TEAM TWO

Replies

• Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Hi all!

Not a super active weekend for me. I think I just need to accept Monday as a rest day. Even though it's a weekend day for me I just never get any activity in. Guess it's my lazy day. Did get a walk in as well as the kickboxing video so that adds some minutes as well as some points to the spreadsheet. Nice weather this week and the kids are off school from Thursday to Monday so work should be busy! Looking forward to it. A zoo can be SUPER boring in the dead of winter.

Good luck to everybody trying new food! I am super picky so not sure yet what I will choose but I am already not looking forward to it lol.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Good morning team two I hope everyone had a great valentine day yesterday my hubby made dinner, he never cooks so I will take whatever he makes. Scrambled eggs and toast was quick and easy and I did not have to cook. I will get some time at lunch today to do some more walking and maybe some time for the exercise videos. My husband said my food should be mushrooms as I absolutely detest them but that's a no go for me I will figure it out
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Did get the kickboxing video in. Actually liked it quite a bit. Per fitness tracker, I burned 222 calories...not quite the 250-300 she was saying though. :'( Will try to start working on the feet one soon. Not too excited about finding the time to do that one!! Happy Wednesday!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Laura...funny mushrooms are your thing...we are on that same page!!! I do NOT understand how people can eat a fungus!! Gross! Buttttt I did try them last night...and guess what...I still hate them!! ps...glad you had a nice Valentines Day with your hubby cooking!!

Soooooo I did do my Yuck Food challenge last night (I personally think I should get all kinds of points for this! lol!!) I tried several things off of my husbands plate...the steak and seafood buffet was really good for that...and I had my plate of good food to bite in between to take away some of the awful tastes....but here it is...

1st - Clam Chowder...here it wasn't bad...it had more of a potato taste than fishy.
    2nd - I tried sautéed mushrooms - THAT WAS DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! Slimy and Nasty Tasting! Though my husband ate piles of it...I will Never eat that again!!!!
    3rd - raw mushroom in salad...that wasn't horrible...more tasteless than anything and MUCH better consistency than the sautéed ones...SHUDDER!!
    4th - Calamari - as it was breaded and fried - it really wasn't bad - though one piece was enough - I didn't really care for it but I wouldn't gag on it ;-)
    And lastly tried - Catfish - Yucky! Wasn't the worst thing I've ever had but it had a mushy consistency that I didn't care for and the taste was kinda ewwww...I ate a bite of steak right after so that helped!!

And then I treated myself to a Mai Tai at the show for all my hard work!! lol!!! That Was Yummy!!
  • Sheri869
    and fyi- I am SO glad I got that part of the challenge out of the way!!!
  • llmg970
    @Sheri869 don't forget to tag mission enforcer to get credit. And great job on trying many new things. That was a great way to do this challenge
  • Sheri869
    @laura! Thanks! flunky here...how do I tag MissionEnforcer?? Do I message or do something else? Thanks for the help!!
  • llmg970
    Sheri869 wrote: »
    @laura! Thanks! flunky here...how do I tag MissionEnforcer?? Do I message or do something else? Thanks for the help!!

nope just tag him in the message about the challenge
  • annenonomus
    annenonomus Posts: 12 Member
    So I tried a raw quail egg with fish eggs. tried to add pics. It was ok, kind of salty.

g9vkc7do72xq.jpg
    yv55ci4nvpl8.jpg
  • Soulfood77
    So I tried a raw quail egg with fish eggs. tried to add pics. It was ok, kind of salty.

g9vkc7do72xq.jpg
    yv55ci4nvpl8.jpg

BRAVE.
  • Sheri869
    ^^ VERY BRAVE!! You just put my list to shame. That looks SCARY! I'm not sure I wouldn't have rather'd just eaten a bug!
  • llmg970

g9vkc7do72xq.jpg
    yv55ci4nvpl8.jpg

Wow what a choice great job
  • Soulfood77
    Well the other challenge I am in requires me to try my partner's favourite food. Both options she gave me fall under the requirements for the challenge here so I will go with one of them.

Food I have been afraid to try: Avocado
    Food I have tried and didn't like: Sweet Potato

Need to go to the grocery store to buy and then decide how to cook/prep/eat.
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Food Challenge Complete

1. Salmon Roe (fish eggs) is what I tried

2. The taste wasn't bad, briny/salty but the look and texture was unappealing to me. I love sushi but have always avoided the fish eggs.

@MissionEnforcer
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    I'LL BE UPDATING THE WEIGHT-LOSS LEADER SHEET TOMORROW EVENING (THURSDAY).
    BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT, IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THE CHALLENGE!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Sheri869 wrote: »

@sheri869 you tag someone by typing the @ and then their name, but don't leave any spaces between. See how I tagged you and it ended up in blue? :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member

g9vkc7do72xq.jpg
    yv55ci4nvpl8.jpg

SO GROSS! You win! :p
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Ok so I don't know about anyone else but I've been having lots of problems accessing the spreadsheet this week. Strange!! Anyway I've tried something...well not new...something that I tried many many years ago and absolutely hated it....cottage cheese....the verdict is out I still hate it it... :s !!! I'm halfway with my foot Videos!! Felt nice after my run this morning!!

I will try updating from a PC when I get to work and see how that goes!
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 404 Member
    Just did the kickboxing video. I really enjoyed it, but was I stiff!
    I really enjoyed how natural that first video was- they didn't edit it down to super slick with no mishaps. I'm going to follow her on Facebook.
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    Two videos for foot massage down, still haven't figured out the food that grosses me out. I'll come up with something.