Food Network/Channel etc. shows

Options
_Elemenopee_
_Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
Which one's do you love, hate or love to hate?

LOVE: Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. I don't know why. Guy can be annoying with his phrases (i.e. “that’s Money") but, I love to see the places he goes across the country, the foods he tries and I love that by doing all of this he's helping out the local food places and the Mom & Pop's who are trying to make it while sharing some hidden gems across the country.

HATE: I cannot stand *****in' Kitchen with Nadia G. When it first came on I thought, "Oh cool, this should be fun!" Not the case. I cannot stand her!!! :explode:

LOVE TO HATE: Dinner Impossible. I hate how staged and dramatic it all is but I love to the transformation and the recycling/salvaging of things already on hand. He gives these people a second chance. I'm a sucker for a happy ending. :blushing:

Replies

• harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched that channel in AGES. I used to love 30 Minute Meals, Barefoot Contessa, the bake-offs/cook-offs (like the Pillsbury one).
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I watched in the era of Emril, Rachel Ray and all them.
    Stopped watching when I first saw Guy, and the woman who looks exactly like him.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    I stopped watching a few years ago because with the new baby and lots of other things going on, I just didn't have the time. Lately, we've been watching before bed and going to bed hungry because of it! Who is the one that looks like Guy and did they seriously edit the name of the show with *****? REALLY?!?!?!?!
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love triple D, Paula Dean and Iron Chef.

Hate cupcake wars and it seems to be on all the time.
  • VenomousDuck
    Options
    as an executive chef I have issues with most of the TV personalities on the food channels.
    3/4 of them don't even know how to hold a knife. Drives me insane
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    as an executive chef I have issues with most of the TV personalities on the food channels.
    3/4 of them don't even know how to hold a knife. Drives me insane

I can totally understand that. I watch for entertainment and recipe/food inspiration purposes.
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can't get enough of Chopped. I just like how people are able to come up with good dishes with the craziest ingredients!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Still my favorite channels...

LOVE: Barefoot Contessa, Good Eats, Not My Mama's Meals

HATE: Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives (seems to have gotten boring - i used to like it better when Guy would let the chefs talk more), Iron Chef America (reminds me of the food critics in Ratatouille), The Next Food Network Star

LOVE TO HATE: anything with Rachel Ray or Giada - they both just bug me. Probably the remainder of my fear and loathing of cheerleaders in high school... guess i still need more therapy. :drinker:
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Man V Food!!!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Iron Chef, DDD, and anything with Giada on it. She is hot as hell!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Triple D is my guilty pleasure show. Like OP said, Guy annoys the heck out of me! But I love seeing all those random little places you would never hear about otherwise.
    My favorite food network show is definately Chopped, I could watch that all day. Ilove when people get crazy ingredients and make something awesome from it.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I don't like Giada, or Rachel Ray.. I do like RR's magazine but not her show?

I like Paula, Ina, Nigella and love to hate the semi-homemade alcoholic lady with her matching kichens. Sandra something.

He's not Food Network but I will watch any stupid show with Gordon Ramsey in it. I'm weirdly addicted to him.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Man V Food!!!

To nitpick, this is on the Travel Channel, not Food Network. It is fun to watch how fat he's getting though.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    LOVE Worst Cooks in America (one of those shows where my jaw is on the floor the whole time) and Next Food Network Star (I like seeing all the behind-the-scenes pressures these hosts have to deal with that you don't even think of when watching them).

HATE anything with Bobby Flay. Ever since he went on Iron Chef and completely disrespected Masaharu Morimoto by standing on the cutting board, I just want to rip that self-righteous smirk off his little face. Can't stand the guy.

LOVE TO HATE Throwdown with Bobby Flay for the reasons cited above. Watching him get his *kitten* handed to him over and over by people he thinks he's so damn superior to is incredibly satisfying.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    I should add another category.

LOVE TO LOVE! For me that would be Good Eats as someone else mentioned. I even bought his baking and cooking books. LOVE that man!
  • Th3Machine
    Th3Machine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not on Food Network, but lately I've been watching like crazy Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef on Hulu. I think they are on Fox.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I love Chopped and Iron Chef. I also like DDD but I can't stand Guy. His little catch phrases drive me batsh*t crazy! I have been to quite a few restaurants that have been featured and I'm usually not disappointed.

I'm more of an HGTV addict.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I love triple D too and Chopped. Chopped is my fav.

I like Giada and Barefoot Contessa.

Hate- Paula Deen, anything that Rachel Ray is in, Semi homemade
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    Which one's do you love, hate or love to hate?

LOVE: Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. I don't know why. Guy can be annoying with his phrases (i.e. “that’s Money") but, I love to see the places he goes across the country, the foods he tries and I love that by doing all of this he's helping out the local food places and the Mom & Pop's who are trying to make it while sharing some hidden gems across the country.

HATE: I cannot stand *****in' Kitchen with Nadia G. When it first came on I thought, "Oh cool, this should be fun!" Not the case. I cannot stand her!!! :explode:

LOVE TO HATE: Dinner Impossible. I hate how staged and dramatic it all is but I love to the transformation and the recycling/salvaging of things already on hand. He gives these people a second chance. I'm a sucker for a happy ending. :blushing:

ETA: Obviously open to any network or channel. Food Network and Cooking Channel just happen to be the common ones in our house.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    We love watching Triple D. We have been to a few of the places that were on the show. Also love The Best thing I ever ate. Chopped, and Iron Chef!