TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @carinamenina the flu is going around so bad that I went to visit my grandma in the hospital and had my son with me, they wouldn't let him in the hospital! If you're not a patient and under 12 you're not allowed in the hospital
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    What a beautiful weekend here!! It's so much easier to get minutes in with weather like this
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We are only 70 points out of first and could make that up with everyone completing the challenges. I just finished the last foot massage and I only need another 20 minutes for the 700 max. I'll get that when I do my yoga tonight. :)
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Got all my minutes and challenges in. Come on Smashers! Let's knock team 1 out!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!”

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY? RAW Tomatoes

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. I have NEVER liked RAW tomatoes. I can eat all the tomato products but the raw food itself has always been just wrong to me..LOL SO i have tried it a few times over the years and just haven't been able to deal with the texture and flavor. BUT i decided i would try it ONE more time because its one of those things YOU KNOW... THIS time it wasn't so bad. I was able to swallow it and not have to spit it out, so that is MAJOR progress for me.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    OK I have finished all my challenges and I have maxed out my minutes !!!

Everyone is doing an AWESOME job this week. Some of us started off a bit slow but we have all managed to bounce back in time.

COME ON SMASHERS !!!!
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    DESTINATION: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND! MILES: 5019

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS)

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE
    OR
    0/1 VIDEO W/JESSICA & PEANUT DONE
    OR
    0X3/3X3 DONE

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

VIDEO 1 (10 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 2 (6.5 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 3 (3.29 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 4 (4.02 MIN) - 2/2 DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS) DONE

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

MINUTES -

812 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 82
    TUE - 140
    WED - 120
    THU - 106
    FRI - 124
    SAT - 150
    SUN - 90 might get a few more before days end
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    WE GOT THEM BY 15 POINTS !!! We have a HUGE chance of winning this week !!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    SORRY SORRY SORRY Everyone!! Its been hard keeping up with my groups this week with my kids home. Just 1 more week and things go back to normal. I completed my massages today leaving me 15 minutes to max out so I did a nice long stretch!! PHEW I didn't think I would make it but here I am on my computer well past midnight French time updating everything. Here it is!!!
    WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    DESTINATION: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND! MILES: 5019

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS) DONE!!

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 POINTS) DONE!!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

VIDEO 1 (10 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 2 (6.5 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 3 (3.29 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 4 (4.02 MIN) - 2/2 DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS) DONE!!

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY? ASPARAGUS

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. I'VE TRIED THIS SEVERAL TIMES SEVERAL DIFFERENT WAYS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN FOND OF THEM. I TRIED AGAIN BUT THIS TIME PICKLED....YEA NO. STILL NOT MY THING.

MINUTES -

700 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 151 MINUTES
    TUE - 0 MINUTES
    WED - 208 MINUTES
    THU - 0 MINUTES
    FRI - 177 MINUTES
    SAT - 100 MINUTES
    SUN - 64 MINUTES (massages plus 15 minute stretch!!)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Crap! The only way we can beat team one is if all the challenge points get filled and some of those under 700 minutes to get some last minute miles in!! Go! Go! Go!!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    **clarification
    We are currently in first for the week, but second overall
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I got some time in with a great walk
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We are doing awesome this week! Only one blank spot on the challenges and 9 of us maxed out on minutes. A couple more were super close. Way to go, Smashers!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I did also try a form of a veggie lasagna. I made a couple for DH and then one for me. OMG it was really good. I got a local made sauce that was really good. g8x62vt5mrmp.jpg I had to have a great salad with it. zq7ajzlkgf1o.jpg
    30pytoupjk27.jpg I just feel so much better when I eat in terms of nutrition. Then I had to go for a walk. Note. In the veggie one that I made for myself there is only 1 noodle in it. All veggies. Let me tell you that it was really good
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I did it, I did it! I finally had a week where I maxed out on minutes, and with only an hour to spare. Took a lot of walking circles inside my house (which is tiny so that's a lot of circles) but I made it. Feeling good about that. Even hit my step goal today, which is super rare for today because I usually rest completely on Sundays so I average closer to 4-5k steps. But I really wanted to help out the team :) We rock, Smashers!!!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    v2e9u577gtfc.jpg
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Argh!! 5 points!! This is so frustrating!! BUT, you all did an amazing job again. We are always right behind Team 1. I am sure we are causing them all kinds of stress because we are always so close behind. We can still win this Team! Only 70 points from 1st place total so far! We can totally catch up! Lets have a successful week 5!!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

WEEK SIX DESTINATION IS UP AND RUNNING!
    :)<3:)
    DIVERTITI!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    @lynnbaum Should I just send you a message with my address so you can send me some samples? I'd love to be your taste tester, haha! ;) And your fridge = perfection!! Way to prep for a killer week!!