TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm like you @rusgolden - work has been hectic this week for me also. My workouts have really been suffering, and I don't seem to have much time online for posting, so I'm super behind in posting to my other challenge threads (and even just reading them). Trying to get some good workouts in despite work and my aches, but it's been challenging getting my usual minutes. Hope to get the kickboxing video done tomorrow since it's looking like a bad day for paddling...but I've got a meeting mid-day which is my usual workout time. Hopefully, I can take some time after the meeting to knock it out.

@mvfeathers2 - that actually looks pretty yummy, but I like cauliflower, so it wouldn't be much of a challenge for me.

@jackiep248 - I'm still chuckling that you went to England and ended up in a Greek restaurant (o.O) But good on you for trying octopus. I'm not a fan of calamari (mostly a texture thing), so I doubt I'd like octopus either. We have a Greek place in town, and one of my friends loved to get the octopus when we'd go there for happy hour. It just doesn't even look appetizing.

@geminiswede - I'm with you about yogurt, though I don't like the frozen stuff either. For me, it has a funny after-taste. I will use it in some fruit salads, and I want to try a protein yogurt cheesecake recipe that I saw online...so I do eat it sometimes, but sort of like eggs, while I know it's good for me, it's not my first preference.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Question on the videos. Previous weeks challenges have said you can count the minutes from some of the videos if you stay active while watching, but it doesn't say that this week. Does that mean you get to count them even if you just sit and watch without doing anything?

No.

Thanks. Good to know since I WAS working out while watching and counted the minutes. Hope everyone else is, as well!
  • ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Did another hour of kickboxing at the gym tonight before my yoga class. Still need to do the foot massage and food challenge. Will get it done before the deadline!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'LL BE UPDATING THE WEIGHT-LOSS LEADER SHEET TOMORROW EVENING (THURSDAY).
    BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT, IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THE CHALLENGE!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Team one has already reached the destination, let's be second! Less than 10% to go!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Planning to do some of the Challenge #2 videos today and should complete #3, as well. Heading to the pool to log some more minutes/miles this morning.

Have a great and active day everyone!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    You know it is going to be a great day when you are over 10000 steps before heading out the door to work! We went for our long run this morning. It was such a beautiful day and feel great coming home!! I have one more kick boxing video to do and one more foot video x2 to do and then I'll be done the challenge. Will be finishing them today.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Woohoo! Way to go Fab Fives! We made it already to Thailand!

Maybe we can grab a SUP from SUP Station Thailand and go for a cruise together!
    12501835_655119507960476_227987501_n.jpg
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So....funny story - I went to a taco place today for the food challenge - planned on ordering a Beef Tongue Taco (which I was dreading by the way). Sign on the door said "closed - day without immigrants." I stood there staring at it thinking "what????" - then came home and watched the news. haha - joke's on me - hallelujah didn't have to eat beef tongue! I'm taking that as a sign to move on and figure out something else to satisfy the challenge! Which is HARD when you're willing to eat just about anything! Maybe tofu? Which I've tried over and over thinking "oh THIS will make it taste good" and then it's just blech blech blech every time.
  • ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Did the 2nd 30 min kickboxing video today and took a 7 mile ride on my bike in our abnormally, warm, record setting, temperatures. Beautiful! Got a few things to try for the food challenge.
    Here goes: Dried Persimmons- as far as dried fruit goes- this tasted like citrus plastic. I'm not sure what kind of skin or peel is on them to begin with, but the whole slice was dried and when I ate the center without the edge it was less like a plastic texture. Probably wouldn't buy them again but will likely finish the bag eventually.
    Also bought a very small can of anchovies. SALTY! Little guys pack a ton of sodium in them. Don't know that I will ever order them on a pizza.
    I also bought some parsnips, will try and get them cooked up and eaten before the weekend but at least I earned my points!
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    All Challenges Completed .

CHALLENGE 1. Cardio kickboxing 3x3 finished yesterday
    CHALLENGE 2. Did the foot masage last night
    CHALLENGE 3. posted this on wednesday but still in the red.
  • b3achy
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Okay, I just finished the Kickboxing Video - did the second one thinking it would be easiest...ha, ha, ha, ha...yea right. I crack myself up...

Still working on the foot massages. Did some more today. Hope to get them completed tomorrow.

Way to crush it everyone! I know my minutes are going to be low this week due to the extra work that got added to my schedule because of a new contract. I'm hoping for 500, but I might be doing good to break 400 this week. Sorry.
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Is anyone else having issues accessing the spreadsheet from their phone? I think I may need to delete and redownload google sheets. It was working at first, but then I did an update on February 8 and I don't think it's worked since. I can enter minutes from my computer, but I just don't think to do it as often.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    jschmid2 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Is anyone else having issues accessing the spreadsheet from their phone? I think I may need to delete and redownload google sheets. It was working at first, but then I did an update on February 8 and I don't think it's worked since. I can enter minutes from my computer, but I just don't think to do it as often.

Jeanette, it has been working for me on my iPad and on my Android phone. On my iPad, I'm not on the latest update, so not sure if that is what caused it to stop working for you. I would try the delete/reinstall of Sheets and see if that works. Always feel free to post them on this thread and one of us will get them posted for you as well.

TGIF!! I have a 3-day weekend!! Whoop! :smile:
  • rusgolden
    Options

June... For challenge 3, I think part of it was also to give a sentence about the experience. You might try to add a bit more to your statement.
  • rusgolden
    Options
    Challenge #3... I'm not a big fan of most vegetables, but sweet peas are the worst... and they are my wife's favorite. Anyway, we cooked up a can for dinner tonight and I had about a half a serving.... I should say, I gagged down about 4 spoons. I don't think it's the texture, I just don't like the taste.
  • Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?”
    I did the cardio kickboxing video as my part of my Saturday workout routine. The 'Sumo-Squat to push up' move just about killed me.

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!”
    I absolutely hate the taste of olives. I had them for the first (and last) time several years ago and decided to give them another chance to impress my taste buds...on pizza this time around in an attempt to make it more appetising. I only managed a few bits of a single slice of pizza before I had to stop. It tasted awful. The flavour seemed to spread over the whole pizza and it's so strong. Yuck :s
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    Challenge 3. I had a chestnut and bamboo shoot stir fry last night . something I have never had before and dont think i will be having again it was a sort of dry nutty texture .

• 2016summerfun
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »

June... For challenge 3, I think part of it was also to give a sentence about the experience. You might try to add a bit more to your statement.

Thanks Rus I really can't think of anything else to say about it .