Super Shape-Up March 2017: Week 1 (3/1-3/7)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
I wanted to call this challenge the "Spring Shape-Up," but considering Fall is approaching on the other side of the globe, I dropped "Spring." Regardless where you're from, seasons are changing. And it's a great time to change things up in your life.

So let's embark on a Super Shape-Up Challenge.
Shape-up something in your life.
  • Shape-up your strategies with Mindful Eating or improving or picking up new WOE hacks. (Check out our Mindfulness challenge from last year.
  • Shape-up your intake by improving your consistency/compliance with your plan.
  • Shape-up your body by committing to step-up your fitness.
  • Shape-up your health by adopting a more positive health habit (like more sleep, less alcohol, avoiding unnecessary stress, and etc.)

There will be a post in the Sticky section for easy access should the thread get buried on the feed. I'll keep a link at the bottom of that post for each thread.

Feel free to go ahead and post your goals for March here!

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Look at you global thinker! :heart:

I am IN! I am doing this! WOOT!

OK, March...March...

Water (I know it's to thirst, but I am TERRIBLE at this, so I'm going to shoot for 48 oz min. Srs guys...it's bad)
    Log Food
    30G carb limit
    Some kind of physical activity (if I shoot for daily, I might actually hit a few times a week)
    7 hrs of sleep minimum (this one's hard...I get up at 4am for work and don't get home until 6pm)

I am very caffeinated this morning!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Look at you global thinker! :heart:
    <3

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to try to post here daily as a way of keeping on target...my shape up goals for march:
    1- log all food and maintain a deficit, I'm so bad at this on the weekends
    2- weights 4x/week (2 full body, 1 upper, 1 lower)
    3- not more than 1 alcoholic drink per week
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks for creating this challenge!

Shape Up Challenge Goals
    1. Eat between 20–30 g of carbs per day max
    2. Drink 6 to 8 cups of water per day
    3. Lift weights 3 to 4 times per week
    4. Swing kettle bell 6 to 7 times per week
    5. Walk six times per week
    6. Set phone every hour for five hours out of the day to get up and move
    7. Record daily
    8. Lose 6 to 8 pounds

SW 142.8
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Would like to start getting more physical activity in. Have been doing some walks on my lunch hour, but need to up my game from that. Two goals for me this month.

1. Up my physical activity
    2. Try to decrease my stress levels.

I think these two could actually complement each other. Would love to do some yoga with my daughter.
  • swezeytba
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I'm going to leave my phone downstairs at night. :astonished: I have a NASTY habit of dicking around on my phone at night when I wake up. 230am? scrolling facebook. This is not conducive to good sleep hygiene or mental health so, because I cannot be trusted when I'm home, phone charges DOWNSTAIRS at night.

Good for you! Good luck....I know that can be hard, but I think you will be surprised what a good night's sleep will do for you!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @swezeytba we make all the kids leave their electronics down stairs at night and our reason is "better sleep and no temptation." So maybe, as a parent I should take the advice I give my kids and follow my own rules. :wink:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    @swezeytba we make all the kids leave their electronics down stairs at night and our reason is "better sleep and no temptation." So maybe, as a parent I should take the advice I give my kids and follow my own rules. :wink:

If I followed all the things I make my kids do I'd be a happier, healthier person. I'm a better mom than human! :lol:
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    1. Keep carbs under 40g/day
    2. Water. I will drink it. 1.5l/day. Surely it can't be that hard?!
    3. Stop sitting on my *kitten* - minimum 30 mins activity 2 evenings per week and up every hour at work.

After the excitement and upheaval of last month I think I'm going to keep it simple for March
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    1. Finish Top 3 in our Biggest Loser Contest at work (currently #5)
    2. Begin Weight Training after Contest is over
    3. 2 lbs per week weight loss until Ideal Weight obtained (27#'s to go!)
  • geekgirl127
    geekgirl127 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goals are to stay under 30 net gram of carbs per day and under 2000 calories unless I excercise and those are added to calories (no carb increases)

Get some sort of physical activity every day, 2 days a week it can be a light walk only, 2 more days some form of more intense cardio and 3 days strength training and an intense cardio. On top of this I want to do 1-2 yoga classes a week.

And I want to lose 8-10 lbs during the month of March
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My goals are to stay under 30 net gram of carbs per day and under 2000 calories unless I excercise and those are added to calories (no carb increases)

Get some sort of physical activity every day, 2 days a week it can be a light walk only, 2 more days some form of more intense cardio and 3 days strength training and an intense cardio. On top of this I want to do 1-2 yoga classes a week.

And I want to lose 8-10 lbs during the month of March

You can do this! You set realistic goals and thats what this is all about! GLTY.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

If I followed all the things I make my kids do I'd be a happier, healthier person. I'm a better mom than human! :lol:

OMG. YES. lol
  • swezeytba
    Options

@mmultanen - It's a good rule. We recently started that with our daughter when I reviewed some of her texts and realized she was sometimes texting (with a certain boy go figure) at midnight. We also started having her leave her phone at home during the day to keep the distractions away at school and wouldn't you know it . Better sleep and better grades.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @mmultanen I'm with you! I can't leave my phone elsewhere at night, given that it's my alarm. But I should definitely stop putzing around with it until the moment I fall asleep. I'm not that popular anyway :) Great goal that I'm copying. No more phone after 8pm

I want to do a squat/lung challenge I saw online where you start off doing 10 squats/lunges and then add 5 more everyday. I want to also look up some exercises incorporating hand weights and exercise bands.

Logging my food everyday...even if I slip up. To be accountable for what I'm putting in my body.

And then just carrying over the rest from February, as far as eating slower and keeping daily total carbs below 50g. I am going to try to use the scale as little as possible, and no more than 1 weigh in a week.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would like to step up my fitness goals.
    Steps 42000 per week
    Sit ups 200 per week
    Indoor bike 90 minutes per week
    By the end of the month do a 2 minute plank, not sure if that one is achievable.
    And keep within calories and drinking goals.

Not much lol
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Ok the Feb sprint got be back in the right direction after some slacking. So for March I will challenge myself to the following:

1) Daily spoonful of coconut oil (BPC was hard-hubby kept using & not cleaning the Ninja)
    2) Daily 30 minutes of activity
    3) Daily vitamins (even weekends)
    4) Daily plank
    5) Add strength training back in once a week

@tcunbeliever I need to post here daily as well, including weekends.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I will commit to being better about logging. I have not done as well with keto as with regular calorie counting.