Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,087 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my stomach said no Tai Chi this morning so I have waited a bit. Of to pick up my only RX (running out) and plan to spend the rest of the day with that newly formed group of friends making mats for the homeless.

See you later.

Brrrrrrrr.

Hugs

Lin

<3B)<3
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    My sister saw a UFO when she was young and just doesn't want to talk about it. I believe!

No aqua fit this morning, I have a infected toe nail and will be picking up my antibiotics today. How I got it, who knows. Always something.

Tonight we are going with friends to a junior B hockey game and dinner. Have a wonderful weekend.

Shirley
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wow, I love this group.

Patsy - Your story sounds like something that would happen to me!

Buzz - Your story is just plain interesting! Wow!

Lin - Hope your tummy feels better fast.

Shirley - Take care of your toe at the game tonight. Hope your team wins.

Today is a special day for me. Drum roll, please! I began this weight loss/healthier me journey December 2014. My BMI was in the obese range. I almost got to a normal weight BMI last year, but gained some weight back before reaching it. Today, however, I finally reach that coveted magic number where my BMI is technically back into the normal range. It may not be by much. But it's there. This moment calls for a new charm for my weight loss bracelet!!! <3
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Finally lost a pound, 3.8 to go to meet my goal!! Hard work but I am determined to do this!! Once I get rid of all the carb treats in my house I may even try a low carb way of eating. My daughter swears by it but I do like some carbs so we will see.

Marcella, great job in getting in the normal range of your BMI, much better for your health. What a great reward for a job well done!!

Shirley, hope you enjoyed the game and dinner. Jury is still out on UFO's in my life, although with this great big universe it is hard to imagine we are the only living creatures.

Lin, hope your tummy issues were resolved, I have mornings like that as well.

Buzz, if your poodles reacted to an UFO, then I believe!!

Patsy, I love your story best about the UFO, perfect explanation on how our minds play tricks on us!! Love your Katie, she makes us all laugh!!

Jackie, glad you had a great birthday even if the weather didn't co-operate!

Marie, will you be watching the Super Bowl?

Have a great day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Marcella

c3eoe2vkgmzt.jpg

That's so impressive and you must feel incredibly proud and healthy. I'm only just into my healthy BMI too but it's enough to act as a point I don't want to fall out of! Let that work for you too.

Jackie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Awful weather first thing so George and I walked to the next village and on the way I did my best to clear drains clogged up with leaves that were allowing flood water to flow on the road. Even with waterproofs on I got soaked, especially when cars raced past me splashing the rain puddles over me!! For our 2nd walk we headed for the moors.... big mistake as the temperature had plummeted and the ground was waterlogged although we did manage about 20 minutes before giving up and heading back to the car.

Patsy ~ That's an hilarious story about the UFO.... good ol' Daisy!! My only "sighting" was very early morning New Years day after a party when a boyfriend and I were convinced we saw a UFO hanging over a hydro plant on the edge of Lake Ontario east of Toronto. This was around the mid 70's. We sat for nearly an hour watching a bright light move towards the buildings before it seemed to shoot away into the distance then back again, even phoned local police to report it but I think they imagined us worse for wear after the party! As dawn broke we realised it was the planet Venus rising from the horizon and moving clouds gave the impression it was traveling at great speed! Hate to think we are all alone in the vast universe.

Buzz ~ Believing dogs are far more intuitive than humans I have to believe that what you saw was a UFO although I know there were many secret aircraft being designed and flown over your country. George agrees too!! LOL

Lin ~ Hopefully your tummy upset will settle and good for you getting back to the mat making for homeless folk. I always think there but for the grace of God....

Sandy ~ It's so difficult to clear all naughty food from the home isn't it and for me yesterday friends brought and left a large cake and even with Brady sneaking a bite when I wasn't looking it's going to take several days to finish it off! So glad your bike riding is working for you and just think, a pound a week and you'll have reached your goal by the end of this month!!

Shirley ~ Sorry about your toe nail infection. Is Canespro available in Canada? It's supposed to work quickly and effectively.

The fire is lit and both me and George are now drying off after our cold moors walk so I'm going to settle down for the evening.

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sandy since the cowboys did not make it that far I have no interest in game. no I think I will just sit it out.
    jackie i am so glad you have George to walk with you. I sure do miss being able to get out and walking my pets. i remember my dog Angel and Caliecat . that crazy cat went with us every-time we would go. however she was real causing about on hose for they had a big old tomcat she was afraid of.

Get out and have some fun. while you can.

Love you all Marie

pS I got a kiss from Missy last night. That made my day.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Marie - Happy to hear you and Missy are doing so well! :)

Jackie - We're going to nail this weight thing and I'm certain that both of us will stay in our normal weight range from here on. :)

We live in the Atlanta area. So, for anyone that doesn't have a Superbowl team to cheer for, you can cheer with us for the Atlanta Falcons! B)
    Marcella
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Spent the afternoon stuffing welcome bags for new patients to the nursing floor. On the way back to my apartment, I stopped to visit a real "lady" who was discovered to have late stage pancreatic CA! Her 2 daughters were there, as well, and she was so gracious and, at 95, really lovely despite her status! I guess maybe the word is "serene", and expressing grateful feelings for having had a good life! It's so sad, but in a lovingly good way! Now to dinner, where I hope I will not be tempted, since my weight has remained at the same level for 2 weeks. MARCELLA, CONGRATULATIONS! Good job! Everyone, Hi, loves!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Go falcons Go
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Shirley, I looked at some maps today to try to figure out where you go when you say "across the pond". I've heard that expression to mean across the Atlantic Ocean or closer to my home to refer to the other side of Puget Sound. I assume it means across one of the Great Lakes, but I'm not sure which one.

:) Bess, the Texas dog, had no trouble walking for two hours in temperatures way below freezing but when I took her out in the drizzle this afternoon, she wanted to come in after about five minutes. Her new coat won't arrive until Wednesday.

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good evening, won't be doing much typing tonight. All the cutting and crocheting with the plastic has my hands in spasm and ache. Going to get some rest before starting again tomorrow. I have signed up for a paper crafters time in the morning and a card class in the afternoon.

Poor little Bess. Quite a long time until Wednesday!

I probably will not watch the Super Bowl. I wish I. Ours get the channel that carries the Puppy Bowl but I don't. A local shelter has a viewing party for Puppy Bowl at a local hotel. I will likely just stay home.

See you soon.

Hugs.

Lin
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Buzz - True 'ladies' do seem more and more rare these days.
    Marie - Thank you for the "Falcon" support!
    Lin - I think the Puppy Bowl party is a great idea. Probably don't have to worry as much about the halftime show antics.

Today is off to a nice start. Jordan is recording violin and viola today. My day has begun with the violin. I love what this man can do with a violin. So, as I'm sitting here typing, I can hear live violin downstairs and it sounds absolutely inspiring! o:)
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone

Finally. A slow day. Cold and snowy. A good day to stay home.

Marie - glad to hear Missy is coming along so nicely. It was like that with the dog we adopted. Took awhile but after a while we were "family". Broke my heart when she got sick.

Jackie - that indeed sounds like awful weather, but at least it's not snow. Sounds like you earned your warm evening for sure.

Marcella - congratulations. You worked hard and were successful.

Lin - you are always amazing me with all your projects. Rest up those hands you'll be right back at it soon.

Buzz - you obviously live in a very nice place. I like the idea of stuffing welcome bags. The serene lady sounded just who I want to be - but serene will never describe me. I'm too noisy and that will never change. Hahaha

Sandy - you have been doing so good!!!! Your bike riding is paying off. My scale finally showed a 1 lb loss, which is great more me. I usually only lose a 1/2 lb a week.

Patsy, I loved your ufo story. Gave me a big smile.

I've been working so hard at this weight loss thing. Faithfully recording it all and getting in my 10,000 steps every day - that can be a chore when you get home late.

Have a great day everyone.

Jeri
  • Sandydur
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) Still working at it, over did it on the bike yesterday and the scale showed a gain. I did have some popcorn so I am hoping that it is the salt and it will be gone tomorrow.
    No plans except for Church and working out, either on the bike or the 30 day shred. Just not sure I can handle the 30 day shred, I am not as young as I used to be. lol

Marcella, it sounds like serenity to be able to hear a beautiful violin in your own home. I will cheer for your Falcons tomorrow since I have no interest in the game, just the commercials. lol

Lin, I hope your hands recovered so you can continue to do what you love.

Barbie, that surprises me that Bess doesn't mind the cold when she is from Texas. Does she have a thick coat? I am not to sure many dogs like rain unless the urgency to get out outweighs the wetness. lol

Marie, you are a good sport!!

Buzz, you have such a kind heart and can put yourself in that category of a real lady!

Have a wonderful day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Well folks I have to say, I am very alarmed about things right now! We went to our special beach for a little walk and adventure for Katie. This beach has the iron remains of an old ship. It is called the Peter Iredale. Any way, in the past I have brought bread and various treats for the seagulls and other marine birds. For the past few years the numbers of birds have plummeted. Now the beach has no birds at all. None! The Pelicans have disappeared entirely. No more sand dollars on the beach. Anyone who doubts climate change needs to visit the ocean. It has dramatic evidence. More than the birds have disappeared.

I love cooking vegetarian. I am the only one in this household who enjoys a total veggie diet. John wants PROTIEN! Meat! Fish! Chicken or turkey! Eggs! And not just soy, nuts and beans but with something else. Ha! There times when I can fool him. Chili without meat is pretty easy. There is a great TV cooking program on PBS. Have you seen it?

Rain and snow here. That will completely paralyze the roads and our little town with San Francisco-like hills. We are not prepared for snow. The kids will love it...SNOW DAY! Everyone else (me) will stay home and make soup.
    Marcella: Sunday's always has Sunday baroque concert of our PBS radio! I love it. I look forward to that sweet charming ancient music, often with harpsichord and flute. Makes my heart happy.
    Patsy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    The team we rooted for did win, the goalie was the son of the woman at our sailing club who works in the office so we knew someone on the team. It's a real family place at the arena and they hold 50-50 draws and other giveaways, they serve food although we had a nice dinner at a place called The Office and I had a nice fish dinner. We will definitely do that again.

I went to yoga this morning and enjoyed myself even though my knee was aching from all the walking last night. It feels better now and I iced it for a bit.

Tomorrow Dave is going skiing, I said, you better or the season will be over. So I have tomorrow to myself. Later on we are invited to a super bowl party for dinner and game watching.

Marcella Congratulations on the weight loss!! Getting to a normal BMI is just a pipe dream right now for me , but doesn't mean I stop trying. My only exercise right now is yoga due to taking antibiotics and no aqua fit right now.

Marie Great day, Missy is finally cozying up to you now, just took a while.

Jackie I don't know the med you referred to but I am on antibiotics right now to clear it up and
    pool time until I am done. Grrrr.

Patsy - I am with your hubby on his meal plan of meat, I like lots of protein and trying to lower the number of carbs.

Sandy The 30 day shred seems extreme for you, but what do I know. Just plain walking is better plus your bike. Please don't hurt yourself.

Buzz- Helping out other people like stuffing bags can be fun. You are a very caring person to other people.

Barbie- When I say across the pond I mean the river that separates the US and Canada.

Jeri - Congrats on the daily 10,000 steps, I still join fitbit challenges but no where near where I should be in steps due to my knee.

Shirley
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Shirley, I totally agree with you on the 30 day shred.....I did it for 20 minutes and when done I was wheezing and had to use the inhaler from when I was sick. I will stick with walking, playing with Robby and my recumbent bike. Yikes!! Sometimes I forgot I am going to be 75 soon!! lol
  • linder4866
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good evening, had some fun today and some things that were a let down but home and ready to pack up for an early day at church. It will be an early day each Sunday all through February due to my extra chores. <3

I need to find a little something to take to my friend tomorrow. I realized I do not have enough so also need a quick trip to Trader Joe's early, early.

Wow!! Some intense exercise going on here! I agree that if it seems like it is too much scale back or start slower.

Marie, glad Missy is getting more cuddly. <3

I like the gold standard (for me at least) of 10,000 steps, 10 flights of stairs and 30 minutes of faster paced movement. So even though some activities were sitting today I still have a total so far of 15,250+ steps, 18 flights of stairs, and 35 minutes of faster paced movement. Not extreme.

Patsy, I love all vegan meals everyday. Your DH would be unhappy in this house! :D

Marcella, I would like to add my congratulations to those already voiced. Great accomplishment!!!

Buzz, you are kind to help people by assembling those kits. Very thoughtful.

For those who are watching the game tomorrow, may your team win!!! Ha. I might flip to try to watch some commercials.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Lin, how do you get so many steps and stairs ?