TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Really excited about the kickboxing!! Not really looking forward to challenge 3 although i have plenty to choose from. Guess I can get something with pork or seafood other than fish. Hate both categories with a passion. Wonder how it would look to go to the buffet across the street from work and have 1 shrimp? :s
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @plainanjelik I hate any kind of seafood, including fish! I think that is what I will try this week. I've been wanting to try mild fish, but haven't got the nerve up. That would be funny if you just ordered one shrimp!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Come on, Smashers! We are totally capable of beating team 1! They're getting a bigger lead on us, and we need to keep it moving! Remember, if it ends in a tie, the team that has won the most weeks overall takes the prize so we don't want them to keep winning!
    Team 5 is definitely closing in on us, too!

I was able to squeeze in a walk yesterday and was so excited that I maxed the minutes out! I really had a hard time with it, but I did what I had to do to get it done! Excited for this week, I may do all of the kickboxing videos just cuz they look fun. I'm not too thrilled about the "try something new" challenge. I'll find something, maybe I'll explore a new fruit or something that I don't have to cook. That way I don't waste time cooking something I won't like.
    Actually, I've been wanting to try cacao nibs but have been terrified. Maybe I'll throw some into one of my yogurts this week.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Glad to see others are getting frustrated with always being 2nd also.
    @SmashleyM914 I was thinking about doing all the videos also. Figured it would switch things up for the week and give me my minutes.
    No idea what I'm going to try for the week. I also thought about a weird fruit. I'm also not a fan of fish, so I guess I could use that for a dinner.
    I've already got 85mins in for the day. I went around my neighborhood am extra time this morning.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    HI all.

I am starting a kinda new weight lifting program this week. It is the ketogains 5x5 which is very similar to strong lifts, but adds some different exercises, & works biceps & trios which I haven't done for years. I also spent 4 hours shopping with DH, walking & walking & wailing.. My feet are sore. We had to buy lighting for some renos that are starting tomorrow..

I am going to reAlly try to max out on minutes this week. Hopefully my body will allow it.

For the try something you don't like challenge I purchased pork rinds, I was going to gave salmon or liver, but realized that I had tried tried pork rinds for a second time hoping the result would be better... . People who eat a ketogenic diet swear they are awesome. I bought a bag last week & hated them. I saw a different brand, hoping for a different result, but NOPE! They are awful! They smell like dog treats... BLECH!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Not sure I followed the proper format for challenge 3, so doing it in separate post.

1. Pork rinds
    2. They still taste horrible. I had hoped a different brand would taste better, but it did not!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Gah, we were so close. I'm going to do my best to get close to maxing out minutes this week. And the challenges don't look too bad! Shouldn't be too hard. I did 5 miles on the treadmill on my lunch break and now I'm a sweaty mess. Gotta get it in though because my half is two weeks from Saturday.

Hmmmm, what do I want to try for challenge #3? Maybe a new veggie or fruit. I've heard good things about jicama. Maybe pomegranate? I've had pomegranate juice and yogurt but never the actual fruit. I need to browse the produce section at the store and figure something out.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    WOW what to do !!! We have all come so close and fall just short each week. BUT we will never give up. TRY and TRY again !!

SO the challenge this week looks FUN and RISKY that could be a good combination for some of us..LOL I will need to think about what i will eat. I am often trying to change my tastes with things so I don't know. Not to sure about the whole kickboxing thing for me. I need to look them over and see whats gonna work for me. I will be working the minutes again this week. Come hell or high water i will max out again !! OH and I am looking forward to the foot massages !!!!!

WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    DESTINATION: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND! MILES: 5019

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS)

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0X3/3X3 DONE

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

VIDEO 1 (10 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 2 (6.5 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 3 (3.29 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 4 (4.02 MIN) - 0/2 DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

MINUTES -

0 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON -
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    @carinamenina pomegranate is an awesome idea! I'm the same, I love the juice or when I have a Pom flavored something or another, but never the actual fruit because I don't know how to cut/eat it and I'm intimidated by stuff like that lol. I think YouTube is calling my name!!

@lpeltenburg I'm excited for your new workout plan! Don't get me wrong, I love to just wing it at the gym but I like when I have a plan telling me what to do. I feel it's more effective, and it's like having a personal trainer. My first week of my Lauren Gleisberg plan was awesome! And it had me out of my comfort zone at the gym which is good, too. It's important to keep those muscles guessing and not always doing the same stuff. Plus I saw a great loss last week which is also very motivating!!

• darcijojo
    Options
    @carinamenina I LOVE jicama and pomegranates. I don't like the crunch part of the seeds, but I just spit that part out. Two very good choices to try.

@SmashleyM914 If you cut the pomegranate and soak it in water it's easier to peel the seeds out.

While getting my haircut today, I figured out that I've always wanted to try the Mexican dessert that's fruit with chili on it. I've never been brave enough, so I guess this is the week. We even have a place in town that does it. :smile:
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

MINUTES -

141 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 141 MINUTES
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    @plainanjelik hahaha, going to the buffet for one piece of shrimp?! That picture in my head had me laughing. :lol:
    I can't believe some of y'all don't like the chicken of the sea. @aim630 I think the key to fish is getting really fresh meat. It's supposed to smell like the ocean, not like that off-putting bad fish smell. I actually prefer raw fish over cooked too, it's not as overpowering. Maybe try sushi?

For Challenge 3, I actually just bought some tofu. I've never cooked tofu and I don't consume it often, so I think this will be a different experience for me!

Anyway, I'm happy we're going to Thailand! Thai cuisine is my absolute favorite, I actually took a cooking class once and learned how to make a few classic dishes.

Annnnd, elephants are my fav :heart: hu44awwm4sa4.jpeg
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Okay so I managed to get my max minutes in last week and will try and do it again this week but will not be able to get to the gym this week u til at least Friday. My daughter is home from school with a concussion for at least the next three days so all work outs will have to be done at home.

So for the third challenge I think I will try kale again. It is not one of my favourite vegetables but figure I can try a new way of cooking it this week.

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING

1. WHAT YOU TRIED

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

MINUTES -

75 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 75 minutes
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

• mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Black Beans

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: So, I have never really cared for any sort of bean (its the texture) so I tried these in a heaping spoonful (they were cooked with lime juice and tequila for heavens sake) and I still am not a fan! BUT at least I gave them a go!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    mckeon11 wrote: »
    1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Black Beans

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: So, I have never really cared for any sort of bean (its the texture) so I tried these in a heaping spoonful (they were cooked with lime juice and tequila for heavens sake) and I still am not a fan! BUT at least I gave them a go!

@mckeon11 I'm not a fan of beans either, I kind of force myself to eat them because they're good for you - and I die a little bit inside every time I do lol
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies
    I got to yoga last night. and did a 30 min kick boxing video this morning.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    You are all starting off wonderfully !! Lets keep up the momentum everyone !!!

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

1/2 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE
    OR
    0/1 VIDEO W/JESSICA & PEANUT DONE
    OR
    0X3/3X3 DONE

1. WHAT YOU TRIED

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

MINUTES -

82 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 82
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

"TOM" finally showed up last night. :s Now i just need to get through the week and i can get myself back to "normal".
    Our blustery winds are supposed to subside soon. THAT will be a BIG help for me as far as getting my minutes in. I might just need to put something around my face so i can get out there anyway.
  • darcijojo
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I did the kickboxing video this morning. Then I did the dance ones just to see what they were. :) I still plan on doing the one with Peanut sometime this week also. I've done some of her other videos and liked them. I need to work on my grad school application now. It's due tomorrow and I'm not done yet. I'm a great procrastinator. :/