20 Weeks of Strength Building - Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Options

Replies

• DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Mary, congrats on the weight loss. That is awesome. I am finally back into ketosis. Hopefully I can get back on track from here in terms of my diet.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 95
    OHP- 1X5X45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X95/105/115
    New high on my squats since my deload for not hitting parallel last year.

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 13X10X30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay under calories.

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    I love this way of eating! Prepping for a re-feed at the end of the three weeks. Researching information on doing this properly. Plan on staying with this eating style for a few months. A re-feed is supposed to help with building/not losing muscle depending on if you are eating at a deficit or not.

DDHFree- Thanks! Sorry to hear that you caught the flu! Take it easy and get better!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! And glad I can say I haven't missed a strong lift workout yet. Just super busy to post. We decided to buy a house with some land (still working on this) but we are getting our house ready to sell in the meantime. I've been busy painting and cleaning and will be for a while.

My dieting hasn't been on point but I'm still logging what I eat and most days I seem to be able to maintain which is better than going over. My scale is put away while I repaint the bathroom put I plan to weigh in Monday and refocus. My painting should be done by then but I will still be decluttering and cleaning for a while. I still have goals though and don't want to derail all my hard work just to get this house ready. So I'm going to have to figure out and make a plan to #projectdeclutterhomeandbody #keepfocused2017

DD I hope everyone is healthy in your house soon. I have four kids and I think at least one has been home sick every week since Christmas. Nothing major just keep taking turns. At least the weather has been nice :)
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I decided to follow the SL app and deload squats today. I doubt I could have gotten through many sets at 135 from how I felt at 120. I anticipate missing a workout this time next week, so if I can just get through Friday and next Monday, I'll take the day off and not worry about making it up. Body just seems to be a bit more tired lately, and my hip flexors are bothering me a bit (old dance injuries flaring up). I am hypermobile in the hips and shoulders, which I think plays into some of my difficulties with OHP and why I'm feeling the squats so much now. On the plus side, I measured again and have lost .5" in my waist and I think a little in my love handle and booty areas, although I didn't have my old measurements available to check in the moment. I definitely noticed the sports bra I wore today fit better, and I thought I looked a little more smooth/less lumpy in the mirror today. I've been avoiding the scale because it's frustrating to be stuck, but hopefully this means I'm moving again.

Squats (deloaded) 5x5 @ 120. Meh, still felt somewhat heavy but form felt good.
    Seated OHP: 5x5 @ 55. Broke through my wall of being stuck! I'm not sure if doing them seated is cheating, but with heavier squats and DLs, my legs feel like they need a break.
    Deadlifts: 1x5 @ 150. A few more weeks and I'll be DL'ing my body weight!
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Week 8: Day 1

Deadlift
    135lb x 4 x 3
    155lb x 4 x 3

OHP
    55 x 4 x 3
    60 x 4 x 3

Dumbbell Shrug
    30 x 8 x 2

Hammer Curls
    15 x 8 x 1
    20 x 8 x 1

Triceps Extensions
    25 x 8 x 2

Seated Calf Raise
    30lb x 20 x 3

Keep up the awesome work everyone! And welcome, @debrag12!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-26X 10 X 30

Exercise daily and stay at or under calorie goal.

I lost another 1.6 pounds! I love this way of eating! I'm a fat burning machine!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Thanks everyone for well wishes. Awoke this morning and initial thought is that I feel so much better. Got dressed and went downstairs for the workout. I could not even do 1 minute of warm up on my mini trampoline. Being the determined person that I am, I still thought I would try to do my strength training but with lighter weights. Felt horrible the entire time.

Week 8: Workout: 2
    Deadlifts 83 lbs 2 x 6 (deload from 103)
    OHP 33 lbs 3 x 6
    ......... 48 lbs 1 x 2 ( was going for a 1RM rather than lighter weight the entire time but it turned out to be 2 rep max)

This was all that I could do. I also decided to go to work today. I thought I could at least manage to sit on my ball while working at my desk. I normally stand up and work but I knew that was not an option. So far so good on that front.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for well wishes. Awoke this morning and initial thought is that I feel so much better. Got dressed and went downstairs for the workout. I could not even do 1 minute of warm up on my mini trampoline. Being the determined person that I am, I still thought I would try to do my strength training but with lighter weights. Felt horrible the entire time.

Week 8: Workout: 2
    Deadlifts 83 lbs 2 x 6 (deload from 103)
    OHP 33 lbs 3 x 6
    ......... 48 lbs 1 x 2 ( was going for a 1RM rather than lighter weight the entire time but it turned out to be 2 rep max)

This was all that I could do. I also decided to go to work today. I thought I could at least manage to sit on my ball while working at my desk. I normally stand up and work but I knew that was not an option. So far so good on that front.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- I hope you get back to normal soon. Take it easy!
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, DDH! Definitely listen to your body and work back up gradually. You're doing great!

Awesome loss, fanncy! Great job!
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am on the road for the next couple of days so I will do my four week evaluation when I get back on Sunday! Everyone have a great weekend!

Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30

Last 2 days! I am planning on continuing on with this way of eating!

• amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    Squats 5x5 @ 125
    Bench Press 5x5 @ 75. Some real ugly reps in the middle, prob stay here next time too.
    Wretched rows 5x5 @ 85
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30

Last day! I am planning on continuing on with this way of eating! My husband had to stop because he donated one of his kidneys and this way of eating can be hard on people with kidney issues. We have to make sure his lasts a lifetime!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    My 8 Week Results
    Fat Loss
    Initial Weight 146
    Last Reported Weight (Week 4 Results) 138
    Current Weight 136.6
    Current Loss 1.4 lbs
    Total loss 8 lbs

Inches Loss
    None Loss

Body Fat % Loss
    No loss

Strength
    OHP from 39 lbs to 40 lbs (1 lb increase)
    Squats from 68 lbs to 70 lbs (2 lb increase)
    Bench Press from 56 lbs to 53 lbs (3 lb decrease to heal inflammation)
    Deadlift from 100 lbs to 103 lbs (3 lbs increase)

Overall Assessment
    Wow, I had such high expectation for the second 4 weeks. But it all started to go downhill with a little TOM cravings which immediately went into other life issues. I don't want to concentrate on the excuses because I should have been able to at least EAT right when other things were not so good. I took pictures and there are not improvements . So glad this is a 20 week challenge because I basically made no progress during the 2nd 4 weeks. So that's behind me and I am looking forward to the next 4 week results hoping to report a much better status. I am not hoping, I WILL report a much better progress report.

8 weeks down and 12 to go. Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Alright everyone, can't wait to read about your 2nd 4 week progress. I hope you did much better than myself.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-6X5X 30

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay below calories!

Total weight loss for the 3 week challenge = 7.4lbs. Over 2.4 pounds per week! Measurements = 5" loss for the last 4 weeks.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    8 Week Results

SW 158.6
    4 Week Results- 152 loss of 6.6 pounds
    8 Week Results- 142.8 loss of 9.2 pounds
    Total 15.8 pounds

Inches Loss
    4 Week Results- 8.75"
    8 Week Results- 5"
    Total 13.75"

Strength Results
    Since my shoulder acted up at the beginning of February and I had to start over again I have not had any strength increase except for getting back up to my January lift amounts.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Week 8: Day 2

Barbell Squats
    130lb x 4 x 2 sets
    135lb x 4 x 4

Bench Press
    95lb x 4 x 6

Barbell Shrug
    95lb x 8 x 2

Barbell Curls
    45lb x 8 x 2

Skullcrushers
    25lb x 8 x 2

Decline crunches
    20 x 5 sets

Standing Calf Raise
    Bodyweight x 20 x 5
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Results after the first 8 weeks:
    -8 pounds
    -9 inches

OHP from 45 lbs to 60 lbs (+15 lb increase)
    Squats from 110 lbs to 135 lbs (+25)
    Bench Press from 65 lbs to 95 lbs (+30)
    Deadlift from 110 lbs to 155 lbs (+45)

Goals for the next 4 weeks:
    - Move on to hypertrophy-focused training phase
    - Continue HIIT cardio 4x/week
    - Stay dialed in on my diet
    - Focus on improving sleep

Nice job hitting the 8-week mark everyone!
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-28X 10 X 30

Cherrybomb fantastic results!

DDHFree- you did remarkable! Especially with the rough month you had with your children and yourself getting sick!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Mary, 9.2 lbs the 2nd four week results -- that is insanely AWESOME! Huge congrats!
    Cherrybomb, great job on the strength gains. Fantastic!