Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Great photo of you, Sandy. Sounds like Daisy's illness has her very tired. I'm glad she is still eating.
    Buzz, I didn't have to add a program for unzipping, it was already on my computer and even after windows 10, it still works. I'm looking forward to new things from Apple. I won't be buying them, but since Patsy mentioned the TV interview with an Apple inventor, I'm very curious. It seems like today's trend is for different types of devices based on consumers usage. Instead of keeping a computer for long term, they are replaced every few years. I'm old school, use it up, etc. So I don't like doing this. I hope you can get past this nuisance, I Really hate spending time trying to solve silly problems.
    A warmer day here, so glad. Our last trip West was up to 90 in Arizona!
    Marie, our company installed satellite television in their trucks. They don't charge a monthly fee but they want a 650.00 deposit from us. Jim didn't want to pay it. So, I guess we can watch the TV with an antenna. I don't understand what kind of antenna you have. Rabbit ears? The big old fashioned ones? I think this TV has an antenna, we just never tried it. No time, really. I need to sleep.
    Jackie, where are you on your table search? Hope you will have some warm sunshine soon. Like Sandy, I'm not a good swimmer. I would like to take swim lessons. I'd love to be able to swim in our lake, I'd feel like Tarzan! Or should that be Jane? Have a safe day!
    Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, SANDY, what a glamor gal! You still are ;)
    I was downloading a paid program that was zipped and I installed a free zip program as my WinZip was no longer paid for. I investigated and actually found it did work, but differently than I expected, but all the files are in my computer, so it's just my stupidity at understanding a lot of technical stuff! Oh well. it usually straightens out with time!
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,127 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends. I am fighting connection problems today. Surprise--they're back. Grrrrr.

Waiting for more details but there was a shooting in my neighborhood late yesterday afternoon. Just a few blocks away and that is the closest ever! Two taken to the hospital and other than that they aren't telling us much yet but it seems from the few bits and pieces I have heard, two guys got into a fight and one shot the other. Both were injured and taken to the hospital. I went ahead to the coloring night and enjoyed myself with my friend. Looked at many lovely things in that shop. Massive inventory for people who love to make cards, scrapbook, rubber stamp, etc. Very interesting but I just used my own materials and went home. My friend did like the coloring and we are both on the lookout now for other 'free' coloring get-togethers. It is fun to see what materials others are using, how they approach coloring projects and of course the chatter.

I got some filing out of the way today, documentation on yesterday's phone call and did some cooking.

Anne, I am still looking for a picture to post of my collie from my childhood. Has anyone else found photos of childhood pets? I would love to see them!!

Lots going on this week and found out last night a lady from church has passed away. I am waiting for details but her funeral may be on Friday. I don't know her daughters, they never came to change rich with her. She has needed a ride to church each Sunday since I started attending there in the 1990's and someone from the congregation would always pitch in and give her a ride each way. I took her home after church for a while.

Well, time to check the little sweet potatoes I have in my countertop oven.

Sandy, glamorous gal!!! Woo-ho.

Hugs to you all and best wishes always.

Lin
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sandy! You are just drop-dead Gorgeous! If eye lashes would do that for me...I would be buying them by the case load!

Life continues to be "interesting" here. A corner of one of the skylights in the dining room has lovely Oregon dry rot! So John is in full repair mode...tools,ladders and all matter of preparations to deal with this problem. That means the whole upstairs area is a total jumble. I am hiding in the dungeon until someone yells ALL CLEAR !

We are also hunting for an older doggie to add to our little family. We do enjoy doggies and will try to find suitable adoption options. Second chance pet adoption is helping us. We will all be old together. John says the new family member can share our arthritis meds! Bwahahaha.

Partially sunny today, no rain as yet. Would love to see the comets but couldn't see them yesterday. I must have misunderstood. I thought it was yesterday, early evening. I remember when we lived in Anchorage I set the alarm in the winter to get up and watch the northern lights. Amazing and spooky. They danced and there was a distinct beat to the dance.
    Patsy
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wow SANDY, are we looking at a movie star? Totally agree with PATSY's comment on eyelashes. And JERI what a sweet faced girl!

I hope LIN can find the early picture of her and her collie. We often talk about our past pets and after viewing JACKIE with her Labrador I thought it might be fun seeing our old selves with much loved long gone pets. So keep digging those photos out!!! The picture I posted was taken only 2 weeks after myself, the boys and Jenny and Othello (a cat with personality plus) where left pretty broke and on our lonesome. That little dog was such a comfort!

What a terrible day it's been today. First the terrorist bombs in Belgium and then Toronto's colourful mayor died. He was only 46 but in his short life he sure livened things up at Torontos city hall.

Europe is now on full alert and the grim news leaves me somewhat subdued. And a shooting not far from LINS home! Words fail me! I'm off before I have you all weepy as you sip your bedtime milky drinks! Tomorrow is a whole new beginning,
    Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Yes...poor Rob Ford has passed away at such a young age. He was very colorful and considered
    The People's mayor. May he rest in peace. <3

Also the Brussel's bombing today, I feel so sorry for all the people unsuspecting people and their families. <3

A busy day of errands for me and choir practice tonight.

My choir director just sent out my email last night, so I have been waiting all week for a reply about
    the car I bumped last week. So...today I did get an email and Paula is her name, she noticed it when
    she was washing her car. So I will have to settle things tonight. A busy night, we are having a social
    done by the Altos and we have to purchase our tickets for the next performance.

Great pictures everyone and Sandy looks like a rock star. B)

Have a good evening.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Been at hospital getting x rays
    My doctor is Checking things out no word yet. she could not give me any pain pills on account of my kidneesill post more tomorrow
    marie
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Marie - let us know how you make out. Hugs.

Sandy - you look fabulous. Gorgeous for sure.

Me cute - I looked like a teenager but I was 26.

Yes Marie that is Ed with me v

Thanks all for the kind remarks.

Jeri
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    221k3qmc2cys.jpg

Good morning! December 1976 (Yikes, 40 years ago nearly!!) with my gorgeous cat Columbus who spent as much time as possible at my boyfriends cottage exploring!
    Loved Billy Elliot the musical which received a standing ovation at the end. A strong political story combined with fabulous dance and songs made it an enthralling 3 hours and brought back lots of memories of a turbulent time when Maggie Thatcher was union bashing at every opportunity!

Sandy ~ Wow, what a glamour puss.... you should have been in the movies!! Poor Daisy does seem to have a delicate constitution doesn't she but sounds like Babe does his best to keep her on a bland diet so I do hope nothing serious going on.

Jeri ~ What a delightful photo of you with Ed. That's quite a hunk you snapped up for yourself but then we knew that already!!

Lin ~It must be a worry whenever guns are being used in the neighbourhood even if they're being used in some sort of domestic row rather than aimed at you. It's not a law I'll ever understand when so many get hurt each year.

Phoebe ~ The table hunt continues although slowly at the moment because auction houses don't really get into the swing of things until Spring when people are clearing out or thinking of changing furniture. Sadly I've noticed a trend for 1960/70's furniture turning up now as a generation that bought it when first setting up home is passing on. Crikey, looking at my photo taken in the 70's tells me I'm not far behind!!

Marie ~ Did I miss something, what are you having x-rays on? I do hope you are not feeling unwell but rather having a check up.

Anne ~ Tragic news from Belgium, a country I always consider neutral and even bland when it comes to politics but probably just a bit too liberal in allowing a certain fanatical element to reside in their cities. There's no answer to these cowardly attacks at the moment, just get on with life as best we can.

Patsy ~No doubt John is delighted to have a project to "attack" and bravo him for attempting a skylight. Yes, best stay out of the way until the task is completed. I wish you the best in searching for an older pooch looking for a loving new family..... what a retirement home it's going to find itself in with all that you'll offer!

Now I must get on because I'm preparing for Scruff's 5 day stay while her mum travels by coach to visit family in Manchester. I shall no doubt be exhausted but full of funny stories by the end of her stay!

Jackie

• Jacean245
    Options
    That's a beautiful photo JACKIE! Absolutely loved it! How old was you at the time, you look very young. I had the dubious gift of being told I always looked 10 years younger than my actual age. When Mike was born in the premature unit of the city hospital the matron, a fierce woman, snarled at me "it's disgusting kids of your age giving birth". "Why?" I asked, "I'm 25 and I've been married 5 years". "Good God" said she, "you look 15 years old." From then on I got better treatment, although the gal in the next bed told me she had said to her, "shut up with the noise, we are delivering a baby not an elephant". They don't make matrons like that any more, thank the good Lord!
    And that's my memory of the day! Good luck with Scruff JACKIE, it should be fun, good luck with the skylight PATSY, maybe not so fun? Hope everyone has a fun day,
    Anne.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Jackie - Beautiful picture!
    Anne - Great story and you're absolutely correct that it's great to have nicer nurses in maternity wards these days!

Well, today should be interesting. I have lots of office work and also have an electrician and a landscaper coming at noon. The electrician will be installing new bathroom lights in one of our upstairs bathrooms and a fan/light in our master bedroom. The landscaper will be doing some measurements to see if we will be able to do the landscaping necessary to get some better drainage between our house and our neighbors house. Fun times!
    Off to get ready for the day,
    Marcella
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,080 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :) I was first wakened by a text from Lisa saying good morning at 7am to which I responded good morning but still sleeping. Then at 7:30 I was again wakened up by a Face time call from Lisa and Robby. She said they were trying to call daddy but Robby saw my picture and wanted to call me. You can imagine how I looked laying in my bed with my hair like a wild woman, but it was worth it seeing his sweet face. I did go back to sleep so I am rested even though interrupted. Bingo night tonight and I don't have to rush home so looking forward to a night out. Daisy is improving daily so she should be fine, at least I pray she will. I tried to think back to a childhood pet and the only one I remember is a dog my dad found on the street. All I remember is the dog got/had rabies and was foaming at the mouth so I was on top of a table to keep away from it. My next dog was when I got married and we got a stray from somewhere and he loved peeing on my dryer even when put outside for hours. He didn't last long with my husband. I then got a toy poodle who was my baby. Unfortunately she had a rash that I kept touching and eventually found out it was ringworm, only because I got it on my arm and then gave it to my baby daughter who got it in her head.
    Once we were all cured "Gidget" was my puppy love. It seems it those days I took more home movies than I did pictures so the only two I could find of her were these. Don't you just love the 70's furniture?? I was so proud of that house, I cried my heart out when my ex husband sold it, which led to the divorce.
    yx4ikvpp2jer.jpg
    st0fom06v5og.jpg

You sure brought up a lot of memories some good some not so good.
    Enjoy your day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I can't seems to find any of my earlier pictures Sorry
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,127 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    33qwh51n206t.jpeg

Me and my Collie. We were both young! That same winter I think I built a snow fort. What a winter. The dog's name was Lady.

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Thanks LIN. Beautiful LADY, beautiful LIN. Anne.
    Options
    Loving all the photos! Back to work for me
  • lesutherl
    lesutherl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    HI I'm back Had surgery for a Melanoma a year ago since I am Diabetic it is slow healing. Now it is almost healed I have to get back on a diet still can't exercise .so it will have to be diet alone.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Both are beautiful.

We had a collie when my kids was small name ginger I grew up with a very special dof name
    Andy he was a shepherd of some kind. My mom and dad even let us have pet pig. No pictures available
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sorry Lesutheri I can't remember your name.
    But did want to welcome you back to our group. I wonder what happen to you.
    have a great night. Its My bed time so nighty nite all
    marie

Options
    Hi lesutherl, welcome back! Is your name Laura?
    Sounds like you've been thru some tough days. Do they say that they got it all? Take care, time for me to be asleep.
    Phoebe