March 2017 Challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
Putting this up tonight I have a busy day tomorrow.

Replies

• Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welcome March. Come people lets show them and rock this month away ! I'll be counting my steps, I have 15 more pounds to lose to reach my original goal. Hopefully at least 6-8 of it can disappear this month.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    My challenge is to start losing weight again. I haven't been losing, just a lb. or so since the holidays. But I have gone down two pants sizes, I'm in pants I wore when I was 10 lbs. lighter, about 10 years ago. So I guess I have built some muscles over the last couple of years, since retiring. Makes me want to up my strength training even more.

So my goals:
    Going to be see a drop in my weight, at this point any drop is fine, I'll really watch my net carbs to see this happen.
    Do at least 3 days of strength training sessions that are 1 hr. long.
  • frustr8tedgal
    frustr8tedgal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My challenge for the month of March is to be more consistent with my tracking. I know it's essential to my success!
  • Ming1951
    Options
    March 1, 13,774 steps.
    So thats my challenge this month keep on stepping' and lose more weight. We will do this!! Spring here we come!
  • Ming1951
    Options
    March 2... 12094 steps.

Brr is in the upper 30's this morning two days ago it was 80 degrees. Waiting till it warms up a little before my nose goes out the door.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Same here.. weird weather.

I'm rather discouraged with my exercise routine. I've been going to the gym (inconsistently, to be sure) for awhile now, but some days I just poop out after about 20 minutes.

I don't get it.

That is all.

• Ming1951
    Options
    March 3, Well morning started off cool but my knee decided to remind of why its getting replaced next month so my walking was not... 4601 steps, and only because the dogs had to walk a little. I'm sorry to say today doesn't look much brighter.
    On the other hand getting out to the gym is a plus and 20 minutes of exercise is a plus. Its all better than not trying so keep going. I have my days also, I'm sure we all do but we keep on going like that energizer rabbit albeit at times his battery is running on low. LOL
  • retirehappy
    Options
    CrisEBTrue wrote: »
    Same here.. weird weather.

I'm rather discouraged with my exercise routine. I've been going to the gym (inconsistently, to be sure) for awhile now, but some days I just poop out after about 20 minutes.

I don't get it.

That is all.

Cris, be gentle with yourself. If 20 mins. in your current endurance, just try adding a min. or 5 min. to your workout. If 20 is all that is in your tank for the day, accept it and be done.

I had gotten to where I couldn't do over 30 mins. of zumba, but after giving myself a break, did other things and no zumba for a few weeks, I went back to zumba and could easily do more that time around. Best is best. :)
  • Ming1951
    Options
    March 4...5952 steps.. lightbulb moment....well my knee is really not good, I realized that when I went to doctor in Jan he gave me a shot in the knee and while I still had bad it wasn't so intense and I was beginning to walk a lot..so it was working apparently...It must have worn off today I can barely walk around the house but have started using the cane which seems to take a little pressure off. I may try it later outside to see what I can do. I don't want to just stop walking. So I will try. Now I can't wait to get this surgery over and done with and get back to normal.
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello to all fellow losers!! I have been following WW now for one week, started out going "weigh" over my point limit of 30. Have since calmed down and taken a assessment of my choices, which has helped. My goal is to make it down 7 more pounds prior to my knee replacement on April 11th. :wink:
  • Ming1951
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Wandakc ! good job you will do this. I'm doing nutrisystem I've had a few slips this past mo th but I'm also committed to staying on track. I was walking 2-3 miles this past month until 3 days ago when my knee went bad again. I realized this morning I was probably doing well because of the shot the doctor gave me a few months back I'm now sitting here on recliner icing my knee. My knee surgery is scheduled for 6th of April. Is yours a total too?
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Oh Ladies, all the best with your upcoming surgery. Hope you are back to walking without pain in no time.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    Bad knee pain day couldn't walk at all. :(
    1899 steps....
    Today better but going to take an extra day of rest.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Lots of cold winds here last couple of days, jessicasmithtv to the rescue. I still got in over 10K steps. Getting my groove back.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    March 6, 3996 steps
    March 7.. 6608 steps
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Ming1951, hope you didn't have too much pain with those steps.

I have already hit my 10K, so the rest of today is just "gravy." :)
  • Ming1951
    Options
    I keep moving as much as I can I don't want to stop, lol there are just days I can't at all. Yesterday was a good day for the most part
    March 8th..8913 steps
    Not quite back yet but I felt pretty good around 7 last night, I don't normally walk in the dark but I wanted to try, just going slow the last few day. So I got those steps up some. This morning I have pain but not so bad so I will try again today. But I'm also helping a neighbor with her little one for a few hours so she can do an errand with her older child, so I may just relax . Great your hitting your 10K I hope to be back there soon.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    Yesterday was a great day for me. I got my usual walk in that I've been missing, albeit slow and steady but nevertpe less I did it.
    March 9.... 11,526 steps!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Ming1951 sounds like your knee is better. Great step total for the day. I was over the 11K mark too, went to a state park that has nesting bald eagles, saw a female on her nest and three others flying around hunting. Fun day out with lots of walking. It was high 60s and the wind was just starting to kick up when we got back to our car.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    retirehappy, yes I wore a heavier brace on it and that seems to help a lot. Yesterday I didn't really walk but did various yard jobs and walked the dogs in the early evening. March 10...total
    12064 steps. So another good day. Weather pretty decent today so I am hopeful. I was getting my walk done in a little under abhor now its slightly more but I'll take it.