TEAM TWO

Replies

• Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think I sort of caught up on the reading here! I was Such a loser last week! Sorry!! I was just having a rough week and feel bad not really coming on here at all except to plug #'s....I did most of the challenges but didn't put up anything special in miles and I have been eating TERRIBLE!! I do not know what is with me! 2 weeks of that under calories challenge (something I ordinarily don't have a huge problem with) and I couldn't get it done either week...and my weight shows it! ;( Anyway...it IS a new week! And I vow to do better!!

I should have gotten on here too! It's much more motivating when you aren't motivated! And I KNOW better!!! @Anna...if I had seen your doggie pic I would have probably killed the stairs! Was A Great Idea!! And my dogs would have had a blast getting under my feet! Instead I just did the stair climber...borrrringggg!

@and Cindy...I can't say I'm not jealous of those pics!! But So glad you had a wonderful time! BEAUTIFUL!! I can't think of a better way to get exercise...snorkeling and walking in the sunshine!! Wish I was there!! lol!!

Nowww then....that food challenge this week is gonna be BRUTAL!!!! I am THE Pickiest eater and foods I Hate...I HATE!!!!! Butttt I'll try and think of something I hate that I could stomach....maybe some kind of fish....anyone have a great recipe to hide the taste of fish?? ;-D Cooked veggies will make me puke and ain't No Way I'm eating any kind of bug....gives me the willies just thinking about it!!!! You should see me try to watch Fear Factor!

But I am stoked about the foot challenge! My feel Always hurt so I think this will be a Great learning experience and I might get some great benefit from it! Maybe we all will....except for...who was it...that hates feet?! lol!! So long as I don't have to rub my husbands feet as part of the challenge...I'm In!!

Great Week Ahead Team 2!!
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Scary food...Any suggestions?!? I don't want to eat bugs because that's beyond scary.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    @Sheri869 I'm sorry u were feeling so demotivated last week, we've all been there, trust me. But glad you're over it and ready to bring your "A" game!

I like the challenges this week! I already completed challenge #1. I did the first video. Only burned 167 cals according to my fitbit, but then I didn't really do much of the jumping because my left knee has been hurting lately from doing Insanity here on these concrete floors. But this extra burn puts me on the track to burning 3000 cals overall today, which I need because yesterday I was SO lazy and didn't do diddly squat because the rain fell all day.

I will start challenge #2 later, I'm actually looking forward to giving my feet some well needed TLC.

I will be using cottage cheese for challenge #3. I absolutely HATE it, it reminds me of vomit and makes me want to vomit. But I have it in the fridge because I use it in my protein shake where I can't taste it at all. I am going to try again, just for this challenge, to just eat it as is. My stomach is already turning at the very thought of this. Wish me luck!

As for exercise minutes, the rest times have been halved in the strength training program I'm currently doing. Because of this, my total gym time was cut significantly (although my calorie burn was more!) so I will have to find other less intense activities to make up the time if I'm to reach the 700 minutes again this week.

Team 2 Beat, it's time to step it up and live up to our name! Let's kick some a.s.s.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    I'm with you @RandiNoelle on the foot challenge. It would be more challenging if we actually had to go and get a foot massage because I have a weird fear/dislike of feet but since we do it ourselves, I think I can handle it.
  • Sheri869
    @Tameika...you are a workout BEAST!!! Good Luck this week hitting the 700! My "A game" isn't quite yours...but I'm ready to Bring It!! And...sorry...lolol on the cottage cheese...Best of Luck to you!! I love cottage cheese but I do have to look past the consistency.

And actually you just gave me an idea...cuz I HATE milk...so maybe I'll try and make that mine. Or Apple Juice...but I guess that doesn't really count since they are liquids soooo I'll keep thinking. When I was a kid my mom made me take those nasty stinky horse pill vitamins with milk or apple juice...after years of that, that's all I taste when I drink those...*shudder*! Still open to ideas!!

Okkkk you peeps afraid of feet...still cracks me up...but you should grab some surgical gloves to do the massage with...maybe that'll help. Or just soak your feet for an hour before in nice bath salts and warm water and they'll be Clean as a whistle and might not freak you guys out so much! I have to wear the toe spacers at night because of a pinched nerve so I'm over it...I love the lotion at night then the spacers...Very soothing! But this, I'm with Tameika...this will be some Bonus TLC!
  • Sheri869
    And I'm excited for the kickboxing portion of the challenge...I used to do it all the time...and I kinda miss it!! Nice to get back to it a little this week...its is a brutal workout though!! Ok...I'm ready to be sore! Bring It On!
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 401 Member
    I have absolutely no problem with the food challenge, especially since I'm traveling. I ate Octopus for the first time tonight. I've tried numerous other things this week that I had never tried before. Fried plantains are one of them.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 401 Member
    Oh and I forgot to mention- the Octopus was delicious! I have pictures on my phone, Phone is dead right now.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    @Cindyk4919 I LOVE fried plantain! Especially when the plantain is not fully ripe. Definitely in my top 5 favourite things to eat. Yummy!

Did the first massage video twice. I've racked up tons of minutes today, will enter into spreadsheet soon.

Ate 1 spoon of the cottage cheese. Yuck! It was all I could do not to spit it out. I have no idea how @Sheri869 could love such a thing. :s

So for the purpose of MissionEnforcer verifying the challenge:
    1. I tried COTTAGE CHEESE again.
    2. It was just as gross as the 2 previous times I tried it. I refuse to try it again! (Unless I have to for a challenge)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm so excited! I managed to con my husband into giving me a foot massage. He doesn't know that I have the option of doing it myself. I sorta left that part out. But I did promise to give him one in return, so I don't have to feel guilty about the omission. ;)

Here is my list of scary foods. Not sure what to pick: sauerkraut; sardines; lamb; any of those weird, stinky cheeses; tripe; persimmons (don't think I can get them this time of year, thankfully); liver... Hey, they have frog legs on sale at the grocery store right now. But I heard those were good, so maybe that's not a scary enough choice. I will have to think about how much trauma I can take. Maybe I will chicken out and have something semi-scary like cheese curds or some kind of custardy flan thing. Totally gross, but not truly terrifying like the others. :p

ETA: My husband just reminded me of my distaste for okra. I think I could maybe do that. It's nasty, but I think I could choke it down. Then he went and added more gross stuff to the list, like lutefisk and pickled pigs' feet. I'm just not going there.
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Maybe I will chicken out and have something semi-scary like cheese curds or some kind of custardy flan thing. Totally gross, but not truly terrifying like the others. :p

Cheese Curds + Fries + Gravy = Poutine = DELICIOUS

...just sayin'.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Soulfood77 wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Maybe I will chicken out and have something semi-scary like cheese curds or some kind of custardy flan thing. Totally gross, but not truly terrifying like the others. :p

Cheese Curds + Fries + Gravy = Poutine = DELICIOUS

...just sayin'.

LOL. My parents love cheese curds ever since they discovered them on a trip to Minnesota, but something about them freaks me out...maybe it's the name that makes me associate them with milk and cream and curdling things. Like cottage cheese - @jamaicanlady feels my pain. I'm not a huge fan of soft, liquidy dairy products. A slight shiver ran down my spine at the thought of it.

I really only like the mild, firmer basic cheeses - like cheddar and mozzarella, and maybe cream cheese if it's melted and mixed into something else. Perhaps I should try cheese curds with fries and gravy? Do the curds melt in that scenario? Because melting would make them MUCH more appetizing. :#
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I was going to get up and run this morning but woke up with a headache so I thought I would do the first reflexology video. My headache is almost gone!! I also watched the Muay Thai video....craziness!!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    For Challenge 3, I'm going to be making curried noodles with tofu. TOFU! I've ready approximately an zillion articles on how to properly prepare it but I'm still eh...
  • Sheri869
    edited February 2017
    @jenilla...yes the cheese curds will melt a little...and Poutine is AMAZING! I just tried it for the first time about a year ago. And how can anyone not love Cheese Curds!! Really...just shut out the name because they Literally just taste like little chunks of cheese...if you like cheese. I never wanted to try them either but finally did and that's all they tasted like to me...most just taste like pieces of mozzarella (or cheddar if you can find those)

@sorry Tameika...no new love for the cottage cheese huh?! Wellll at least you gave it a go. I still can't decide where to go with this...most foods I don't want to eat - I am not merely "afraid" to try but rather terrified or I want to hurl! But you guys have put up some good ideas now...so maybe I'll pull from those.

I did not like Sauerkraut at all the one time I tried it...but I might be able to stomach it...or Tofu...Yeeeeuuuk!! But I have a vegetarian friend...maybe she can make a good recommendation....so thanks for those ideas Randi and Jen

And Jen....You Are SERIOUSLY going above and beyond on this! Some of your options you're putting up make me want to puke just looking at them...pigs feet?! sardines?! frog legs?! Liver?! NO WAY! But you had a couple milder ones too...goooood luck to you my dear!!

And OMG...I did the first foot massage video last night...other than some very disturbing nightmares I had last night...I actually felt relaxed enough to fall asleep at a decent hour and sleep through most of the night (ahhhh) and my feeties loved me!! ;-D But @jenilla1...YOU are Brilliant!! You had the right idea!!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
  • Sheri869
    edited February 2017
    Here's the recipe my vegetarian friend gave me if anyone is interested in trying tofu as their "yuck" food...I think I'm gonna give it a try with LOTS of Sriracha and chicken on hand in case I hate it once I've tried it!! (Too bad this challenge wasn't a couple months ago...she got me to try Kale in potatoes...I was Severely against it! Kale is what you fill in a salad bar for GARNISH...its NOT to eat in my eyes!...but I actually like it...I wouldn't make a meal out of it but its pretty good in potatoes.) Anyway...here's her Tofu recipe...who knows...I might like it too!

"last time I made tofu is i fried it up in a bit of oil (i use avocado) cut it into match stick size and heat the oil, cook the tofu up till its golden brown on all the sides, then drizzle in a bit of sriracha, and honey toss it about and then eat it...yum!!! I added it to some stir fired vegetables, and it was darn good!"
  • Sheri869
    edited February 2017
    Ooops! You can tell how romantic my home is....I forgot to mention to everyone...Happy Valentine's Day!!! <3's and *flowers*...and maybeeeee a small chocolate or 2 for everyone! <3:)
  • Sheri869
    Welllll this is going to sound BEYOND weird and wrong to most of you...but last minute plans have made it so my hubby and I are going to a steak and seafood buffet tonight....sooooo instead of tofu I'm going to try some kind of seafood and I HATE seafood (I know...something is wrong with me)...Though I've tried VERY little of it...shrimp is pretty much all I like...so I guess I'll try some icky seafood dish that I wouldn't ordinarily try EVER....the smell in there is going to be bad enough! My husband talked me into Clam Chowder once...I about lost my dinner! YEEUCCKKK!!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Happy Valentine's Day!! There are so many posts I want/need to respond to and just cannot find the time to keep up with them all lately. I am still getting in here multiple times a day and reading everything but being able to post has been so hard. I have yet to start any of the challenges and am not sure what my food one is going to be. I also have a big fat 0 for today. I should be able to get up and workout in the morning. Work life has taken another surprising turn and I'm not quite sure what then next several weeks/months will hold. I will keep doing my best and hopefully that will be enough!! Hope everyone had a great day.
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    I got the kickboxing challenge done and will use the other videos for exercising this week. Keep pushing team 2!