March 2017 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• imadiva32
    imadiva32 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel so good to be back! Been away for a long time. Put me down for 30 miles :-)
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Hello March! I'm on the board with a 3 mile walk this morning. Very humid here so I'm taking a few days off from running.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Flying out of the starting gate with a big 1 mile.

Ticker won't let me update even though it shows up on their site. It's 1/35 so far.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,319 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@VCAD78 - And I'll say the same thing to you that I said to @SANDYT151....Welcome to the group! We're a friendly and helpful bunch so if you have any questions, feel free to ask! There are also a couple of helpful FAQ documents on the group's home page too. Please make sure to check in frequently with updates to your progress with your miles. We look forward to seeing you make your goal! :star:

@BELLE_60 - Absolutely count those miles too! :) Don't overestimate your goal so that you end up hating it. Start with how far you think you might ride each time and how many days a week you might ride on average and add that to any other moving (walking, running, outdoor biking, etc) you might do. Keep it achievable and if you blow past it, you can either raise it this month or wait and raise it for next month when you have a better idea how many miles you want to do.

@IMADIVA32 - Welcome and great to see you back again!! We missed you!! :smile:

Dave
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dave for your spot on advice.. I never thought of counting both! :)

BBL with a goal.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,810 Member
    Options
    3/01
    30.22 miles
    30.22 miles MTD
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

March : 125 m running, purposeful walking

1st: 4.69 miles, 1.5 TM miles, 3.19 purposeful walking, Pilates and Strength Training - MTD 4.69

@Vcad78 and @sandyt151 - welcome to the group .... we're a nice bunch.

@BeLLe_60 - you'll have fun mixing in cycling with all your other miles .... good luck

@clepant - loving the financial incentive ... a splurge at the end of the month or at the end of several??
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I've just popped back to last month and found your lovely words @JTH11706

I'm old enough, and may have acquired some wisdom too, to not worry too much about being super speedy. Don't get me wrong, a good time fills me with joy. But I run with younger women and their pursuit of PB's sometimes takes the edge off their runs. Instead of celebrating a successful run, they beat themselves up for not being faster, not doing a sub 10 min miles, where they finish relative to others. Consequently, they 'lose' their nerve in races ... never running as well as they do on club nights. They put toooo much pressure on themselves.

@kar328 - I do have to keep reminding myself that the joy is in the run, and as Janet said, completing it without injury. You'll be amazing in your April and May races ... just remember to enjoy them.
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Thank you @k80flec.. I am excited to do both!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    @k80flec Thank you.. I am excited to do both!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Please but me down for 200 miles for March. 150 Fitbit? /50 bike? and I might adjust the middle of the month. Thank you!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new folks! It is so nice to have some fresh faces on board. :) Hope you enjoy your time here. The people here are a very supportive group. Also welcome back to former movers. :)
    @k80fec: There are lots of young folks in my running club as well and they get hung up on PR's. I think it gets in the way of all the reasons for running and pretty soon they are not interested in doing it any more. I also have a trail running club and they have a totally different outlook on running from road runners. It is so laid back and they just love getting out and running. They are not hung up on tempo runs, track training, etc. Someone says they ar heading out on a certain run at a certain time and anyone that wants to join them comes no matter what level of experience. We always do a New Year's Eve evening run to end the year. We have a toast and share some of our accomplishments and possible goals for the coming year. I may go back to more trail running for awhile as it may save my joints from all the pavement pounding.

March 1: Adding 11 miles of walking 5 miles and cycling 6 miles
    TTD: 11 miles

exercise.png

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200 miles this month and determined to not slack off!

2.93 miles today.

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    3 miles with my dog & my sons dog. I brought his dog home with me cuz I think my schnauzer was lonesome after losing my other two dogs. He didn't seem to want to go outside much & he wasn't eating as much. He seems "normal" since he has a companion.

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Goal: 250.0 miles

03/01 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Train (hard session, 20 miles @16 mph on the big ring hard gear. 68 cadence)

Total: 20.0 miles

exercise.png

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 130 miles this month :)

And I'm starting off with 3.9 running tonight (I know, I know, my training is by minutes lately not miles, otherwise I couldn't have let the .9 be unrounded :D

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,303 Member
    Options
    03/01 - 9.28 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a fun Thursday!

Chris
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.02 miles today.
    2.02/60 total miles
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Let's start the month off right with 15 miles out of 250.
This discussion has been closed.