Getting back on Keto wagon (January challenge 2017)

Options

Replies

• AngiesCookie
    AngiesCookie Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm on board! had success with Lazy Keto in 2016 and got down to rough goal weight and then decided to forget all that I knew.
    *2008 RNY-er with 130lbs lost- but a regain of 30 lbs. (which may not seem like a lot, but it's ALL in my midsection I swear!)

So back again I go, going to make a lifestyle change to keep it off this time!

Starting weight (1/15) 207
    Current Weight (1/19) 201
    Goal weight: 170/175

• youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    In! December has been a disaster for me food wise. Health wise it has been good. I finally feel good and my blood thyroid levels have moved to where they should be with treatment. That means I am in good headspace and can/should be able to focus on hitting goal again. I was at/close to goal last feb when my thyroid went wacky and I gained and health suffered. So, my goal is IF 5 days/week, keto all the time, and one weekend day up to 50gm net carbs as opposed to 20/day.

Current weight:164lbs
    Goal for end of Jan: 158lbs
    End goal: 135-145lbs, I am not sure yet.

So, as of today I finally dropped some H2O!!
    Current 161.8lbs.
    Approx 4lbs to go for goal of the month!
    Also, I am hoping(waiting on kids passports) to leave on a family vacay to Cuba on feb 9th, so I have a goal of not straying off food plan until then and hitting 155lbs.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take the 2 lb drop this week and trust that if I just keep doing what I'm doing it's all going to work out just fine!!
    CW 158
    Happy Friday!!
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Staying keto but no progress otherwise. Weight keeps creeping up. Something is bloating me. The only major change is recipes with psyllium husk in it. Kinda losing motivation.
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hy'all, what have you been up to? Are you still on Keto? Have you become fat adapted? How much have you lost?

Lost 2 pounds this week. My loss has slowed down, guessing the water weight is out. Hoping to add exercise next week.
  • thegreatroheelio
    thegreatroheelio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight on 1/1: 179.2 lbs
    Today, 1/22: 170.0 lbs

Still trying to keep it under 40g of carbs. Although, I might have had too many veggie pakoras at the Indian buffet on Friday. Does anyone know if those things are held together with carbs? I must have had 10 of 'em.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Getting well seated on my carnivore wagon has been good for me. Belly has had not one day of discomfort or bloating and though I do want to lose more bodyfat and I figure some of that will eventually show up as scale weight loss, I try not to focus on that. But, I have had movement on the scale this month. :)
    From 141.5 to 139.9. I can't say I'm not happy to see that!
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Still trying to keep it under 40g of carbs. Although, I might have had too many veggie pakoras at the Indian buffet on Friday. Does anyone know if those things are held together with carbs? I must have had 10 of 'em.

Yeah, I believe the batter is made with chickpeas? Which I believe is kind of carby but I'd have to check ... but oh my gosh YUM!! We have a great Indian restaurant here, and it's always amazing. :)
  • soechsner09
    Options
    Sunday was 3 weeks in for me and I'm down 11 pounds! Last week's loss was pretty small, but I was definitely hormonal so that affected it. I'll still take it though. SO close to my January goal!!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I survived an outing where I could not control the food fairly well today. Carbs were a little higher than I would have liked but I only ate half the soup served to me and bulked up on cheese, sausage, and cream cheese dip.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am 2 weeks (and 1 day) into my new keto WOE and I am thrilled to be down 14lbs (from 222 to 208) and about 8inches. I haven't been tempted to cheat. I started "cold turkey" and found I don't miss too much. I am able to have chicken wings when I want to go out and feel full and satisfied after 2 meals a day. I have been successful in keeping my total carbs around 10g per day or less and am trying to expand my keto cooking skills now :) I have noticed a great change in my body already and my spouse even wants to jump on the keto wagon now! I am 8.5lbs from my first major goal and half way to my ultimate goal.
  • soechsner09
    Options
    @Scochrane86 Wonderful progress!! :) Wings are totally one of my go tos when I eat out too. It feels like I'm being naughty but they're a perfect keto meal!
  • gracestevens1994
    gracestevens1994 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Started today (again)...

Current weight 145
    Goal weight (for end of Jan) 135

Currently on 135.2...

So close to my January goal!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I am 2 weeks (and 1 day) into my new keto WOE and I am thrilled to be down 14lbs (from 222 to 208) and about 8inches. I haven't been tempted to cheat. I started "cold turkey" and found I don't miss too much. I am able to have chicken wings when I want to go out and feel full and satisfied after 2 meals a day. I have been successful in keeping my total carbs around 10g per day or less and am trying to expand my keto cooking skills now :) I have noticed a great change in my body already and my spouse even wants to jump on the keto wagon now! I am 8.5lbs from my first major goal and half way to my ultimate goal.

yes, it's magical like that.
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Last weigh-in day for this month;
    Starting weight : 179
    Goal weight : 169
    Current weight : 160.

Feeling so fulfilled right now.
    This challenge was worth it. Gearing up for February.

How have you all been? What are your losses or nonscale victories.
  • mbonacci12
    mbonacci12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Started end of Oct 168.4 I have been staying under 20 net carbs each day, with the exception of a few days during the holidays and a weekend away. I find that during those times, I gain a few back and it takes about a week to lose what has shown up on the scale. I weighed in this morning at 142.4. I am finding that as long as I focus on getting right back on this WOE once a special occasion is over, I can ease up and not panic. In the past, once I went off plan, I would stay off.

It is really a different mindset now for me, long term WOE.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Start weight 90.4kg
    Goal by end of January 88kg
    Expected weight by end of January 89.9kg (I'm the worlds slowest loser).

We'll see if I'm right :)

So, weighed in yesterday at 88kg. Seems I've reached my goal for January a week early. Hopefully it stays off and isn't "fake weight loss". I'll post a final weight on the 31st. :)

I peaked 8 days ago at 88kg. The next day I was 89.1. Final weigh in for January 88.4kg. A little disappointed but at least it's a loss.