TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge # 3
    I had to look it up A pimiento, pimento, or cherry pepper is a variety of large, red, heart-shaped chili pepper that measures 3 to 4 in long and 2 to 3 in wide. The flesh of the pimiento is sweet, succulent, and more aromatic than that of the red bell pepper. Wikipedia3sh4k1gfrcca.jpg
    82bucrwwut35.jpg
    I am counting this and putting in my 5 points. There is also goat cheese on here along with the pimento. When we think of a spice must of us think of a dry spice but that spice has to come from someplace so if this doesn't count please let me know.
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @lynnbaum Thanks for that information! I had no idea!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    According to the link they provided, http://jamaicans.com/6-must-have-jamaican-seasonings/2/ , In Jamaica the pimento is also known as allspice and shows a picture of a nut/seed not a pepper.

P.S.
    And now I see the other responses ..LOL Yep I looked it up before I did anything because I wanted to make sure i was doing it right .. HAHAHA Would hate to NOT get points over a silly spice... :D
  • lynnbaum
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Like me last week. I posted something wrong. I hate when that happens. I am looking up instapot. It is a pressure cooker. I am getting one. I must say that those peppers were really good on my salad.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Such informative posts today. :) I think I'm going to try the ginger tea. I'll need to go to the store for ginger, but I have several other things I need also. I've just been putting it off for awhile. I'm not feeling awesome this week, sore throat and tired. Still went to the rec center today and worked out. I'm going to sleep well tonight. Hope everyone is looking it this week. Really wish I was in Jamaica this week.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    DESTINATION: MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA
    MILELAGE: 4505

PLEASE STAY ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND AWARD YOURSELF SIX MILES/MINUTES:
    “TAKE A TOUR OF JAMAICA WITH US”
    “BUSY SIGNAL - JAMAICA LOVE”

HERE IS ANOTHER YOUTUBE TO HELP YOU ALONG: (4 MINUTES IF YOU STAY ACTIVE)
    “JAMAICAN PATOIS GREETINGS”

LIVE THE EXPERIENCE ! STAY ACTIVE FOR 3 MINUTES:
    “BLUE HOLE”

STAY ACTIVE FOR 2 MINUTES FOR BONUS MINUTES WHILE VIEWING WHAT IT IS LIKE TO CLIMB A WATERFALL !
    “WATERFALL CLIMBING, DUNN’S RIVER FALLS”

CHALLENGE #1: “GET WID DE BEAT” (10 POINTS) REGGAE HAS ITS ROOTS IN JAMAICA.
    Reggae evolved in the late 1960s from Ska and other local variations on Calypso and Rhythm and Blues. It became widely known in the 1970s through the work of Bob Marley and its lyrics are much influenced by Rastafarian ideas.

SO IT IS TIME TO DO A LITTLE REGGAE INSPIRED WORKOUT!

****IN ORDER TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #1****

YOU CAN CHOSE BETWEEN THE TWO VIDEOS BELOW (OR DO BOTH!)

VIDEO #1 IS MORE OF A SWAY AND GROOVE.

I recommend it for those with bad knees, ankles, or similar injuries:
    “Reggae Workout Fitness Zone (20 minutes)”DONE

VIDEO #2 WILL GET YOUR HEARTBEAT RATE UP A BIT MORE:
    “Reggae Dancehall workout by Keaira LaShae” (20 minutes)

***NOTE: THIS CHALLENGE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE VERIFIED BY MISSIONENFORCER***
    ***Ask @hawkins410 for any necessary modifications***
    ***Be sure to count your challenge minutes toward your exercise minutes”

CHALLENGE #2: “TEK IT EASY MON!” (10 POINTS)
    AFTER ALL THAT FUN WE’VE BEEN HAVING HIKING, SWIMMING, RIDING, EXPLORING & DANCING
    IT IS TIME TO RELAX AND STRETCH OUR RECOVERING AND SORE MUSCLES!

****TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2****
    COMPLETE THE VIDEO BELOW ONE TIME (YOU MAY DO IT MORE TIMES AND GET MORE MINUTES!)

“ Recovery Day Routine” with Jessica & Peanut (20 minutes) DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “SPICE DAT UP MON!” (5 POINTS)
    ***NOTE: THIS CHALLENGE WILL NEED TO BE VERIFIED BY MISSIONENFORCER. PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!***

GOATS ARE A VERY COMMON SIGHT ALMOST EVERYWHERE ON THE ISLAND!

MOST OF THEM END UP AS THE MOST COMMON JAMAICAN DISH OF:

“CURRIED GOAT WITH RICE AND PEAS FOUND AT HOME AND IN THE CAFES!

HOWEVER! JAMAICA IS ALSO KNOWN FOR PRODUCING (AND CONSUMING!) SIX DISTINCT SEASONINGS.

THEY ARE:
    1. Scotch Bonnet Pepper
    2. Escallion
    3. Thyme
    4. Pimento
    5. Ginger
    6. Nutmeg

***TO EARN YOUR FIVE POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE*** USE ONE OF THE ABOVE SIX (6) SEASONINGS IN A HEALTHY DISH OR BEVERAGE (DESSERTS DON’T COUNT).

WHEN POSTING:

LABEL "CHALLENGE #3"
    WRITE WHICH SEASONING YOU CHOSE
    WRITE ONE TO TWO SEPARATE SENTENCES DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE EASY PEASY RIGHT!

USE THE FOLLOWING POST AS AN EXAMPLE
    OF HOW TO CLAIM YOUR FIVE POINTS:

CHALLENGE #3 DONE

BEFORE YOU GO RACING OFF TO HAVE FUN IN THE SUN PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES (COUNT IF ACTIVE) TO WATCH THE FOLLOWING CLIP FROM A DISNEY MOVIE ABOUT THE BOBSLED TEAM:

“COOL RUNNINGS - THE LAST RACE” DONE

222/700 minutes

Mon- 113
    Tue-109
    Wed-
    Thur-
    Fri-
    Sat-
    Sun-

All challenges are done, now to work on minutes for the week. So Far So Good !! I might get out for a run this week after all if the weather breaks like they say. THAT will up my minutes.
    I plan to get video 2 from challenge 1 this week too. More Minutes !! I am also FINALLY getting into my 30 day abs workout. Did day 1 over and plan to hit day 2 in a minute(already logged). Tomorrow I will hit days 3 and 5. (day 4 was a rest day)

• aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @lynnbaum I have an Instant Pot. I used it a lot last summer after I first got it, but haven't used it recently. I don't have room to store it in my kitchen, so out of sight out of mind, I guess. I need to bring it back out, because it really does make cooking easier.

@Queen_S_01 That chicken sounds delicious!

I am going to try ginger tea, but I need to buy some ginger root tonight.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I am still here :wink: just out of town and unable to access the spreadsheet. Exercise minutes will be low for beginning of the week as I'm still fighting this sinus infection and my reaction to antibiotics. I'll have the minutes in though, mostly from this coming weekend. Will updated everything tonight or tomorrow, I have done the videos.
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't put in big numbers so far this week...was traveling all day Monday and yesterday I think all the exhaustion from my trip hit me full force and I barely got half my usual step goal, with no exercise other than a little walk to wake myself up halfway through the day. I did Challenge #1 this morning (the first video) and realized just how uncoordinated I am...I felt so silly trying to move to the beat. I'm glad no one else was up yet to see me attempting to dance. Planning on the gym for my lunch break to get some more numbers.

My activity this week will be lower than usual because I am still recuperating from my half marathon this past week. Saturday I have a 5K with my sister (she's planning to walk most of it and I promised to stick with her so it's very low pressure) and I also will do a long, slow run beforehand. Don't want to lose momentum as I head into the summer and my planned full marathon in August. Other than that, I might put in some walks or something low key. Gotta try out the challenge #2 video, which looks pretty slow and sounds good for me this week.

Not quite sure what spice I want to try for challenge #3. I'd like to do a new recipe for fun. Maybe some chicken?
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3:

The spice I used was nutmeg. I had nutmeg already, but I only use it if I'm making chicken alfredo. I figured alfredo isn't the healthiest to make - so I decided to sprinkle some nutmeg over my overnight chia seed concoction. It added a spicy nuttiness to it. All in all, not a bad random addition.
  • lynnbaum
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge #3
    I wanted to make this roast today and I was looking for my allspice. Note to self, add to shopping list. I had to think of a couple of spices that were on the list. So I pull out what I think is a crockpot bag only to find out it is a turkey roasting bag. (note to self- read box) So I put in the roast and add Thyme, Ginger and then I found some trial bottles of Rum from our honeymoon. 17 years ago. Then I added some onion garlic and better than bouillon. I will let you know how it is. Dear husband is putting it in the oven. So this uses 2 spices and I am giving myself a :smiley::wink: :blush: for that rum. We did honeymoon in the area. I will let you know how it taste. If it's all good by themselves it should be better together, Right??
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Did the Jessica Smith video! It was so good definitely going into my favorites!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hey Smashers! I'm having spreadsheet troubles if someone could put my minutes in for me. We did Universal Studios allllll day yesterday and I did so much walking! I don't even know how to calculate my minutes. I'm just going to say 200 even though I believe that's way under shot. I did the videos this morning, just the first Raeggae one and the stretching all bright and early before everyone else woke up this morning. My cousin flew in for a few days too (we've got an extra room in our condo for her and her family) and we headed out for a walk this morning. She's actually a big ginger tea drinker, so she made me some this morning after our walk. Let me tell ya, not a fan.

Tuesday - 200
    Wednesday - 90 minutes
    & I got all my challenge points.

What are the numbers looking like?
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer "CHALLENGE #3"
    I tried ginger. My cousin made me ginger tea and I hated it.
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3 @MissionEnforcer
    I roasted asparagus and put Thyme on top for flavor and it was delicious!! I usually don't use thyme for roasting and now I will! Yum
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    Challenge 3 I could of cooked it less but it was really tender. I did like the thyme on it. I would do it again
  • MonicaA2013
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey Smashers! I'm having spreadsheet troubles if someone could put my minutes in for me. We did Universal Studios allllll day yesterday and I did so much walking! I don't even know how to calculate my minutes. I'm just going to say 200 even though I believe that's way under shot. I did the videos this morning, just the first Raeggae one and the stretching all bright and early before everyone else woke up this morning. My cousin flew in for a few days too (we've got an extra room in our condo for her and her family) and we headed out for a walk this morning. She's actually a big ginger tea drinker, so she made me some this morning after our walk. Let me tell ya, not a fan.

Tuesday - 200
    Wednesday - 90 minutes
    & I got all my challenge points.

What are the numbers looking like?

Hope you have fun sounds like a great time !!
    I gotcha logged in !!

P.S. We are in 5th place right now we have several members who haven't logged any minutes or challenge points yet.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    DESTINATION: MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA
    MILELAGE: 4505

PLEASE STAY ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND AWARD YOURSELF SIX MILES/MINUTES:
    “TAKE A TOUR OF JAMAICA WITH US” DONE
    “BUSY SIGNAL - JAMAICA LOVE” DONE

HERE IS ANOTHER YOUTUBE TO HELP YOU ALONG: (4 MINUTES IF YOU STAY ACTIVE)
    “JAMAICAN PATOIS GREETINGS” DONE

LIVE THE EXPERIENCE ! STAY ACTIVE FOR 3 MINUTES:
    “BLUE HOLE” DONE

STAY ACTIVE FOR 2 MINUTES FOR BONUS MINUTES WHILE VIEWING WHAT IT IS LIKE TO CLIMB A WATERFALL !
    “WATERFALL CLIMBING, DUNN’S RIVER FALLS” DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “GET WID DE BEAT” (10 POINTS) REGGAE HAS ITS ROOTS IN JAMAICA.
    Reggae evolved in the late 1960s from Ska and other local variations on Calypso and Rhythm and Blues. It became widely known in the 1970s through the work of Bob Marley and its lyrics are much influenced by Rastafarian ideas.

SO IT IS TIME TO DO A LITTLE REGGAE INSPIRED WORKOUT!

****IN ORDER TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #1****

YOU CAN CHOSE BETWEEN THE TWO VIDEOS BELOW (OR DO BOTH!)

VIDEO #1 IS MORE OF A SWAY AND GROOVE.

I recommend it for those with bad knees, ankles, or similar injuries:
    “Reggae Workout Fitness Zone (20 minutes)” DONE

VIDEO #2 WILL GET YOUR HEARTBEAT RATE UP A BIT MORE:
    “Reggae Dancehall workout by Keaira LaShae” (20 minutes)

***NOTE: THIS CHALLENGE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE VERIFIED BY MISSIONENFORCER***
    ***Ask @hawkins410 for any necessary modifications***
    ***Be sure to count your challenge minutes toward your exercise minutes”

CHALLENGE #2: “TEK IT EASY MON!” (10 POINTS)
    AFTER ALL THAT FUN WE’VE BEEN HAVING HIKING, SWIMMING, RIDING, EXPLORING & DANCING
    IT IS TIME TO RELAX AND STRETCH OUR RECOVERING AND SORE MUSCLES!

****TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2****
    COMPLETE THE VIDEO BELOW ONE TIME (YOU MAY DO IT MORE TIMES AND GET MORE MINUTES!)

“ Recovery Day Routine” with Jessica & Peanut (20 minutes) DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “SPICE DAT UP MON!” (5 POINTS)
    ***NOTE: THIS CHALLENGE WILL NEED TO BE VERIFIED BY MISSIONENFORCER. PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!***

GOATS ARE A VERY COMMON SIGHT ALMOST EVERYWHERE ON THE ISLAND!

MOST OF THEM END UP AS THE MOST COMMON JAMAICAN DISH OF:

“CURRIED GOAT WITH RICE AND PEAS" FOUND AT HOME AND IN THE CAFES!

HOWEVER! JAMAICA IS ALSO KNOWN FOR PRODUCING (AND CONSUMING!) SIX DISTINCT SEASONINGS.

THEY ARE:
    1. Scotch Bonnet Pepper
    2. Escallion
    3. Thyme
    4. Pimento
    5. Ginger
    6. Nutmeg

***TO EARN YOUR FIVE POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE*** USE ONE OF THE ABOVE SIX (6) SEASONINGS IN A HEALTHY DISH OR BEVERAGE (DESSERTS DON’T COUNT).

WHEN POSTING:

LABEL "CHALLENGE #3"
    WRITE WHICH SEASONING YOU CHOSE
    WRITE ONE TO TWO SEPARATE SENTENCES DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE EASY PEASY RIGHT!

USE THE FOLLOWING POST AS AN EXAMPLE
    OF HOW TO CLAIM YOUR FIVE POINTS:

CHALLENGE #3 DONE

BEFORE YOU GO RACING OFF TO HAVE FUN IN THE SUN PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES (COUNT IF ACTIVE) TO WATCH THE FOLLOWING CLIP FROM A DISNEY MOVIE ABOUT THE BOBSLED TEAM:

“COOL RUNNINGS - THE LAST RACE” DONE

317/700 minutes

Mon- 113
    Tue-109
    Wed- 95
    Thur-
    Fri-
    Sat-
    Sun-

COME ON TEAM SMASHERS we need to smash the other teams !!! Right now we are in 5th place !!!!! Let's get those minutes and challenges logged in !!!