TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I made a tostada salad and added some thyme spice to the vegetarian "meat" after cooking it. It ended up that after I added the onions, pickles, cilantro, lettuce, mustard (Yes, mustard! It is an old family tradition), ketchup, and hot sauce, I couldn't really even taste the thyme. I think if it was freshly cut, instead of dried, it might have made more of an impact. Maybe next time. :)
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    HEY WE ARE THERE!!!!
    Great job Team One! Let's keep this great momentum going! :)
    a9042258-a219-4907-9da0-fd680cfdc552jpeg
    MI LUV JAMDUNG! <3
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So excited we are at are destination!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Yay team!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    TARA AND I HAD A GREAT HIKE AT SUNRISE THIS MORNING!
    o37jwn0fpihd.jpg
    HAPPY FURBALL!

exli2m7buqln.jpg
    SUNRISE OVER THE PACIFIC

suquqh8kn8kg.jpg
    SPRING HAS SPRUNG! :)
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I chose to cook with ginger.
    I love ginger. I love eating it with sushi, chicken, tea, etc. I had Chicken Tikka Masala, and it was so good with the ginger flavoring.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Challenges done. I did the first dance video. It was interesting as always.
    Feeling a little run down. I might take a day off tomorrow, but still waiting on the weekend weather forecast to figure out my plans.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I also chose to use ginger! I am a big fan of fresh ginger, which is something until a few years ago I never cooked with at all. Now I really appreciate the flavor it adds.

I made a honey-ginger glazed chicken with snow peas and jasmine rice. The chicken was pan-seared and the glaze was delicious. I used way more ginger than it called for but I just chopped up the whole thumb that I had. It also had soy sauce, chicken stock concentrate, garlic, honey and some white wine vinegar. The snow peas were sauteed in a little olive oil and spritzed with lime juice. Everything served over jasmine rice. Verdict - excellent! I would definitely make this again.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So that completes my 3 challenges for the week! I didn't get many minutes today - I barely slept last night so I was dragging today. But I did force myself to do a treadmill run this morning at the Y before work because I knew I'd be too wiped out to do anything after.

Now I'm so ready for bed, but my new springform pan came in the mail today and I had to try this low calorie protein cheesecake recipe community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake. It's in the oven right now and will need to cool so I won't eat it until tomorrow but the batter tasted delicious. I made chocolate with some chocolate chips in it. I hope it's good!

@aenglehardt347 that dish sounds good - lots of flavor in there.

@hawkins410 I'm so into those huts on the water you posted. Wish I could be in there soaking up the Jamaican sun. I'm also jealous of your hike with Tara - looks gorgeous! No spring springing here.

@smile_laughter - Mmm chicken tikka masala sounds really good too. I have a crockpot recipe for it that I made a few times this winter that was good and easy. No ginger in it though I don't think, but I'm sure that adds a lot.

@ka97 hope you can take a rest day and recharge.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 I'm envious!!! Great Pictures!!!

Super job getting to Jamaica. Now we have the weekend to finish up those challenges and rack up some more miles!!! The Challenges are very doable!!

LET'S GET

w18cppptgxdh.png

% ON THE CHALLENGES!!!!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    image.jpg
    HAPPY FRIDAY TEAM!

THERE ARE A LOT OF BLANK CHALLENGE POINT BOXES! LET'S GET THOSE FILLED IN!
    YOU WILL FEEL AS GOOD AS THIS PUP WHEN YOU DO! :D
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @ka97: I love your careful choice of words about Challenge #1! "Interesting" is such a diplomatic way for you to express your love of video challenges! :D

I want to wish you and @mswanger09
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We've been "dancing together" for an entire year now! <3

@katharmonic: Thank you for that great cheesecake idea! Who knew? ;)

GREAT JOB TO @mts7471, @aenglehardt347, @katharmonic, @wolvinnetje, @120maggie (of course), and @ka97 for already completing all 3 challenges! :)
    WHO IS NEXT ON THE 100% LIST?
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1 complete! Last night I did the challenge video. A little modifying needed with my knee acting up. But I took it easy and got it completed. Today I took the day off work just cuz! Haven't done that in a while. So I'm going to relax and do some small workout sessions throughout the day. I had planned in making banana pancakes (1egg and 1 banana) to keep things light and was disappointed when I found out hubby took 2 bananas to work today :o so I'll have to go get some and try them tomorrow.

So glad to see we are in Jamaica!! Everyone is doing an amazing job!!!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    What about me @hawkins410???? Wasn't I on the same team with you and @ka97 and @mswanger09 last March? Or were we competing against each Other?
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Feels great to be in Jamaica!

Last night was so cold out. It was -28 with a very brisk wind. It was the first time, since we started a few years ago, that my wife and I did not complete our evening walk. We turned around just after halfway.

Going to the gym this afternoon and then planning the videos for Saturday.

Five of our pups get their permanent caretakers today! 2 more tomorrow and the last one on Monday.

They have been such a riot.

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good news! We've changed our flight so I will get home on Saturday which means I can cook on Sunday so I can get the challenge points! About to do challenge 2 right now then I'm playing in a golf tournament so lots of minutes today. Tomorrow will be a big fat zero though.

Challenge 2 done! I liked it. Let's hope it translates into good golf!
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    TARA AND I HAD A GREAT HIKE AT SUNRISE THIS MORNING!
    o37jwn0fpihd.jpg
    HAPPY FURBALL!

exli2m7buqln.jpg
    SUNRISE OVER THE PACIFIC

suquqh8kn8kg.jpg
    SPRING HAS SPRUNG! :)

What an awseome pictures ...you live at a beautiful place
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    What about me @hawkins410???? Wasn't I on the same team with you and @ka97 and @mswanger09 last March? Or were we competing against each other?
    It was the "Spring Break Training Challenge", designed & run by @Melodieccurn. I'm not sure if you played in that one. @MissionEnforcer and I started the "Amazing Race - Summer Heat" on June 20th and that is when this awesome, fantastic, wonderful team of you, @Vowder, @cardbucfan, @mamaelf2008, @mts7471, @wolvinnetje, and @LeoLivingByDesign first started together. We've just kept getting better and better with more beautiful players (@TamiJo1004, @aenglehardt347, @katharmonic, @Ingrid2017, @AlethaMary, @GSXRGIRL61, @ejdp254, @junodog1, @smile_laughter, and @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn ) ever since! <3

@wolvinnetje: Thank you! I have a bit of a drive to get to the trail, but the ocean view and nice breeze is worth it. Tara was a very naughty puppy today! I'd like to take her to the snow! Any volunteers? :D

@Vowder: ONE MORE PUPPY PICTURE BEFORE THEY ALL LEAVE PLEASE?! :)

@mamaelf2008: Your name is now added to the 100% Challenge Completed List. WHO IS NEXT? ;)

IDITAROD UPDATE: Four days into the race, Mitch Seavey (51 y/o) is leading the pack and is way ahead of his son, Dallas. There are currently 4 women in the Top 10! Woot Woot!

WE NEED A JAMAICAN BARTENDER!:D

• ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    hey team, i am here , honestly! My miles are maxed for the week and i bought some ginger today to use in some soup i think, tomorrow! Great job on reaching our destination, cant wait to hit the beach and sink a few cold ones!
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    51368241.jpg

@120maggie: Of course you were on the original Team 6 Degrees of Awesome. Just slap me upside of the head and call me silly! :blush:

BARTENDER!!:D