Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Howdy folks - my name is Cecil. I'm 54, married, 4 kids and 5 grand kids. I spend most of my days parked behind a desk but I also work out 5 days a week and stay active on the weekends (honey-do lists are great for that).

From Friday (since I posted in the wrong place):

SW - 238
    LW - 219.2
    CW - 218.2
    GW - 185 (currently - may change when I see what this feels like).
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Howdy Men,

I am so glad to see some new names on the charts. Another guy started this years ago and then I took it over. Then in 2011, I just created a new group with the same name so that the other guy didn’t keep getting all the notifications in his email.

Anyways, my name is Tim and I’m 52 years old. Married for 32 years and have 2 grown kids. In fact, our 1st grandchild is due in July (Woo Hoo). I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, a little south of Tacoma, WA.

I wasn’t always big. Very active in HS. I played tennis, football, track and racquetball. Joined the Army and continued racquetball. Got out of the Army and continued in the Air National Guard and got hired as a patrol deputy with the Sheriff's dept. I worked the streets for years and was promoted to detective in 2000. By this time, I had gained a bit of weight but nothing major. I quit smoking in 2005 and before the year was out had gained over 60 pounds. In 2005 I also transferred to our sex crimes unit and specialized in child sex crimes and all the nastiness that goes along with it. Continued to also be involved on our homicide and officer involved shootings. Lots of late night or all night shifts with lots of take out and coffee. Sitting behind a desk or sitting in a car. In 2010, the stress of the job and a falling out with a co-worker made me decide to transfer to Internal Affairs. I lost 70 pounds over the next 15-16 months. Then my knees started going out and finally had a knee replacement in 2012 and again gained back most of the weight. Been yo-yo’ing ever since. I still need to have the other replaced at some point but will cross that bridge when it comes.

My hobbies?
    Motorcycles (2005 ZRX 1200 and 1980 CB750F)
    Woodworking
    Racquetball
    Reading

How about you guys???

Today is my 2235th consecutive day on MFP. If I could have just lost 1 ounce a day, it would be over 139 pounds total.

Let’s motivate each other and finally break this stupid cycle once and for all.

Tim
    ps, sorry for being so wordy... :)

• priestp1
    priestp1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Gents!

I am new. I am a Program Manager in IT. I developed my fruit of the loom figure over the years while consulting on the road (eating out / drinking too much). I have been working out regularly for the past 6 years but have yo-yo'ed in my weight. A couple of months ago I reached my heaviest weight and decided to take a more active approach to my diet. My trainer said you can never out train a bad diet. He is right.

My strengths will be meal planning because I like to cook simple food that is tasty :-). I still go out to the pub with my buddies but now account for it much better.

Below are my stats:
    (Starting Weight was December 24th - I weighed 291)

SW - 270
    GW - 200
    LW - 269
    CW - 268
    WT - Weekly Total
    TWL - 2
    DLP - 2/22/17

Please feel free to friend me if you have a Fitbit. My User ID: https://www.fitbit.com/user/26BMTD

Note - I have been battling a hamstring injury the last 3 weeks. I will be back in the competition very soon :)
  • bruk_mike
    bruk_mike Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For some reason most of my first post didn't post (user error I'm sure). I'm 39, married and have two kids. I'm a hazardous waste program coordinator and sit behind a desk most of the time. I live in the Central Florida area and try to hunt and fish when I have some spare time.

So the story is, after lots of eating and drinking this last Christmas I decided it was time to stop drinking. Soon after I went to the Dr and my weight had actually gone down a few pounds from the last visit. This was the boost I needed to get motivated to get on the way to a healthier me.

SW-367 (1/9)
    CW-340.5 (2/29)
    GW-225

Tim, I was stationed at Ft Lewis years ago and my wife is from Puyallup.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Love that we have new folks joining this site. Can't tell you how much this personally motivates me to try just a little harder than I might have otherwise. I want to give a big welcome to the new guys. Glad to have you aboard!!

Mike, small world isn't it. I came to Washington by getting stationed here back in 84 (originally from Texas). Other than a stint in Korea, I've been here ever since. I'm actually just south of Puyallup near Graham.

Congrats on the weight loss so far. 26 pounds in less than 2 months, WOW!!! You and I are close. If I don't watch it, you are going to fly by me.
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - looking to connect with other guys I can relate to who are looking to lose some weight and share mutual accountability and support!

I'm 54, 231, living in Pacifica CA (near San Francisco). A Silicon Valley sales/bus dev guy. I've been on MFP for about four years ago now - Jan of 2013, I think, and over my first 18 months I lost 40 pounds! From 265 to 225. Then I slowly crept up to about 240, corrected and dropped back down, and I've been around 230 +/- 5 for the past year and a half. So while I consider myself a bit of a success story - down 35 from where I started, and mostly "kept if off" and comfortable in size 38 pants from the 42's or even 44's I was wearing! I *was* FAT, and now I'm just "heavy / moderately overweight). And I've increased my fitness, because I've put on a fair amount of muscle and improved my running / biking cardio a lot. This morning I hit a "middle-aged PR" getting 225 on the benchpress! Yeah, baby!

Now - I'm committed to my long held goal of getting my weight under 200 and pant size to 34 or less, while keeping my benchpress max at 225 or above, and curls at 115 or above. So back to MFP and commitment and living clean!

Hoping to connect with some new friends here for mutual accountability and support. That really helped last time, and I am looking for it again! And I'll totally support you too!

New SW (this year): 234
    CW: 231
    GW: 199 (by July 4)
    GW: 189 (by Sept 3)

Anyone who wants to be pretty serious about mutual support and accountability, please friend me!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    SW - 238
    LW - 219.2
    CW - 218.2
    GW - 185 (currently - may change when I see what this feels like).

LW -> 218.2
    CW -> 215.1

3.1 lbs this week!!!
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Checking in, sorry I missed last week.

CW = 210.6
    LWW = 208.0
    Gain = 2.6
    Lesson learned - don't eat pizza the night before weighing in.

• tdonlin
    Options
    Thought it would be better, but I'll take it.

LW 335.5
    CW 334.4
    Loss 1.1
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Howdy Men,
    I want to again give a huge welcome to the new guys. Thank you! Without you there would be no Men on a Mission. I've been doing this thread for a long time and there have been quite a few that have come and gone. dbw1976 has been the one that has kept me here with his dedication and commitment. I'm hoping we can all push and motivate each other as the year continues. Here is this week's chart. Sorry Dave, you're in the red this week, but I know you will pop back to the top next week.

Hope everyone has a Great week! Cheers..

sx7aobuyer9u.jpg
  • tonerdaily313
    tonerdaily313 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good work, fellas! My first weigh in comes on Tuesday after the month of whole30 eating and boxing classes. Hoping to see a big number!!
  • tonerdaily313
    Options
    Down that is ;)
  • bruk_mike
    Options
    Thanks again for this group. I believe it will be one more piece of the puzzle that helps in my life change!
  • bruk_mike
    Options
    Good morning Gentlemen,
    I had a great week and hope y'all did too!

SW-367
    LW-340.5
    CW-337

My buddy (whom is great shape) is trying to get me join a Crossfit gym. I'm not sure that I 'm quite ready for that, YET!

PEACE be with you this week!
  • tonerdaily313
    Options
    Eating right and regular workouts paid off! It's just the start but it was just the start I needed.

SW/LW (on 2-1): 305
    CW: 285

Nice job Mike! I'd encourage you to consider joining your buddy at Cross fit. They will modify the routine to challenge you but not kill you. I have to modify most moves at my boxing workout and that's just fine. I'll get there one day to where I can do a sprawl or burpee but it ain't today!!
  • marsh1000
    marsh1000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys... New to MFP and found this group. I am 35 married dad of 3 from Indiana.
    I have always been a bit over weight and struggled to ever find a program that I would keep with. A lot of it was motivation and will power to really get into it. This winter I crept up to my heaviest of 220. I was really upset because needed a lot of new clothes. I finally have kept a New Year's resolution and started working out and eating better! I look forward to working with you guys to reach our goals!
    sw- 220
    cw- 200

Josh
  • tonerdaily313
    Options
    Welcome Josh! What is your goal weight?
  • marsh1000
    marsh1000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you...My goal weight is 180.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Gents, my name is Steve. I have been married 16 years and have always been a big guy. At my heaviest, I was 371 and started on here in March 2011 and got down to 297, but am back up again. I had a scare this week and spent a couple of days in the hospital because we could not get my BP under control and they thought I had a heart attack. Luckily I didn't, but they still have not figured out what happened. My guess is stress, poor diet and lack of sleep. I'm going to get this done this time as my wife has MS and I cannot be there for her if I do not take better care of myself.

Monday I entered the hospital at 341 and Today's CW is 333. I started an inflammation juice plan today that is supposed to lower my BP too, so hoping to shed some pounds quickly and some bp points as well.

Tim good to see you are still going strong. What day is check in now?

FYI for everyone; I have BCBS and they have a partnership with a company called Healthways. For $25 a month you buy your gym membership through the insurance partner and it is good at 9500 gyms around the country. Not sure if every insurance company has it, but it is $10 a month cheaper than any of the gyms in my area and there was no sign-up fee, so it's worth checking out. Also if I hit my nutrition and fitness goals with BCBS they'll pay me enough to afford the gym membership, so it's free. (actually when I think about my premiums I guess it really isn't free, but I feel better when I lie to myself. :-) :D )
    Git-R-Done!
  • ccrdragon
    Options

SW - 238
    LW - 215.1
    CW - 214.6
    GW - 185 (currently - may change when I see what this feels like).[/quote]

Only half a pound this week but I will take anything that's not a loss!