TEAM FOUR

Replies

• aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    @SmashleyM914 Sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. Glad you're feeling better today. I like turkey meatballs, turkey meatloaf, turkey bacon (but not as much as real bacon).

@dawnsch1995 I'm sorry you're sick! A lot of bugs have been going around, and (knock on wood) I've been lucky not to catch anything yet. Hope you're feeling better soon!

@tarpguys I don't like asparagus either. I've tried it several different ways, and still don't like it. Roasted broccoli and cauliflower is the best!

@MonicaA2013 Thanks for your work with the BLC. I can imagine how much time it takes, and I appreciate your hard work.

Hubby got bad news as far as blood test results. He is now diabetic (was pre-diabetic), and some of his other numbers were off. I think we need a major diet change.
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    aim630 wrote: »
    1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Riced Cauliflower

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: The only way I usually like cauliflower is roasted cauliflower, otherwise I really don't like it. I tried Green Giant Riced Cauliflower with Italian Cheese sauce. It was ok, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to eat it again.

I used riced cauliflower in stir fries to beef up the vegetable game- it usually takes on the flavor of whatever im cooking
  • aim630
    @mckeon11 That is a good way to use riced cauliflower. I'll have to try that.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    @aim630 it seems like you guys are starting to figure out a healthy lifestyle, which is great!! I'm sorry about your husbands results, but healthy diet will help him tremendously!!
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    @lynnbaum those were very skinny ones still don't like them! My family all did though, they inhaled it!

@carinamenina my hubby loves it! I really tried it again because I know he likes it. I always make broccoli because that is my favorite and the family all likes it as well.

@mckeon11 I do need to try the cauliflower rice. I even have some in my freezer. I was thinking of maybe putting it in some chicken noodle soup.

@dawnsch1995 I hope you feel better soon! I would highly recommend a quart or two of good girl moonshine!

@aim630 I follow, as I have said before (and you all are probably tired of hearing it) the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan. You might want to look at it for your husband as the whole plan is centered around not spiking your blood sugar. You can look them up at www.trimhealthymama.com. Their books are available on Amazon and I think that is about the cheapest you can get them. I love it and have been following it for 2 1/2 years. No cheat days needed! It really is a plan that you can live on!

@MonicaA2013 You are always a bright spot and I know you will do your very best! I couldn't believe how much colder it was on your side of the river yesterday! I left here without a coat on and got to Columbia Blvd and had to put my coat on and button it and was still cold! It is cold and very wet, gray over here today as well.

@SmashleyM914 I'm hoping your day today was much better than yesterday! Those days happen. I recommend that you try to count the blessings in your life when the down times try to get you. Make a list if you have to so you can just read them. That usually gets me out of my pity party quick.

I was able to do the kick boxing ab workout yesterday and did the first reflexology video today on both feet. With that and my regular workout I have gotten my 100 minutes in! I may even be able to max out my minutes this week if I keep this up!

• tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    @ddeliciosa Craparagus! Exactly! :p
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    I'LL BE UPDATING THE WEIGHT-LOSS LEADER SHEET TOMORROW EVENING (THURSDAY).
    BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT, IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THE CHALLENGE!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Okay just updated the spreadsheet and we are in second place, today I plan on doing all of the videos as well as a workout at home so that should get me over 100 minutes today.

WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    DESTINATION: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND! MILES: 5019

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS)

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0X3/3X3 DONE

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

VIDEO 1 (10 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 2 (6.5 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 3 (3.29 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 4 (4.02 MIN) - 0/2 DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

MINUTES -

254 minutes / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 75 minutes
    TUE -85 minutes
    WED - 94 minutes
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

• aim630
    @tarpguys I will look into the Trim Healthy Mama plan. I think I follow it on Facebook, and I've seen some posts that look good, but I haven't tried anything yet. He also found out he has kidney and thyroid problems so we really need to work on eating healthier.

Finally lost .5 lb. I worked really hard to lose that .5 lb! This might sound stupid, but I've been doing the Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies videos on YouTube. I am totally uncoordinated, so I can't figure out the footwork to some other videos, but his are easier to follow and I do really work up a sweat. The outfits they wear are crazy though (80's). Some of them are working out in denim shorts! I had to be to work early today, so didn't work out this morning, but I will have time tonight. This weekend is supposed to be really warm, so I should able to get outside and walk.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    mckeon11 wrote: »
    1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Black Beans

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: So, I have never really cared for any sort of bean (its the texture) so I tried these in a heaping spoonful (they were cooked with lime juice and tequila for heavens sake) and I still am not a fan! BUT at least I gave them a go!

My sister also hated the texture of beans. She makes chili and puts the beans in the food processor so she gets the nutrition but not that bean thing
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Good morning all!

Day 3 with the electricians at our house. Today should be the final day & the plumbers will be here tomorrow. This is a small laundry room/powder room, that we are renovating, but sure does require lots of stuff!!! We hadn't anticipated changing our electric panel, which doubled our budget, but once the renovations are done we won't have to touch anything in this room for a long time. With these guys in my house it is really hard to do any videos or massage my feet. I will get it done by Sunday though :)

I got to the gym before DH had to go to work this morning. I did 150 kettle bell swings & 20 minutes on the step climber & another 20 minutes on the treadmill before my headphones died.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    ddeliciosa wrote: »

@mari_moulin giiiiirl you almost gave me a heart attack with the 5th place announcement. I was on the mobile app and then I saw your post and did an outloud "WHAT?!" then scrambled to get my laptop. Looks like we are back in to 2nd though, phew.

Sorry, I also freaked out when I saw it. It was the first time I saw us so down the list lol.
  • lynnbaum
    I have to report that a couple of weeks ago I tried figs for the first time. For those of you that eat them all the time this may sound funny but for those of you that have never had figs they are really good. Pretty sweet. I am writing a book about eating and tracking what happens when you make changes in your life. Well one thing I can report is that you really lose that taste for sugar, candy and can you believe I am saying this but also ice cream. I never thought this would happen. I could down half of a 1.5 with no problem. Truth be told get rid of the word half if no one knew. Closet eater.
  • lynnbaum
    I am off to the gym tonight. I need to step it up. I wanted to skip the weigh in weeks that I went up but then the chart didn't calculate correctly so I but the bullet and fest up to my hard time in the last 2 weeks. It is getting warmer here so that is good. I am loving this week with the kickboxing. Had a meeting last night. I woke up this morning and got some time in this morning. I see I need to kick it up. I better check to see if there is a good class tonight. Nothing like a good class to get 60 in fast.
  • lynnbaum
    I have a couple of personal goals. 1st is to get back on that fat loss leader board. Next is to kick up the workout min. to make it a habit. So I am sitting here doing accounting and thinking. OOOH donuts I could eat something. What does this really mean?? I ate lunch so I am not hungry bit there is room in my stomach that I could tuck some more food into. It has nothing to do with hunger. Goal is to eat food when I need food not when I could eat. I am from an Italian family, I could always eat something. My goal is to learn and act on the difference