Need to eat nothing prepared!!!

Options
Be9465
Be9465 Posts: 36 Member
So, I've meticulously planned every meal for the past almost 6 weeks. Got everything planned and logged into MFP before the day begins and edit as I eat more or less throughout the day. Last night I planned on cooking when I woke up, instead I just got super lazy. Realized I had no food for the day so I rushed to the store and was like, oh no.... not a whole lot of keto options that I know of for ready to buy and eat meals. Settled on a cob salad, intend to kick out the croutons that came with it, some almonds and some Genoa salami slices. What do you all go for when it's time to eat and nothing is prepared?

Replies

• neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Be9465 wrote: »
    What do you all go for when it's time to eat and nothing is prepared?

Cheese, nuts, and nut butter (sometimes with celery). A salad. Whole fat yogurt (Greek Fage if I can find it), a half oz of nuts, 40 grams of fruit (peaches, pomegranate seeds, blueberries), and cinnamon.

• MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I like the cheese and nuts options, as well. Also, deli meats (salami, turkey, roast beef) rolled up around a pickle or cucumber spear, or around cream cheese with chopped walnuts. Buttered broth, or herbal tea with HWC if I'm not wanting a heavy meal.
  • Kodekai1988
    Kodekai1988 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I keep a few types of cheese in the fridge that I like, and always have spinach and eggs. So would probably whip up a cheesy omelette in 5 mins?

Otherwise olives, canned tuna with mayo or cream cheese and some salad - if I definitely couldn't be bothered to switch the hob on.

On occasion if it's very late (like past midnight) I have been known just to have a glug of cream, handful of nuts and call it a day!
  • anja8577
    anja8577 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nuts, cheeses, eggs (try to always have a few hard boiled ones in the fridge), deli meats when I'm home, but out of time to prep anything. if i need to rush out and haven't eaten, i grab portioned nuts, a quest bar (4 to 5g net carbs, depending on variety) or a premier pro protein shake (have those in the fridge always as back up). if i have 5min, depending on time of day, i may make a bulletproof coffee or mix a protein powder with almond milk and some peanut butter.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my go to food. I have a microwave thing that will cook 2 in about a minute so it is quick and easy to eat by themselves or throw on some greens with some blue cheese dressing. If I have more time, then scrambling them with some cheese and any meat available and some jalapeños.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    String cheese, nuts, sausage sticks, hard boiled eggs, avocado, pork rinds are fall back foods if I forget my lunch.
  • Be9465
    Options
    Awesome replies, I do have tons of pecans, almonds and walnuts. Made sure to keep a large stock, love em. I did get 2 hardboiled eggs at the grocery to add to my salad, it only had a half an egg in it. I do have avocados and spinach and eggs, and thinking back I could have whipped them up instead of leaving early to go to the store, I panicked LOL.
  • IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nuts, cheese, pepperoni, salami. I usually don't have extra eggs on hand (2 eggs for breakfast means the dozen lasts me one week). This week my Safeway had 18 count eggs for $1.49 so I plan on having HB eggs or deviled eggs in the fridge for a quick grab and go.
  • Be9465
    Options
    With my job there is a chance every day I have to work an extra 8 hours, I'd hate to be hungry and not eat for 36 hours, I would be jet 90 to the nearest McDonald's for all the mcgriddles and steak egg and cheese bagels they had. :D
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Meat and cheese roll ups
    Eggs
    Cook some ground beef (doesn't take long at all) throw some taco seasoning and cheese on it. Maybe Sour cream too. Eat with spoon.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    14 replies and no one mentioned sardines?!?!?!

king-oscar-sardines-in-olive-oil.jpg
  • Be9465
    Options
    Never tried sardines, they any good? Don't look particularly appetizing.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    14 replies and no one mentioned sardines?!?!?!

king-oscar-sardines-in-olive-oil.jpg

Nono... herring in a can. Mmmmm.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Ooh! Or just a can of oysters or mussles.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    @nvmomketo I can't tell if you're being sarcastic ;), but @Be9465 in answer to your question they are AWESOME! I eat them all the time. Now, if you eat them at work, your coworkers might have something to say about it.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    @nvmomketo I can't tell if you're being sarcastic ;), but @Be9465 in answer to your question they are AWESOME! I eat them all the time. Now, if you eat them at work, your coworkers might have something to say about it.
    No :D I'll open a can for lunch some days. LOL I actually don't like sardines. Herring on the other hand. Yum!