!!
    Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    woo WOO it is cold here and fixing to go to my doctor this morning.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Only 7 degrees here as well. I have my meeting today and yipee, my car is done so will be ubering to car dealership to pick it up before my meeting. Babe was going to take me but he is very dizzy today so no driving for him. I will now have two cars but hopefully the paperwork from Bryanna's class makes it to the Secretary of State quickly and she can get her license by this weekend. I drove her 40 minutes each way last night for this class and gave her some new rules that she has to do with me now that she will be driving again. I also reminded her I was her grandmother and deserve respect so no more attitude.
    I swear the kids of today just have no respect and too much attitude including my granddaughter whom I love dearly.

Karen, Happy Birthday if you should check here!!

Stay warm and enjoy this day and all that follow!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Up at 6 AM so I could use the compression boots for an hour. It must be working as the ulceration has disappeared! Then super fast shower so I could go down to the Bistro for breakfast with the kids on their last morning here. Rushed up, stripped the bed, discovered my left ankle tendon doesn't want to behave today, so I might spend time in my new chair with legs UP!!! I have not been using the wheelchair the past few days, so I guess I can't push giving it up too quickly. Six of one and half-a-dozen of the other, I don't know whether walking or wheeling is better for me, so I play it by ear! MARIE, I never think of it being cold in Texas! Hope the doc is happy to see you! JACKIE, the pedicure sounds heavenly.
    Oops, this just posted itself and it doesn't want to simply edit! My cursor is jumping all over! Back another time
    <3 Buzz
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Just lost my post so I will try again.

Jackie, that pedicure sounds lovely, I will have to make an apt. before our trip to Jamaica in February.

Buzz- Our temperature today was 15F very cold and a wind on top of that. I have been seeing TV
    advertisements for Sarasota, Fl. lately I have never seen that before. A lot of Canadians are not traveling to Florida due to our dollar being so low right now. Maybe that will change but I did hear it might go lower. We think twice about going across the river to buy anything. Enjoy your company on their last day with you. :)

Sandy - Your grand-daughter should be lucky all you do for her, she should not have an attitude. Good for speaking up.

Marie - Good luck at the doctors. :)

I just got back from returning my bathing suit and checked to see if my leather jacket zipper was completed at the cleaners, she said probably Monday. Another gray day today and snow is on the way they say so my car is in the garage.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    2468754utmef5l1oy.gif
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Good for you, SANDY, finally sticking up for yourself! You have done so much for your family and I recall how much you devoted to your lovely Bryanna, and somehow, attitudes creep in even though she loves you, too. I hope you have learned to not allow anyone to walk all over you, of all people. You give so much of yourself to others!
    Off to dinner (at 4:45!!!)
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Marcella, I am sorry for your friend's loss. <3 I am glad there was a happier note and that you like your food processor. Thet can be wonderful and the tree can wait. Sometimes we waited to take ours down until Super Bowl Sunday. I really liked having a decorated tree. :D

Sandy, I hope your words have not been wasted on Bryanna. She should respect you for so many reasons and also should not require rules and reminders to follow through. I will say today my temper snapped a bit as a lady came to hang out with us and we were making some crafts. She kept interrupting me to hand her supplies. Okay. She asked somewhat rude questions. But the worst thing was she had no respect for everything the library provided us. She did not clean up after herself and left a mess of ink, scraps and junk! She walked off to watch people work on a jig saw puzzle and I asked her if she had cleaned the stamps she had used. She turned and said NO and just shrugged at me. I was not amused. I cleaned up her mess, cleaned up the stamps and put things in order while she just sat and visited. What an irresponsible jerk. I want to continue to have opportunities for such projects and the librarian is not happy when the supplies are not well cared for. Growl!!

Marie, how was your trip to the doctor?

Jackie, what a busy day!! I marvel at all you accomplish in a day. I am also a bit jealous of your tidy toenails! I do not travel at this point but have every intention of renewing my passport next year. Who knows when I may wish to flee to Canada? Haaaaa. :D I do pack a bag each day based on the activity of the day. I now have starts of some cards so I believe I can pack some things to work on for Saturday. I did keep a gym bag packed in days of old but art supplies are too variable to have a permanent bag. I will likely take too much, it is what I do!

Buzz, I hope your leg is behaving now. Please do take care and you may be right--just take it slow and easy. Wishing you better and better days.

Shirley, you also had a busy day. Good for you. Take care of your knee!!

Tai Chi tomorrow. I tried to call my friend's mom to see if she wanted me to do any grocery shopping for her but she didn't answer the phone so I guess she is getting out.

Still waiting for the mail.

Take care everyone. Hugs.

Lin
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Jackie - Thanks for the info. The tree will be my goal for tomorrow! … or maybe Saturday while it’s suppose to be snowing here in the Atlanta area. I may have to take my chances with the 12th day thing.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello and good night. It's been a long day and while everything has gone well today, at this moment, I'm feeling very tired and sleepy. It would seem that the emotion of Emily's funeral (my friends' teenage daughter that passed) may have been a bit more than I realized. So, the dishes are done, the clothes folded and I think I may just go to bed early tonight.
    Marcella
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    It's one of those grey and cold days today so I find myself humming that hymn.... In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan, earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone!! We were wrapped up for our walk and the dogs thoroughly enjoyed running and sniffing every blade of grass as we stepped out at quite a pace then, when we got back to the car park had to laugh at ourselves as we both bent to hook leads on our respective dog's collars and bumped heads. Luckily we had our wool fleece hats on so didn't feel a thing!! Home again I've had a hot shower, washed my hair and changed into cosy clothes before wrapping the presents I managed to find for my friend. My next chore will then be to place a tray of poison up in the roof space above my kitchen because last night something was scraping about making enough noise for a herd of buffalo but I think it's still a mouse that Brady brought in several weeks ago and left behind the fridge freezer so it's made its way upwards!! The joys of living in the countryside! :|

Marcella ~ Of course any loss is very sad but I always think it's particularly tragic when a young person who's about to step out into the big world dies before they have a chance to experience life's rich tapestry. Incredibly emotional and upsetting for you all so sending a big hug. <3

Lin ~ Definitely keep your passport up to date just in case LOL!! As ever you have the patience of Job clearing up after that individual and that's fine so long as you don't bottle it all up and upset yourself. I won't bore you with the details but a family next door but one, and there's only 4 properties here, has been particularly inconsiderate since the day they moved in 15+ years ago and it took me 14 of those years to reach a point where I realised I had to ignore them and let it all pass me by even to the point of not looking at any of them if we find ourselves together in the parking area. At first I thought myself rude but now I'm liberated from feelings of anger. Sometimes turning your back really does help!

Buzz ~ Definitely play it by ear when it comes to your walking ability. It's just a case of 2 steps forward, 1 back but you'll get there!! Your family must have moved on by now so I hope friends are rallying around to give you company if it's needed.

Marie ~ Keep warm and hopefully good visit to your doctor.

Sandy ~ Hooray, finally got your car back which is one less thing to worry about. Enjoy!

Past my lunchtime so I must get on and eat I think before I climb the ladder to leave a little treat for that pesky mouse! Enjoy your day as you're all now getting yourselves up!

Jackie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

Off to aqua fit this morning, it is so cold out but sunny. The thought of going into a pool makes me shiver but I guess I better get used to it because it is good for my knee. Last night I went to yoga and did some restorative. I had to clean off my car from the snow before going home, I am becoming a wimp lately with this winter. I guess another season of not skiing this year due to my knee. :( I guess enough complaining there are people out there must worse off than me. :#

Tonight we are trying a new jerk chicken restaurant and seeing the new Star Wars movie.

Enjoy the day!

Shirley
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi SHIRLEY, it IS cold isn't it! To be precise only -13 centigrade or 8 Fahrenheit! It's like sitting in the freezer with the lid closed if anyone in the sunny south fancies feeling it for themselves. Don't catch cold after your swim! I'm definitely becoming a wimp and don't venture far with The Bean during this cold snap. Come to think of it, we aren't meeting all the dogs we met in the autumn either. I gave my skis away long ago, brrrr.

My younger son and dil are taking off for a cruise to the Bahamas on Monday and I don't blame them! I have to admit though I am quite happy these days staying home with my hobbies. Actually, the start to my personal 2017 has been rather nice so far.

Grocery shop day hopefully and buying the local January veggies! Plus probably lunch out to shake off any "cabin fever".

12th night for us is 5th January, Christmas Day being the first day of Christmas. The 6th is the start of epiphany. I think it all depends on which part of the world you come from.

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) 3 degrees here with a wind chill of minus 7. Oh well, 73 days 6 hours 59 minutes 40 seconds until Spring, but who is counting? Meeting friends tonight for a quick drink to say good bye to a friend moving to Arizona. (lucky girl) She is more of a friend of a friend so will not stay long but want to wish her well. Will run to Babe's for my check because I don't want him to drive with his dizziness, which I hope gets better. It seems to come and go and my uneducated guess is it comes more with stress and possibly cold weather. He just had some big repairs which cost him a lot of money so that would cause the stress. Two more sleeps until Max arrives!!!!!

Anne, I am jealous of your younger son and dil!! I love being home but I do love traveling, just can't afford it!!! Be careful shopping, I presume someone is taking you correct?

Shirley, good job on the weight loss this week. Happy to read the water is helping your knee, when is your MRI again? I know it is in the middle of the night but forgot what day.

Jackie, you amaze me with taking in stride critters running around over your head. I would be in full panic mode because I am a city girl and small critters and bugs terrify me.

Marcella, great job on your weight loss as well!! I used to keep my tree up until the Epiphany but once the new year arrives I am done with the holidays.

Lin, from your mouth to my ears, I also hope I got through to Bryanna. She is a terrific young lady learning from her mistakes so letting her know my feelings was a good thing. She even sent me money today, so that is a good start. In the case of the rude lady, detachment with boundaries is always the best solution.

Buzz, I hope now that you are once again alone you are taking time for you. You are one of the most kind hearted people I know, always worried about others and always with the right words to ease other people. You are well loved!!

Walmart just called and my new glasses for night driving are ready for pickup. I will be braving the cold but thanks goodness for car starters that let you warm up the car from inside your house. Have a good day!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    lin - I never cease to be amazed at the rudeness of some people. It seems they don't have a high enough regard for themselves to care what anyone else may think!

Today is going to be an interesting day. Down here in the Atlanta Georgia area, when there is snow, there is usually ice. Since we don't get either very often, we're also limited in equipment to deal with either. So, today, Jordan has a video shoot scheduled for 4:30 to 9:00 pm. It's at a different location (the singer's home) and it's in the window of when the rain/snow/ice should be starting. (It's a video for a song that was recorded at his studio and he may be doing guitar in the video.) Anyway, we have a singer, actor and film crew scheduled as "weather" is moving in. No stress here! I told Jordan it was up to God at this point and we're suggesting that if they can get to the location, that everyone take an over-night bag. Fortunately, the singer's home is one of those places that's so big that if an extra 6 to 10 people get stuck there over-night you would hardly notice and her parents are very outgoing. So, like I said, should make for an interesting day.

Wishing everyone a wonderful (though it may be cold) weekend!
    Marcella
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Gonna get My IP out to cook me some beans these can ones just way to much sodium I am cooking Chicks peas Lin how do like your oil less fryer?
    Marie
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    lindasain Member
    January 4, 2017 9:19PM
    Hi my starting weight a few months ago 270 now I am 249 but that was 3 weeks ago and I know I have gained I am going to weight watchers and decided to pay for here a year I have been here for a long time
    Here a bit about me

hi my name is Linda I am a returning member I got 75 pounds to lose and over the holiday I did not so good
    I am going to weight watchers Friday to start over haven't been for 3 weeks
    I work in a group home of special needs adults and love my job but can be stressful but wonderful
    I am single 62 years old and no living children so wish me luck I need more friends
    I really want to lose 100 but depending how I look
    I had back surgery in Sept and my exercise is the pool at the gym now getting there might help due to my older body need suggestions how to burn some calories I can't walk too far like a long ways I need another new knee I work all the time I didn't use to be old of m
  • Shirley61
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Welcome back Linda! We all need to take some holiday pounds off, some more than others and myself included and the need to take alot off! LOL

I had aqua fit this morning and there are always two ladies who love to chat more than work out.
    I am still enjoying the workout and really need it. I am also getting better doing some of the exercises
    without bumping into too many people. ;) There are evening classes to Tuesdays and Thursday so if I can't make the morning I can do an evening class. :)

Sandy - May all go well on Sunday for Lisa! My MRI is February 14th, Valentines day, that's where I will be spending time with my sweetheart because he will be driving me there. I didn't know you could get night glasses for driving.

Marcella - I heard North Carolina is getting lots of snow this week, I didn't know Atlanta got snow too.
    Stay safe if on the roads.

Anne- Counting the days to our trip to Jamaica in February. We will be ready for the warm sun and the loungers and drinks. :)

Jackie - I remember staying overnight at my daughter's and I heard something scurrying over my head in the ceiling and it literally woke me up. It was mice!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    We got Snow coming down not real heavy but seems like a lot for us. But mighty cpld going to be in the teens tonight In the 20's all day I cook a pot of split peas. Don't know yet what to do with them. I did not put no salt in them yet.Now I am going to have some hot tea and catch up with Florida Air port Terrible See what kind of veggies to add to my peas.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    But will be back maybe.
    Marie