Super Shape-Up March 2017: Week 1 (3/1-3/7)

Options

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm already pretty happy with my carb level, calories, and cardio. What I'm lacking is strength training. That's my challenge for March.

My goal is to do at least 3 strength sessions per week.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    30 minutes daily assorted activity.
    report daily when I log in food.
    More is better, but no rollovers.lol.
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I want to just stick w/keto and not go off when I have a carb/sugar craving or its the weekend. I am yo-yo-ing and am sick of it.
    SW - 196
    CW 130.5
    GW - 115
    I'm 5'4 and 54 y/o female
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I just started a beach body program yesterday. Im already feeling the burn. Here's to sticking with it! It's 6 days a week so I'm intimidated but dedicated to a 90 day program.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    'Back on the wagon' time lol.
    * Get all my 8 glasses of water in.
    * Do not eat after midnight (I'm on night shift til 4:30 am) or before 2 pm (IFing).
    * NO MORE CANDY EVEN IF THEY GIVE IT AWAY FREE!! Damn post holiday sales!
    "Maintainer March"
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm back from vacation. "only' a 3 pound gain. Sigh.
    Had a great time, ate, hiked, walked, ate again drove and ate again.
    New Month and new start. Hopefully, the weather will start getting warm again and the days longer soon so I can get out and move more this month. Being more mindful helped me last year. I am ready again.
    SW: 173
    GW: 163 for March.
  • geekgirl127
    geekgirl127 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    mmultanen wrote: »
    @swezeytba we make all the kids leave their electronics down stairs at night and our reason is "better sleep and no temptation." So maybe, as a parent I should take the advice I give my kids and follow my own rules. :wink:

If I followed all the things I make my kids do I'd be a happier, healthier person. I'm a better mom than human! :lol:

This cracks me up because it is so true for me too.
  • geekgirl127
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    @mmultanen I'm with you! I can't leave my phone elsewhere at night, given that it's my alarm. But I should definitely stop putzing around with it until the moment I fall asleep. I'm not that popular anyway :) Great goal that I'm copying. No more phone after 8pm

I want to do a squat/lung challenge I saw online where you start off doing 10 squats/lunges and then add 5 more everyday. I want to also look up some exercises incorporating hand weights and exercise bands.

Logging my food everyday...even if I slip up. To be accountable for what I'm putting in my body.

And then just carrying over the rest from February, as far as eating slower and keeping daily total carbs below 50g. I am going to try to use the scale as little as possible, and no more than 1 weigh in a week.

Where is the squat lunge challenge, adding in small amounts of strength training and toning has made such a huge difference in how I feel:)
  • geekgirl127
    Options
    So day one of March and I'm off to a good start... Today was definatelly my intense day as far as work outs go... I did 30 minutes on the treadmill at 2 min intervals, 2 minutes running than 2 minutes walking. Followed that up with my Strength workout and followed that up with 30 minutes on the stationary bike. I burned 400 plus calories in my workouts I'm pretty happy!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I find these monthly challenges help me maintain. So for March not much is changing goal wise:

Maintain my weight -/+ 5 lb
    Carbs below 50 net
    Outdoor walking or jogging at least once a week
    Finishing up Chalean Extreme
    Collagen for joints/skin
    Spring clean-up of the house

Bonus goal: trying for 1-2 morning workouts a week if possible. Not a morning person but I had some success last month.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm counting last night's sleep as part of February still and tonight is my first March night. My youngest had a rough night and I ended up with a 3 hour chunk of sleep and a 1 hour chunk of sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzz...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'll play because keeping active is my "thing". I soooo want to lay on the bed or stretch out in the recliner with a pillow behind my neck. I'll get the whining out of the way 1st. It's not so much the Dystonia but this damn torn rotator cuff from a fall last May. It is WAY better. It just takes time...and focus. I've not given it the focus it needs....

I'll do an 800 minute Mix-It Up March:

Walking (after my blisters earned in February heal)
    7 Minute Workout App (android)
    Stationary Recumbent
    Aerobics
    Yoga
    Pilates
    Basic Body Stretches
    Body Resistance Exercises (which I hate)
    Physical Therapy Resistance Bands :/. Still hooked to my door and staircase. Rarely used.
    PiYo (Thanks for that reminder in another thread)
    Kettlebells- maybe. Depends on the arm. Mine are very light 4 and 8 pounds, I think.

Youtube is my go to. Fitnessblender, JessicaSmith, Blogilates, Missy Cornish (only) Fit For Duty. She's cute and bubbly versus loud, abrasive and demanding. ;)

Will be looking for other activities to try. My eating/foods/macros are AOK.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My March goals:
    * Run 3x/wk (training for race on 4/8)
    * Strength 2x/wk
    * Get weight back to 130-131 (to give me a little buffer to stay in goal range) and maintain.
    * Go to bed by 10:30 at least 5 nights a week.

Keto SW: 150.6
    CW: 133.4
    Goal range: 128-133
    40 y/o 5'7" female
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I haven't done one of these since before Christmas!

I need to commit to a better exercise plan and de-stressing myself. I will start with those two this time! *sticks toes into water gently*
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Day 1!
    45 minutes, moderate pace pond walk
    Yes!
    Hopefully some yoga stretches tonite, but that would be bonus time
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Kicked off my Shape-Up challenge with 15 sets x 10 reps x 16 pounds. If I can do this 3x per week I'll be happy. And hopefully my arms won't feel like noodles by the end of it! :smiley:
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    @mmultanen I'm with you! I can't leave my phone elsewhere at night, given that it's my alarm. But I should definitely stop putzing around with it until the moment I fall asleep. I'm not that popular anyway :) Great goal that I'm copying. No more phone after 8pm

I want to do a squat/lung challenge I saw online where you start off doing 10 squats/lunges and then add 5 more everyday. I want to also look up some exercises incorporating hand weights and exercise bands.

Logging my food everyday...even if I slip up. To be accountable for what I'm putting in my body.

And then just carrying over the rest from February, as far as eating slower and keeping daily total carbs below 50g. I am going to try to use the scale as little as possible, and no more than 1 weigh in a week.

I love the squat/lunge challenge idea!!!!! I'm in!!!