TEAM FOUR

Replies

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    qdr4cdyc9uiv.jpg
    ALL TEAMS HAD CHALLENGE POINTS THAT WEREN'T COUNTED, DUE TO NOT FOLLOWING THE POSTING INSTRUCTIONS:

TEAM 1: 15points; TEAM 2: 5 points; TEAM 3: 25 points;
    TEAM 4: 10 points; TEAM 5: 5 points; TEAM 6: 5 points

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    really tho.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member

WEEK SEVEN DESTINATION IS UP
    AND RUNNING!
    HAVE FUN MON!
    B)
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    I was up and got a 30 min kettle bell done this morning. Let me tell you the fighting that went on in my head to get me out of bed. I will do it tonight, I will go to the gym, I will workout after work . I got up and did it. I did try to log in last night but I think there was something up with my laptop and couldn't. I said I am writing a book and I worked most of the day on it yesterday. I tell you as soon as you start putting pictures into things it hogs some room. The only reason I say something about this is because of all the pictures I have of all the salads I have eaten over the last 2 months. I tell you I have been eating well and the food looks good. I better check what is in store for us this week
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    @lpeltenburg Hope you have a great vacation!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Gah. We are literally on our way to the San Antonio airport, and I just got an email saying our connecting flight from Denver to SLC has been canceled. They rebooked us on a later flight, but now we have 8 HOURS to kill at the Denver airport. With two kids who are already super overtired. This is gonna be greeeeeaaaat. If anyone knows cool stuff to do at the Denver airport, especially stuff for kids, I am all ears. >.<
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    @carinamenina You can ride the underground train with the kids, it’s free. Concourse B’s mezzanine has a small play area for kids and a toy store, Kazoo & Company. There is lots of shopping at the airport and art to look at. Several different restaurants also. Free Wi-Fi, so maybe they will settle down and watch a movie for you.
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    @darcijojo Thank you so much! We will definitely check things out when we get there. Apparently our flight to Denver is now delayed so we are kickin' it at the San Antonio airport :P Maybe I will take the kids on an exploration walk to get some exercise/active minutes in.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Challenge 3
    I made a "Shrinker" , an oolong tea beverage from Trim Healthy Mama, and added Ginger and nutmeg to it. That made it taste like a Chai tea. Loved it! Sooo Gud Mon!
  • darcijojo
    @carinamenina If you walk the Jeppesen terminal twice it's a mile. :)
  • darcijojo
    @tarpguys That tea sounds yummy. I love chai tea.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    DESTINATION: MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA
    MILELAGE: 4505

PLEASE STAY ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND AWARD YOURSELF SIX MILES/MINUTES:
    “TAKE A TOUR OF JAMAICA WITH US”
    “BUSY SIGNAL - JAMAICA LOVE”

HERE IS ANOTHER YOUTUBE TO HELP YOU ALONG: (4 MINUTES IF YOU STAY ACTIVE)
    “JAMAICAN PATOIS GREETINGS”

LIVE THE EXPERIENCE ! STAY ACTIVE FOR 3 MINUTES:
    “BLUE HOLE”

STAY ACTIVE FOR 2 MINUTES FOR BONUS MINUTES WHILE VIEWING WHAT IT IS LIKE TO CLIMB A WATERFALL !
    “WATERFALL CLIMBING, DUNN’S RIVER FALLS”

CHALLENGE #1: “GET WID DE BEAT” (10 POINTS) REGGAE HAS ITS ROOTS IN JAMAICA.
    Reggae evolved in the late 1960s from Ska and other local variations on Calypso and Rhythm and Blues. It became widely known in the 1970s through the work of Bob Marley and its lyrics are much influenced by Rastafarian ideas.

SO IT IS TIME TO DO A LITTLE REGGAE INSPIRED WORKOUT!

****IN ORDER TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #1****

YOU CAN CHOSE BETWEEN THE TWO VIDEOS BELOW (OR DO BOTH!)

VIDEO #1 IS MORE OF A SWAY AND GROOVE.

I recommend it for those with bad knees, ankles, or similar injuries:
    “Reggae Workout Fitness Zone (20 minutes)”

VIDEO #2 WILL GET YOUR HEARTBEAT RATE UP A BIT MORE:
    “Reggae Dancehall workout by Keaira LaShae” (20 minutes)

***NOTE: THIS CHALLENGE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE VERIFIED BY MISSIONENFORCER***
    ***Ask @hawkins410 for any necessary modifications***
    ***Be sure to count your challenge minutes toward your exercise minutes”

CHALLENGE #2: “TEK IT EASY MON!” (10 POINTS)
    AFTER ALL THAT FUN WE’VE BEEN HAVING HIKING, SWIMMING, RIDING, EXPLORING & DANCING
    IT IS TIME TO RELAX AND STRETCH OUR RECOVERING AND SORE MUSCLES!

****TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2****
    COMPLETE THE VIDEO BELOW ONE TIME (YOU MAY DO IT MORE TIMES AND GET MORE MINUTES!)

“ Recovery Day Routine” with Jessica & Peanut (20 minutes)

CHALLENGE #3: “SPICE DAT UP MON!” (5 POINTS)
    ***NOTE: THIS CHALLENGE WILL NEED TO BE VERIFIED BY MISSIONENFORCER. PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!***

GOATS ARE A VERY COMMON SIGHT ALMOST EVERYWHERE ON THE ISLAND!

MOST OF THEM END UP AS THE MOST COMMON JAMAICAN DISH OF:

“CURRIED GOAT WITH RICE AND PEAS FOUND AT HOME AND IN THE CAFES!

HOWEVER! JAMAICA IS ALSO KNOWN FOR PRODUCING (AND CONSUMING!) SIX DISTINCT SEASONINGS.

THEY ARE:
    1. Scotch Bonnet Pepper
    2. Escallion
    3. Thyme
    4. Pimento
    5. Ginger
    6. Nutmeg

***TO EARN YOUR FIVE POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE*** USE ONE OF THE ABOVE SIX (6) SEASONINGS IN A HEALTHY DISH OR BEVERAGE (DESSERTS DON’T COUNT).

WHEN POSTING:

LABEL "CHALLENGE #3"
    WRITE WHICH SEASONING YOU CHOSE
    WRITE ONE TO TWO SEPARATE SENTENCES DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE EASY PEASY RIGHT!

USE THE FOLLOWING POST AS AN EXAMPLE
    OF HOW TO CLAIM YOUR FIVE POINTS:

CHALLENGE #3
    I made ginger tea.
    I usually have Chai tea, but I have heard that ginger is good for muscular aches and pains so I thought I would give it a try.
    I have had it for two days and so far I can’t tell a difference, but I do like the taste.

BEFORE YOU GO RACING OFF TO HAVE FUN IN THE SUN PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES (COUNT IF ACTIVE) TO WATCH THE FOLLOWING CLIP FROM A DISNEY MOVIE ABOUT THE BOBSLED TEAM:

“COOL RUNNINGS - THE LAST RACE”

0/700 minutes
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

• ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Oh my gosh!! What do we have to do beat team 1?!! You guys are all rocking it! Let's have a great week!
  • lynnbaum
    I can't believe we were that close last week. I was going to get in my car and come home but had to quick get in a 15 first. I feel really bad about last week. It sucks. I got a note about my one challenge still being red. I thought I had it all covered. Darn
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Challenge #3

I used Pimento a.k.a. allspice

I normally use cinnamon with my yogurt and granola, so i figured why not see what the difference would be with a different spice. I may just rotate the two from now on. It was pretty good. I think i will try the nutmeg tomorrow too.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Well it is 5:40 & I went to use the fitness centre in the hotel before another big day of driving.... it is closed until 6:00! I guess coffee will have to do until then. The rest of my family is sleeping but I am just too excited to sleep lately.
  • lynnbaum
    Challenge #3

I used Pimento a.k.a. allspice

I normally use cinnamon with my yogurt and granola, so i figured why not see what the difference would be with a different spice. I may just rotate the two from now on. It was pretty good. I think i will try the nutmeg tomorrow too.

Not allspice. It is the thing in olives. I did buy roasted red peppers. I remember my mom putting a pc on devil eggs to make them pretty.
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    I thought pimentos were the red things in green olives, but thought maybe they were something else in Jamaica!