Share Your Original Recipes!

Options

Replies

• Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    pdkxy3ibb8ak.jpg
    Cauliflower cakes..kinda like potatoe cakes (from pinterst)

Cauliflower, boiled then mashed
    1egg
    1 cup shredded cheese
    Salt, pepper,cayenne pepper
    Olive oil

After boiling cauliflower mash with potatoe masher, add egg, cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and mix. Add olive oil to pan, form patties and fry until golden brown. Can be served with sour cream....

That sounds amazing, and may be on my dinner menu this weekend.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken tenders - best recipe I'be found is one I created on accident when I was running low on almond flour. Dredge in egg, and "bread" in a mix of almond flour and hand crushed with a rolling pin or mallet (pretty coarse) slivered almonds. Then fry in oil. As long as you pound your chicken first so it cooks quickly, the nuts won't burn and turn bitter. The larger nut particles in the "breading" make for a great crunch! I'll add a picture I took of mine. ifd6fx2kclle.jpg
    They are really good. A little more work but worth it. My family loves them.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    9lgpwq3ox8ol.jpg

Low Carb Fettuccine w/ Prosciutto

300g zero carb fettuccine noodles (from Myprotein.com in the UK) or similar
    5 pieces prosciutto, diced
    150ml single cream
    30g hard cheese
    Black pepper to taste
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @Lillith32 ... It was pretty good, that was my 1st time making it, next time I'll try adding some different seasonings.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Oops! My photo shows the wrong flavor drops. It should be Apple Pie flavor. But the pumpkin pie is crazy good too!

Caramel Apple Pie yogurt. Just sayin...tyf2wwr9i0o8.jpeg
    4oz is 40 calories, 2.5g carbs.
    I used 2 drops of flavor drops and 1.5 Tbs or so of the caramel syrup. Yum!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Salted caramel butter bites

1 stick unsalted butter
    2 tbsps sugar free torani classic caramel syrup
    2 tbsps granulated splenda
    salt to taste
    Blend

I used a fork to combine the ingredients, it would be faster with a mixer though. Let the butter come to room temp but not so soft as to be 'spreadable'. Throw all of it in a bowl and mix away. Pour/spoon into a ziploc baggie to pipe small mounds onto a plate, refrigerate till hard, transfer to storage container in fridge if desired.

This made 15 for me this time, but could be made to yield as many as 64 or as little as 8 depending on how you piped.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    low-carb smoked salmon & avocado maki roll...

25ai7gqfmx1i.jpg

Sushi Nori x2
    Full Fat Soft Cheese (cream cheese) 30g
    Avocado 75g
    Smoked Salmon 50g
    Shredded cucumber/carrots (optional)
    • Spread cream cheese on 1/3 of the nori.
    • Layer smoked salmon and avocado (cucumbers and/or carrots) and roll tightly (use a bamboo mat if you have one).
    • Wet finger and dab the edge of the nori to seal the roll.

Serve with wasabi and tamari (gluten free soy sauce).
  • CJ0821
    CJ0821 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @bluefish86 you just made my day. I have missed sushi, stupid rice! :D
  • CJ0821
    CJ0821 Posts: 51 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I LOVE sour cream chicken enchiladas, as does the fam. So, I had to make it LCHF friendly. I use the Mission Brand Low Carb Tortillas, but you could do this as a casserole if you'd rather.

3 or 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 small cans of diced green chiles
    1to 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
    16 ounces sour cream
    1 T. Butter
    1 cup extra sharp cheddar (or whichever cheese you love)

Boil Chicken until done. Drain, chop by hand or in the ninja/food processor and return to the pot. I add butter, one can green chiles, and a little broth to the chicken and let it simmer a bit. Depending on how moist you want the chicken will depend on how much broth you'd put in. Then I roll the chicken mixture into the tortillas in a glass baking dish...smeared with butter on the bottom of course.

For the sauce: sour cream, remaining broth, and the other can of green chiles into a small pot on medium heat until the sour cream starts to thin out. After its at the consistency you would like, pour it over the enchiladas. Top with cheese.

Bake at 350 until the cheese is all melty and bubbly... I usually make these so I can eat the left overs. I usually only eat 2 of these prepared because those tortillas get high in cals and I am leery of eating them more often than once a week.. if that.

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 8.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 216
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 9 g 13 %
    Saturated Fat 4 g 20 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 56 mg 19 %
    Sodium 219 mg 9 %
    Potassium 149 mg 4 %
    Total Carbohydrate 15 g 5 %
    Dietary Fiber 10 g 40 %

Sugars 2 g
    Protein 17 g 34 %
    Vitamin A 6 %
    Vitamin C 10 %
    Calcium 3 %
    Iron 4 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I made scrambled eggs with cottage cheese rather than milk this morning. 2 large eggs and 30 g cottage cheese. Tried to crush the cottage cheese to a little less chunky before whisking. Worked really well. Nice n light n fluffy. With bacon of course. I am new to this WOE so learning substitutions. Any ideas welcomed.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    EarthAmber wrote: »
    [Edit] Oh lord, sorry the images are enormous.

I came up with this Chili recipe after finding out I'm allergic to tomatoes. Last night I decided to try making a LCHF version of it and I was super happy with the results. I was so excited to have something to share that I kept track as best as I could of the recipe. And obviously the seasoning can be adjusted to your taste.

The best part is pulling it out of the fridge the next day and seeing all the solid fat "grains" in it. All the fat emulsifies really well, which is a big deal to me because I just can't get behind the oil slick foods.

e0ou48rb2uta.jpg
    tzoisodf1epx.jpg

How much weight of veg is in a "kroger frozen pack" ? Some of us live outside the USA
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    YULE LOG.
    Start with recipe at http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22748/choc+ripple+cake

*Surprisingly with a few tweaks I can eat this:
    Substitute biscuits for zero sugar biscuits / cookies (low carb, gluten free, or whatever you are dodging).
    *For a yule log we take each biscuit and add one teaspoon of tia maria to the underside of the biscuit, spread it around then add one teaspoon of coffee that is predissolved in water.
    *Put whipped cream on other (top) side of biscuit.
    Caution: Move quick. If your biscuit is too porous it will collapse so you are looking for a hard cookie to buy rather than a soft one. BTW USA folk: Aussie authors so biscuit is a harder cookie.
    *Place biscuit then repeat so you use the topsides to put a layer of cream between each biscuit.
    *In my family we use plain cream and vanilla plus this year I used a tiny bit of stevia (half teaspoon) for sweetness so my log ends up effectively covered in snow rather than looking chocolate brown like a true fire log.
    *Leave set overnight or at least 4 hours.
    *decorate. We have a soft chocolate in Australia that crumbles into flakey soft long pieces which we place on top. Called "flake" but up to you. I have seen marzipan mushrooms (growing in the cream) and festive holy etc as options. This year I am using scandanavian figures and some dutch haggelslag large chocolate pieces.

Based on scandanavian Christmas tradition of burning a log that has been gifted to you, with friends, celebrated in form of a cake. I am trying to use cookies with chocolate chips this year as that was all I could find. I am none to sure the nice cake texture will work but I cant eat chocolate ripples and I cant get them in Netherlands so thus the substitution.

Incidentally, my sister and I have made this ourselves since I was less than 9 years old and she was 6, so an easy one if you want to get the kids involved. Her junior primary teacher gave out the recipe as part of learning about other cultures. We felt very important and although we couldnt taste the alcohol we still enjoyed making it and were even aĺlowed a little try of the finished cake. Fun!! Quick too.

• NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    YULE LOG.
    Start with recipe at http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22748/choc+ripple+cake

*Surprisingly with a few tweaks I can eat this:
    Substitute biscuits for zero sugar biscuits / cookies (low carb, gluten free, or whatever you are dodging).
    *For a yule log we take each biscuit and add one teaspoon of tia maria to the underside of the biscuit, spread it around then add one teaspoon of coffee that is predissolved in water.
    *Put whipped cream on other (top) side of biscuit.
    Caution: Move quick. If your biscuit is too porous it will collapse so you are looking for a hard cookie to buy rather than a soft one. BTW USA folk: Aussie authors so biscuit is a harder cookie.
    *Place biscuit then repeat so you use the topsides to put a layer of cream between each biscuit.
    *In my family we use plain cream and vanilla plus this year I used a tiny bit of stevia (half teaspoon) for sweetness so my log ends up effectively covered in snow rather than looking chocolate brown like a true fire log.
    *Leave set overnight or at least 4 hours.
    *decorate. We have a soft chocolate in Australia that crumbles into flakey soft long pieces which we place on top. Called "flake" but up to you. I have seen marzipan mushrooms (growing in the cream) and festive holy etc as options. This year I am using scandanavian figures and some dutch haggelslag large chocolate pieces.

Based on scandanavian Christmas tradition of burning a log that has been gifted to you, with friends, celebrated in form of a cake. I am trying to use cookies with chocolate chips this year as that was all I could find. I am none to sure the nice cake texture will work but I cant eat chocolate ripples and I cant get them in Netherlands so thus the substitution.

Incidentally, my sister and I have made this ourselves since I was less than 9 years old and she was 6, so an easy one if you want to get the kids involved. Her junior primary teacher gave out the recipe as part of learning about other cultures. We felt very important and although we couldnt taste the alcohol we still enjoyed making it and were even aĺlowed a little try of the finished cake. Fun!! Quick too.

We have been making this cake in the US. Substitute "Famous Chocolate Wafers" for the AU brand. When I bring it to events, people are surprised at how delicious it is. I am going to have to research whether there are sugarfree wafers here as well.
  • Walshloesch
    Walshloesch Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have these for breakfast most days.:
    three eggs, mixed well in a small bowl
    1/2 container ricotta (i use fat free)
    1/2 cup parmesan
    4oz can of sliced mushroom
    extra cheese, any type, for on top

Mix and bake in cupcake papers at 350 for 20 minutes, three is an ideal breakfast. I remove the papers, and microwave for about a minute. Enjoy. This recipe makes nine, enough for three days. Refridgerate in a zip lock bag when cool.
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This is for when you are craving carby sweets. I make a batch about once a week and I've lost weight eating this.

2 cups heavy cream
    4 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla flavoring
    1/2 tsp almond flavoring (just because I love almond flavoring..but not really necessary)
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg or more sprinkled on top (again just because I love nutmeg)
    A pinch or 2 of salt
    1/2 cup swerve (I use Ideal) or other of your favorite crystal type sweetener - this makes it fairly sweet for me.
    3 Tbs unsweetened shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together until sweetener is dissolved putting in coconut last to allow for easier mixing of wet ingredients. Pour into 5 - 6 oz ramekins. Put ramekins into a 8 x 10 pan, move pan to center rack in oven and fill pan with boiling water to about an inch deep. Put into a preheated oven at 350 for about 50 to 60 min. You know it's done when lightly brown on top and set firm.

Now here is an interesting note. If you eat it still warm it's like light custardy silk on your tongue. But if you let it cool, on the counter then put into the fridge after no longer warm, then chill for 6 to 8 hours, it's like a firm almost cream cheese flan. I love it both ways.

Carbs in entire mixture:
    Cream - 13.2 carbs
    eggs - 2.4
    My flavorings have no carbs
    Nutmeg - 0.5 carbs (0.25g fiber)
    Coconut - 4 (2g fiber)
    Ideal carbs (all from Xylitol) I do not count it in my net carbs

Net carbs per serving 3.37
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Low carb/calorie MUFFIN/PANCAKE PUFF
    4 egg whites
    4 tsp coconut flour
    1 T milk or coconut milk
    2 pinches baking soda
    2 pinches salt
    1/2 teaspoon bacon fat or other way to grease pan

Add ons: I use spinach, fresh thyme, tumeric

or make it sweet!

Mix well together until all combined, smooth and no lumps. Rub bacon fat on small skillet and warmup on low heat. Cook on low until puffy and warm about 10 minutes. Eat immediately! :)

This is adapted from:

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2017/01/25/1-minute-keto-muffins/
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've been making my Low-Carb BBQ sauce for several weeks now, and figured I'd share it since it's getting to be BBQ season. This came about as I was originally trying to come up with a sort of spicey gravy, but could never get the taste or texture right. So I gave up on the gravy and went for a tangy BBQ sauce instead, and IMHO it's a hit.

As I was originally aiming for gravy, the base of this sauce is home-made bone broth, along with all the pan drippings from roasting. I do a pork roast almost every weekend, and then make broth from the bones. I'm sure this would work just fine with chicken or beef bone broth. You can use store-bought broth as well; I have when I had boneless roasts, but the canned broth isn't anywhere near as good as home-made.

~4 cups of homemade bone broth
    3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
    1 small tin (10 oz) tomato paste
    2 fl oz Franks hot sauce (or to taste)
    1 oz butter
    1 tbsp liquid smoke
    1 tsp minced dehydrated onion
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
    10 drops liquid Stevia (or to taste)

Throw everything except the butter into a big pot, bring it to a boil, then reduce heat and let it bubble for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. I leave a lid on the pot but offset a bit so the steam can escape. The idea is to cook it down.

When it's nearly done, drop the butter in and stir it in as it melts. Allegedly this can help thicken it, and it adds some richness to the taste. (Probably optional.)

You'll know when it's done as it will have lost almost half its volume, it'll stick to the spoon, and will look and smell like BBQ sauce! :smile:

If you're using the homemade bone broth, you do not need any thickener. Between the tomato paste, the boiling, and the collagen and whatever else you get out of the bones, this will thicken up just fine. In fact once you refrigerate it, it can end up a bit too thick, but you can thin it with water or canned broth.

If you use canned broth as a base, I find it doesn't thicken as nicely, so use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of Xanthan gum.

I usually get over a pint, around 18 or 20 fl oz, out of a little over 4 cups worth of combined ingredients at the start.

According to the MFP recipe calculator, dividing into six 3 fl oz portions, each portion has: 69 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated, 1g monounsaturated), 516mg sodium, 2g net carbs (5g total, 3g fiber), and 2g protein. These are *big* portions, considering most BBQ sauce you buy lists a portion as 1 or 2 tablespoons. If you use this as sparingly, the carbs and calories will be almost negligible.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to edit that, but I made a mistake on the tomato paste. It's 10 tbsp not 10 oz. Its the tiny little can they come in.
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This is hardly a recipe but when I was having Keto flu side effects and they recommend beef stock. I didn't like the taste of that so I added a tbsp of unsalted butter. Soooooo good! I drink it now for a treat. Sounds weird but it really good!!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    No, I agree - a dollop of fat (be it butter or cream) just takes that sharp salty edge off and raises the umami to a delicious level!