Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Update: The video session was cancelled. Jordan, the film maker, and the actor were fine to arrive and just get stuck at the vocalist's house over night. But the film maker, halfway to the location, decided it wasn't fair to his crew.

Shirley - We're looking at 1 to 3 inches of snow where I am. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal. But here in the Atlanta area it gets slushy, then turns to ice and then we get snow. We don't have as much equipment as areas that get this kind of weather more ofter. The cities are continuing to add more equipment and it sounds like they are being more pro-active this year. But, that said, we usually end up with a lot of black ice on the streets.

So my husband and sons have been to the store for whatever supplies they wanted. I have plenty of food cooked and we're looking forward to a nice quiet day or two. At least it's the weekend and it looks like most city/county and other businesses are sending folks home early.
    Wishing everyone a snuggly weekend by the fire, (except those folks smart enough to be in Florida! You guys can just have a nice weekend!)
    Marcella
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon friends
    Christmas was busy as my children were here a few days, including there cute dog. We all had fun. We had so much food too. My son made prime rib and I made ham. We had lots of veggie casseroles too.
    New years day we celebrated my granddaughters birthday (her birthday was new years eve). I did really good at my eating.
    I've been following ww again. I haven't decided to join yet. I want to do it alone . We will see what happens.

Welcome back Linda. Good luck on you ww eating.
    To everyone else :smile: I wish you happiness for the new year.
    Chris
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,109 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to all. I have been die cutting, heat embossing and using embossing folders all day. Thirty four flights of stairs so far. I may go to the library tomorrow.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Well, I must be blessed! My DS and DIL took off yesterday from Ft Lauderdale Airport at the same time 5 people were shot to death today! Talk about fate! Whew! I cannot get myself to think about what their families are going through! I recall when my step-daughter tearfully informed me it was not a gun that killed her son; it was his choice of how to commit suicide! What if he had not been brought up by a father (and then a mother) who worshiped guns and owned more than a dozen? Might he still be alive? I don't know the answer, but he might be!!
    Oops drifted off and am missing Blue Bloods; it might help raise my spirits!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,062 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    w1c0vnq4ktv4.jpg
    hfvhjmas1tow.jpg
    My brand new grandson, Maxwell Thomas, 8 lbs 12 oz. 21 inches long! Beautiful baby brother for Robby who said... I am so excited to meet Max!

Max didn't want to wait until Sunday! Lisa went into labor but had a C Section this afternoon. Max and mom are doing fine! We are blessed!
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Congratulations SANDY and your family for baby Maxwells safe arrival.

You are indeed blessed BUZZ.
    Anne
  • linder4866
    Options
    Congratulations Sandy!!!

Buzz, so relieved to hear your family is safe. I was thinking of you and your family as that news scrolled over the TV screen yesterday. Then I thought they could not possibly be there. Hugs.

Cold day once again. Rethinking my plans for today.

Hugs.

Lin
  • JMarcella57
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Buzz - Thankful that your family members were already on a plane! My heart was just breaking when I saw the news on TV yesterday.

Sandy - Maxwell is so beautiful. Robby looks intrigued and maybe a little unsure what to think about this new little guy. :)

lin - You inspire me. I haven't started to do a lot of creative things again yet. But I'm starting to do a little more stuff. Used a little stamp on the outside of an envelope last week and used colored pencils to fill in a bit. It's a start. <3
    Marcella
  • linder4866
    Options
    I have been at the library since mid-morning! Good thing that I kicked myself to get out.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What a beautiful Grandma and 2 grandsons! So happy for SANDY and her lovely family, including little Max, who is certainly not tiny!!!
    Thank you all for thinking of my kids and their flight! They are safe and sound today.
    I accepted an urging to sign up for an hour of reflexology toward the end of the month, and after struggling with my conscience, I decided I'm worth the $28 for an entire hour! Also, tonight's dinner consisted of a large green salad topped with grilled chicken breast followed by sugar free jello! I must think of different ways of eating to save calories and lose my dreadful weight gain since l moved here with Mike 4 years ago. I'm really struggling to get this post finished before falling asleep! OK, let's hope for the best! DD sends her love!
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It's extremely mild for a January day but with the moors covered in mist first thing our walk was through the usual woodland before climbing a couple of stiles and strolling across open fields in our own little patch of sunshine. The dogs loved having new places to sniff and George impressed with his ability to clamber up walls and stiles!! My plan is to do a little tidying in the garden while it remains dry.

Sandy ~ Congratulations! It looks in the 1st photo that Max is as excited to meet Robby, or is that wind?? :D:D

Buzz Thank goodness your family is safe after yet another mad gun incident. I gather a British grandmother was killed and have to wonder what goes through these peoples' heads when they decide on such actions. Yesterday afternoon I watched a Glen Ford western called Cimarron when it crossed my mind things haven't changed much!

No more heavy boots in the roof space over my kitchen but a tray of poison pellets placed up there anyway! Enjoy your snow, those of you getting a layering. I've had an hour phone conversation catching up with a friend between starting this post and getting here so must move on.
    Happy Sunday everyone.
    Jackie
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Sandy - congratulations and wonderful pictures. They just make my heart swell.

Jackie - I love your posts, makes me wish I could be out walking with you. We have lots of snow and it is very cold. Brrrr. I've been getting in my exercise walking in the house. Not the same but doable.

Buzz - I too was wondering about your family. Glad all was well and they missed it all. AND you are definitely worth the cost of the reflexology, go for it.

Nothing much new here. Poor Ed is still recovering from his cold and it is too nasty to go out. I'm still fighting this horrible acid reflux and intend to see my doctor again this week. Not that that has been helping

Keep warm

Jeri
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Turns out that one of the ladies killed at the Ft Lauderdale airport was actually a great grand mother that lived in Marietta, Ga. She attended a church that is very close to our home. I didn't know her, but sounds like she was well loved here. <3

On a more positive note (sorta), I haven't accomplished much that was on my list to do this past week. Too many unexpected things plus the snow. (A big deal here!) But I've enjoyed some good time with the hubby and sons. So, today, I hope to catch up on a lot of what I was suppose to be doing for the past 3 days. (Laundry, cooking, office work,...) Fun times! :)
    Marcella
  • linder4866
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am hibernating today. I needed to avoid the emotional drama at church today. Still raw over the loss of my friend who has a long history with that church and the recent loss of another member (visitation this afternoon). So I have done laundry, washed some clothes, I am cooking a little bit, paying bills, organizing card making materials, changing burned out light bulbs, and all manner of tiny little productive things!

Buzz, your recent meal sounds very sensible and delicious. Good for you.

Jackie, what a lovely walk. Now dear Scruff arrives soon? Have I lost track? Yes, well probably I have. Ha. I am glad you are hearing NOTHING overhead!! May that continue.

Jeri, I wish your health problems and DH's as well would resolve. I hate to hear my friends are unwell. At the scrapbooking/paper craft/coloring day yesterday, a lady brought in the tiniest printer I have ever seen. She plugged it in and on the spot printed selected photos. I think the max size was 4 X 6. It was so cool. She is doing some sort of weekly journal/scrapbook of her life. Wow. Talk about a project!! You do digital scrapbooking right? You take so many wonderful photos that you probably have dozens of digital albums/books.

Marcella, isn't it odd that so many connections pop up when a tragedy hits? Apparently one couple involved is from Iowa. He was killed and she is recovering. I didn't listen to much of the story in the news as I do not listen or watch the news very much these days. We are doing similar things today although I am avoiding office type work other than bill paying.

Hoping everyone else is okay today. Hugs.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Some of the cards I finished yesterday. A few were partially completed but now are finished and ready to send. :)

f70wgij890gx.jpg

All of the striped cards have a hand colored insert.

Happy to have accomplished something.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    pblv9rmjtqaw.jpg
    This morning's walk.... George contemplating a high jump!

p878oabe0xdh.jpg
    Posing in the sunshine!

Lin ~ Yes Scruff arrives on Wednesday and currently staying with me until Sunday evening but our long term weather forecast is snow and bitterly cold and my friend is travelling to Manchester (up North!) so who knows when she'll get home!! Such beautiful cards, clever you. :)

Jeri ~ I agree, exercises in the home are not the same and I do struggle to find the incentive. Some of our bad weather coming from your direction..... thanks!! LOL

Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Great photos Jackie!!! B) Yippee--sunshine.

I made a card for my friend's mother who loves cardinals and shiny things. I put a prayer on the inside of the card. I did the cover with watercolor pens on the stamps rather than ink.

w3fwqz82xgbb.jpg

Looks like the lovely gold border wants to fall off. Oh well, I tried.

I will be watching Sherlock tonight.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,062 Member
    Options
    I am home and tired but so very happy with the birth of Max. All looks good and I am so grateful!! Robby is just too darn cute, I want to steal him but they won't let me.
    Will be back in the morning.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sandy - I saw your pictures on Facebook and the three of you are just adorable. <3 We skyped with Isaac tonight and he is all over the place, too busy now to talk to grandma and grandpa but we did have a few laughs at his trying to talk to us and us not knowing what he is saying. Kathy bought a potty for training so he has been playing around with it and sitting on it just for fun.

Lin - Very pretty cards, especially the one with the cardinal on it. You are getting very creative. That is something I should be doing, getting those creative juices flowing. ;)

Buzz- I didn't realize your family were headed for Ft Lauderdale airport, you must have been scared when you saw the news report. So happy to hear they are okay and home safe.

Jackie - Is that a picture of George and Scruff? If so, that name Scruff sure does fit him. LOL
    I see no snow on the ground and sunshine. Jealous!

Marcella - Plans are always changing in our family too, from minute to minute now.

Marie - Did you get your beans done? How was your doctor apt?

I went yesterday shopping with my DH, mistake, he tries to help me while I look through the racks. Urgh!
    He finally went to sit in the car. I was looking for bathing suits, not my favorite thing to buy and ended up finding nothing,. I will take another trip to another mall, myself, and try again. After that and all the walking my knee was not happy, so I was happy to get home and sit for awhile.

Today I did some cleaning and my MIL was supposed to come for dinner, but she has a cold and was not up to it. The battery in her car died yesterday so we picked it up today to have our mechanic take a look at it and it is still under warranty. Dave said she has been losing weight lately, not a good sign for a woman who is in her 91st year. She goes to the oncologist on Thursday for her checkup, I hope this isn't a sign of a downward spiral in her health. :*

Have a good evening friends,

Shirley

• delraybuzz
    Options
    SHIRLEY, good luck with your MIL! Perhaps the weight loss is not what you are concerned about! People often simply eat less as they age (at least otherpeople!)
    SANDY, super Nana!
    LIN, lovely work, as usual.
    Everyone, my day was much better and I went everywhere with my walker, not the wheelchair! Now I'm really tired! So far, watching my food, but tomorrow I deal with chocolate cake >:)
    <3 Buzz