TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @ShansGotGoals has logged her M-W minutes but still nothing from @lynnbaum . I just added the rest of my minutes for today and we are sitting about 100 points down from first place.

We have reached our destination already with a little extra !!!

I will be going WELL over my 700 minutes this week with 3 days left, YYYEEEAAAA !!

Hope to see everyone else log in before the end, would LOVE to take first this week !!

LETS GO SMASHERS !!!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

Monday - 450 stairs
    Tuesday - 220 stairs
    Wednesday - 157 stairs
    Thursday - 427 stairs
    1254 stairs/1332 stairs

• tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry all, I kind of let us all down today. I did my first 15 minutes of stretching this morning but then we got some sad news. Our youngest daughter is miscarrying their baby that was due in July. I spent most of the morning trying to get her into see a doctor and then most of the afternoon with her there while her husband watched their two boys. I will try to do better tomorrow.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @tarpguys I am so very sorry for your family's loss :'( Take the time you need, love.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    tarpguys wrote: »
    Sorry all, I kind of let us all down today. I did my first 15 minutes of stretching this morning but then we got some sad news. Our youngest daughter is miscarrying their baby that was due in July. I spent most of the morning trying to get her into see a doctor and then most of the afternoon with her there while her husband watched their two boys. I will try to do better tomorrow.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers to your daughter.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    WEEK THREE: RACING FOR THE GOLD!
    DESTINATION: THE GOLD COAST OF AUSTRALIA! MILES: 5991

FIRST WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS (STAY ACTIVE AND COUNT THE MINUTES!) TOTAL 13 MIN
    VIDEO 1 - BRIDGE CLIMB (1:30) DONE!
    VIDEO 2 - CLIMBING SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE (3:15) DONE!
    VIDEO 3 - GOLF COAST/AUSTRALIA TRAVEL GUIDE (4:50) DONE!
    VIDEO 4 - NEW GOLD COAST TOURISM (3:15) DONE!

CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (10 POINTS)

THE BRIDGE CLIMB IS ONLY 1332 STAIRS! YOU MAY COUNT UP AND DOWN! :) YOU MAY USE A STAIRMASTER! ONE FLOOR/FLIGHT = 12 STEPS/STAIRS.

960 STAIRS / 1332 STAIRS DONE!

MON - 150 STAIRS
    TUE - 270 STAIRS
    WED - 270 STAIRS
    THU - 270 STAIRS
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!” (10 POINTS)

COMPLETE THE FITNESS BLENDER BEGINNER BALANCE EXERCISES TWICE (2X). THIS SHOULD TAKE ~30 MINUTES.

2X/2X DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!” (5 POINTS)

SIMPLY STAY BELOW OR AT YOUR NET CALORIE GOAL FOR 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS!

4/7 DAYS DONE!

MINUTES -

613 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 155 MIN
    TUE - 140 MIN
    WED - 102 MIN
    THU - 216 MIN
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @tarpguys I'm so sorry. My prayers to you and your family.

@carinamenina -Wow, you don't even look like the same person. Great job!

I got in 80 minutes yesterday, but only had 6 flights of stairs, so I need to catch up. Yesterday was the 7th year anniversary of my daughter passing away from complications from H1N1/pneumonia, so kind of a rough day. The exercising helped keep my mind off of it a little though. Today I have to go to a funeral for a family friend, so a rough week in general.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    @tarpguys Your family comes first no need to apologize ! I am so sorry to hear of such sad news I know how you were all looking forward to the new little one. My hear goes out to each and everyone of you. (been there myself i know the pain) :'(

@carinamenina HOLY SMOKES WHAT A TRANSFORMATION !! Be proud of what you have accomplished my dear !

FIRST WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS (STAY ACTIVE AND COUNT THE MINUTES!) TOTAL 13 MIN
    VIDEO 1 - BRIDGE CLIMB (1:30) DONE
    VIDEO 2 - CLIMBING SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE (3:15) DONE
    VIDEO 3 - GOLF COAST/AUSTRALIA TRAVEL GUIDE (4:50) DONE
    VIDEO 4 - NEW GOLD COAST TOURISM (3:15) DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (10 POINTS)

THE BRIDGE CLIMB IS ONLY 1332 STAIRS! YOU MAY COUNT UP AND DOWN! :) YOU MAY USE A STAIRMASTER! ONE FLOOR/FLIGHT = 12 STEPS/STAIRS.

1678 STAIRS/1332 STAIRS DONE!

MON - 0- gotta get step'n !
    TUE - 62
    WED - 216
    THU - 1400
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!” (10 POINTS)

COMPLETE THE FITNESS BLENDER BEGINNER BALANCE EXERCISES TWICE (2X). THIS SHOULD TAKE ~30 MINUTES.

2X/2X DONE!
    My balance on the ball is atrocious..LOL

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!” (5 POINTS)

SIMPLY STAY BELOW OR AT YOUR NET CALORIE GOAL FOR 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS!

4/7 DAYS DONE!

MINUTES - need 100+ per day to reach the limit of 700

MON - 121
    TUE - 140
    WED - 115
    THU - 188
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

All i need to do is stay under calories one more day and i got this week in the bag. The remainder of my minutes is gonna be easy peasy too.

WELL DONE SMASHERS !!!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    There is nothing I can really say about this week. I had to do a presentation for my history seekers. It went well but it is a ton of but time. I say this only because it makes me really understand how much work goes into these challenges. I got to the gym last night and up this morning to get the videos done. I got 900 of those stairs done on the stairmaster and then I had to get on the treadmill. I wanted to get them all done so I did another 200. I am getting closer. Weekends are really rough for me the calorie thing. I am so done with this yo-yo thing. I would say I also had visitor tues & wed., pot luck on Monday but No pity party. This is a challenge not a record of -more of crappy habits.e3mv27ep2f5d.jpg
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    @tarpguys I am so sorry for your family's loss :cry: I'm praying for healing and comfort for you all during this time.

@lynnbaum Way to go! It sounds like your mind is in the right place. It's hard to make time to work out and eat right almost every day, but then it wouldn't be a challenge.

I talked to Shan and right now she's having issues getting onto the community thread. She's still smashin' it though!
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @tarpguys Sorry for your family's loss. I've had three myself and it sucks.

@aim630 Sorry about your loss also. This has probably been a tough week for you.

I'm sitting at the doctor's with my daughter again today. We just found out that she has scoliosis. It's not a bad case, but it explains her back pain. Sounds like we start with physical therapy and hope that helps.

I only need 200 more minutes to max out. Feeling pretty proud about that. I'll try and sneak something in today between doctor's appointments, a basketball game, and dialysis.I got this!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of the sad things going on with my team! I truly care for each and every one of you, and I don't want anyone to be hurting!

@lynnbaum you're doing okay! Sometimes life gets in the way, just keep your head straight and looking in front of you, not behind!!

Yes I did talk to @ShansGotGoals too! She apologized for the lack of communication, but she's killin it! Hopefully we'll get her in here soon.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    In other good news - we're closing the gap to first place!! Team 1 is pretty much keeping the lead because of challenge points. We've all completed the challenges in the previous weeks and I have complete confidence we'll do it again this week.
    I'm taking a concealed carry class this weekend, Saturday and Sunday 9-5 so I'll be limited on my check in time as I'm going to do my best to still be able to work out, meal prep, have family time, and just take care of real life stuff. If I seem to be MIA, I apologize! If you all could just keep up on the spreadsheet and maybe reach out to non-loggers sometime on Sunday to help me out I'd appreciate it! I'll be giving @carinamenina [co-captain] a heads up, too. But team work makes the dream work, Smashers!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @tarpguys So sorry to hear your sad news. Praying for physical and emotional healing. Take time to grieve and recover. Love and hugs.

@aim630 I'm sad to hear of your difficult week, as well :( Life is full of ups and downs and sometimes the downs are very, very down. Love to you and yours.
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I got in a quick run this morning (it was so warm--57 degrees! at 6am! in February!) and I am planning on a walk for my lunch break. I promise to do the balance challenge tonight. Tomorrow is my long run. 11 miles. I'll also do some low impact exercise to recover after teh run, and I'm sure I'll get some active minutes in the afternoon/evening because we're watching my nieces, so including my two boys, we'll have five kids ages 1-9 to run after. It's gonna be fun.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am back from my conference. We had a great time. This conference always gets me started working for the year. I have picked 3 really big projects that will force me to work. That means have to start getting organized and managing my time better. I figure mornings will be for e exercise, afternoons for work.

I will work on the balance videos this evening. I am on track for the calorie challenge tomorrow. I didn't get any cardio today because I needed to pick up the fog from the kennel.

The hotel we stayed in had a ton of stairs, so I think I did that challenge twice this week. I find actual stairs so much easier than the damn stair climber!

@carinamenina : I am sooo envious of your weather. It is freezing here! I would love a nice run outside. I hope it warms up here soon!
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @tarpguys so sorry for your families loss. Praying for you all.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    I just checked the spreadsheet and we are finally closing the gap on first. We are now 90 minutes down and we have been over 100 most of the week, so that's a big improvement B)

We also have 6 people in the top 25 ranks this week so far !! NICELY DONE SMASHERS !!! We have 2 more days to kick some but so lets not give up yet !!

LET'S KEEP ON SMASHING IT !!! >:)