20 Weeks of Strength Building - Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Options

Replies

• DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    So true Rachael -- that's why we are Team Finish_No_Matter_What!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    No workout today, but spent some time chasing my daughter around outside. In my area, it's 65 and sunny today, and tomorrow we have 6-12" of snow in the forecast :confused: I'll be in the gym tomorrow though-I grew up in the Great Lakes snowbelt area of NY. Snow don't scare me *so tough*

I actually got on here today thought bc I was super excited to share a tiny little non-scale victory. Since it's gorgeous out, I wore a dress to work with no tights/leggings (scandalous!). I wore booties with heels, and as I was giving myself the once-over before walking out, I caught sight of my lower legs. I have so much more definition in my calves and shins than I did before losing weight! It's not an area I've ever measured, so I don't know how much actual change there is by the numbers, but I know I can see a difference, and my calf-high boots actually go over my calves now, which is delightful! So even though the scale's been stuck for a bit, something is happening.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    No workout today, but spent some time chasing my daughter around outside. In my area, it's 65 and sunny today, and tomorrow we have 6-12" of snow in the forecast :confused: I'll be in the gym tomorrow though-I grew up in the Great Lakes snowbelt area of NY. Snow don't scare me *so tough*

I actually got on here today thought bc I was super excited to share a tiny little non-scale victory. Since it's gorgeous out, I wore a dress to work with no tights/leggings (scandalous!). I wore booties with heels, and as I was giving myself the once-over before walking out, I caught sight of my lower legs. I have so much more definition in my calves and shins than I did before losing weight! It's not an area I've ever measured, so I don't know how much actual change there is by the numbers, but I know I can see a difference, and my calf-high boots actually go over my calves now, which is delightful! So even though the scale's been stuck for a bit, something is happening.

Snow actually sounds great to me since we don't get too much in Georgia. And congrats on the calf definition. If we really put it into perspective that's even better than "scale" victory. Scale is number but the sexy calf is REAL! Go girl and keep up the great work!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Awesome Amy!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    amy- Fantastic NSV!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Squats: 3x5 @ 130, 1x4 @ 130. Form was getting sloppy in the 4th set so I stopped before I hurt myself.
    OHP: 5x5 @ empty bar. Felt ok, small twinge in the rib muscle but not bad.
    Deadlifts: 1x7 @ 135. Big girl plates! Did two extra because I was excited and bc I did less of the squats.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day
    Oops I didn't realize what day it was and I started to do the squats! I guess I just love lifting heavy!
    Squat-1X5X 55/65/75/85

Kettlebell Swing
    Morning workout
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X7X 30

Move more sit less every hour ten minute challenge 5hr
    Russian kettle bell swing-50×7×30

Evening work out
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing 25X7X 30

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    A lot of good recipes, questions, and support!

Calorie Goal
    Definitely way below calories!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Amy, you lift some serious weight! I just can't imagine squatting 130 lbs.
    Great job Mary!

My hunger is starting to increase but I think it's because TOM is about 6 days away.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Sorry I've been MIA this week, it's rough not feeling well, sleep is eluding me all.week.long. it's my time of month and some other personal things going on. I think past week I was too gung ho and then a week I am paying the price. Hoping to take it easy until Monday, then get back to.lifting.

Stretching, walks and baths until then.

Amy, awesome job on the calf definition and I agree squatting 130# is amazing! I feel badass at 80#!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squat -1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL - 1 X5X 95/105

Day 6- Focus is on getting high fat foods in during the day. Fantastic recipes!

We will be entertaining my son and daughter in law for a couple of days so I will be MIA! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Glad you taking good care of yourself Kirstie. Have a great time with family Mary.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 6 Workout: #3

Deadlifts 105 lb 4 × 6

Shoulder Press 40 lb 4 × 6

Bentover DB Rows 30 lbs 4 x 6

Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Not gonna lie, I'm a little intimidated at the thought of the next jump in squats--big girl plates to bring it up to 135! 130 is pretty heavy right now though. I think I'm going g to stick to 3x5 and stay at the same weight for a few workouts before I worry about moving up. Squats are starting to take a long time now bc I need to rest longer between sets. Also, I'm still in serious awe of some of the women who post hundreds of lbs in squats on other forums! A couple months ago 85 seemed like a lot. Now it's a light warm up weight. It's amazing how much and how fast things can change when you keep at it!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Strong lifts today. kept the weights the same. Actually tried to deadlift more but couldn't get it of the ground. Haha oh well. Also P90x legs and back plus a short walk.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    Today was pretty annoying, TBH. Bros curling in the squat rack and hogging both benches--I couldn't finish my benchpress bc people were being really rude and thoughtless. One guy was sitting on the bench for a solid 20 min yakking with his buddy--same guy I had to chivvy out of the squat rack where he was curling, via many pointed stares--and another guy refused to let me work in even though he was obviously resting between sets and I only had 4 to do. I was so steamed when I left!

So for what I did get to do:

Squats 4x5 @ 130. Mostly with good form, a couple got kind of good morning-y so I stopped at 4.
    Benchpress 1x5 @ empty bar, 1x5 at 55 while I was waiting for the squat rack.
    Wretched rows: 3x10 @ 70.

I'm not at all bitter at having to do extra rows to make up for not being able to do something I like, no not at all.....blargh. Don't mind me, I'm moody today. Neither scale nor measurements are really working out right now, and I'm grumpy at having to cut my calories more.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats -3X5X30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 25X7X30

Day 7- still in ketosis and making meal plans ahead which helps me to be successful. I have heard of several people in our group that are having success in losing weight! Congratulations!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    What happened to the week....
    Last workout was Sunday, really ?

Got family visiting, taxes, car broke down, working overtime.... Just realized I haven't worked out for the whole week. Argghh. I'm Super thankful it's not from injury tho.

Hope all is well and progressing with everyone! Happy lifting and losing!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squat-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay at or under calorie goal. Check and check!

This is day one of week two. Love the food and the recipes! No need to go without dessert! There are plenty of sugarfree low-carb options! :p
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Checking in:
    Plan: SL5x5
    Start Date: 1/1/2017 {204#}
    End Date: 05/21/2017 {179#}
    Goals:
    1. lose 25# of fat {193#: down 11#}
    2. stick to a low carb diet {check!}
    3. Follow hunger cues, and only eat when hungry {doing MUCH better}
    4. Improve mobility and be rid of the pain in my leg {huge improvement!}
    5. Strengthen my back and hips (injury prevention) {check!}

Last week I walked once, and did not lift at all. Following what my body is telling me. I did spend about 3 hours taking apart and cleaning my malfunctioning dishwasher, and trust me, that was a workout on its own! My thighs were killing me, all that squatting to get in there and scrub! Sore back after so I stretched and took an epsom salt bath. Slept better that night too. Hoping to feel up to lifting this week. Satisfied with my progress so far :D
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-30 X 10 X 30
    We have now increased the number of swings to 10 per set.

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay under calorie goal!

I lost .8 pounds and am in ketosis. I love eating this way very filling never hungry and always expect to see a loss! The great thing is that I know it is Fat that is actually being burned especially from liver and belly fat!