• wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Great job girls we are first agian
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ext?w=800&h=800&hash=1ipSBBLHZqjrxQXPXUwfxs5rj50%3D&ora=1%2CaFBCTXdkRmpGL2lvQUFBPQ%2CxAVta9Er0Vinkhwfjw8177yE41y87UNCVordEGXyD3u0qYrdf3G4eMLbfOSjuV0QfSQclFEwdvKhSWbkD5K5eNi-Lt8j2sTlIY27dA4BYBI3iSdF_NQ8

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR'S EVE TEAM#1!

THANK YOU FOR THE BARTENDER @120maggie! HOPEFULLY HE WILL BRING @mswanger09 OUT TO PLAY WITH US! THEN OUR TEAM WILL HAVE EXERCISE MINUTES FROM EVERYONE! :)

TODAY I WANT TO DO THIS:
    bingshanghuodong-6.jpg

AND TRY THE ICE SLIDE:
    harbin-ice-festival-china-590-590x393.jpg

WARM UP IN AN ICE BAR:
    img_457_d20140417150905.jpg

AND SEE SOME NEW YEAR'S EVE FIREWORKS!
    2016010610113120915.jpg

ANYONE CARE TO JOIN ME? :)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    That T-rex made me laugh. I'm ready for some Chinese New Year celebrations.

Short and slow run done this morning before another busy day. I'm getting ready to leave town for a work trip and have so much to do. I'll be gone Sunday through Tuesday so it's going to be really hard to get any minutes or challenges during that time. I will definitely get everything logged Sunday and will do my best to catch up when I get back for next week's challenge.

@120maggie - I'm headed your way, to visit Kent State University (that's nearish to you right?). Hopefully I'll see some of Cleveland and the area. I'll be very tight on time though.
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 ofcourse we go with you.....we follow wherever you go
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Great week so far everyone! Still have one orange left to complete the last challenge (forgot it at home so will pop to the grocery store at lunch to grab another).

Hoping to have a bunch of minutes this weekend to help us with those bonus points.

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing a marvelous job!!! Another outstanding team we have!!! Thanks for picking up the slack while I'm away!!
    Great job on the bartender @120maggie
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    That bartender inspired me to go to the Y this morning and get in the pool at 6:15am. He is certainly delicious! Spent 2 hours, my arms are spent, but I feel fantastic (and hunnnngry!!)! Make it a great Friday, I'm taking that ice slide right into the ice bar and warming up with the half dressed bartender! ;)
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That is an excellent plan Mimi !!
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    akllmah11mec.jpg

Hi, everyone. Looks like we've got Team 4 on our tail!

Fluffy and I are going to start working on our videos and try to get in more hiking!

Have a great day everyone! :)

• Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Back on a reasonable diet. Off to the pool for a swim. Video's in the morning.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    OK, I have a "miles" dilemma. And maybe I'm just overthinking it.

I am very adamant about only counting intentional exercise, and not just physical activity. Intentional exercise (per my opinion) means whatever it is I am doing, is for the purpose of exercising and burning calories, as opposed to doing something for some other primary purpose and getting some physical activity as a secondary benefit. Simple rule of thumb - exercise generally requires special clothing or equipment. If I'm in regular clothing, it's activity not exercise.

So the dilemma.....yesterday and today I did not workout. However, because of that winter warrior challenge that I signed up for, I did walk the necessary minimum one mile outside. I wouldn't typically count walking as exercise. However, the only reason I did it was to fulfill that other challenge. It wasn't like I was just going out doing other things, and happened to walk a mile as a result. So do I count it????

And, if so, how much do I count? Usually I run. But because I had other things going on and had to build it into the middle of my day, and didn't have time to change clothing before and after, I walked instead. So because of that, the number of minutes, is almost double what it would have been if I ran. Do I count the actual number of minutes walked? Or should I count the number of minutes if I had changed clothes and ran the mile.

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @ka97: WW_marathon_final_2016-12_medium.jpg?v=1479237791
    It was intentional and deliberate exercise. Running or walking, you still were exercising. All minutes should count. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    @ka97-you're definitely overthinking it lol! It's still exercise even if it's not as strenuous as what you usually do. Count the whole time.
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Count it. My walks at my son's practice aren't intense at all (morning ones are my tough workouts). These are to keep me moving instead of sitting on a chair and playing on my phone like all the other parents do. It's exercise, no matter how small it is.
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @ka97 happy belated birthday! Didn't check in yesterday or post my numbers because I brought work home again. Caught up now for the rest of the weekend. Definitely post your workouts. I do wii bowling with my mother a few times a week or tennis it gets her up and moving. She has arthritis in her hand very bad but I want her to exercise, she lives with us and this is the only way I can do it. I post those numbers but when I calculate with my watch we actually burn about a hundred calories or so in an hour.

I updated the spreadsheet and I finished my three days of orange challenge. Yum
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @smile_laughter the girls pick a really nick looking waiter for us and @Vowder usually gets himself a hot little waitress :p@junodog1 have fun on the cruise