You mean it's a do B) or a bash :p . lol
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Seems pretty obvious... Either it's a party B) or an orgy. :s

You mean it's a do B) or a bash :p . lol

If you're :p on a work "bash", I can pretty much guarantee that our co-worker pools are somewhat, and by that I mean radically, dissimilar.

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I married the guy I had work do's with. *cough*

Could those have been, *cough*, bashes?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I just assumed the older term "to-do" like it was a swaggy get together type deal. LOL
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I eat out with co-workers a bit. A glass or two of Red, a steak with a green salad on the side or a chicken Caesar salad with no croutons. Nice and easy. Might go a little over calories that day but no harm done. You need to make your way of eating and your lifestyle work together, there's no point shutting yourself away from social situations because of food.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So had my second work 'do' last night and I again stayed strong, no alcohol and no carbs. So the waiter leaves both bottles of wine in front of me. And later brings extra free chips which must also go in front of me. And my salad with my chicken consisted of just rocket and dressing. I had to ask for some tomatoes to try and add some flavour.

It is like the restaurant will not only not support you but will actively fight against you, sigh
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Glad you won the temptation battle!!! Way to go!!!
  • cr8ivewonder
    cr8ivewonder Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I just order a diet pepsi. I'm a celiac so ordering food is a risk I won't take at a pub. Not eating felt a bit odd at first but that was just in my head. No one really cared if I ate or not.

We have 3 catered lunches at work a week. I find out what they are going to be the day before, and then decide if I'm bringing my own lunch in, or eating at work. Most times, I bring my own food. No one has questioned it. The only time someone was critical of my food was at my parents, when my dad gave me hell for eating a burger without the bun. No one notices. I would assume you ate while chatting with someone else.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I avoid any post-work outings. I usually have training plans after work anyways, and the temptation of ordering a glass of wine usually wins and then food is usually ordered. So I've learned to just keep my eating out to occasions when I'm with people I really like and at restaurants I really like (which happen to be the organic/local sourcing type).

I do have to face a work place that is full of free, terrible food though. We constantly have a pile of carby/sugary/packaged junk sitting around. And then at least twice a week work provides something or people bring stuff in. Tuesday afternoon was a birthday celebration (cheesecake, pie, cookies) and this morning someone brought in baked oatmeal. I do my best to avoid all of those. I bring a healthy snack on days I know we have planned stuff. Like nuts and a cucumber. Or I pack a really appetizing lunch to keep me away from other food.

One a month though my department goes out to lunch and I really can't avoid not eating without risking politics. We used to do a Chinese buffet, but I've been helping to persuade it to places with a menu that you get a set amount of food at and have salads as options on the menu. I also pack a healthy snack in case I end up with a crappy really small salad that leaves me starving LOL. Sigh..........
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    It gets easier over time. I have it so ingrained in my head now that "I don't eat carbs" that I don't even have to think about it. For example after my Dad's funeral, my cousins all insisted on having dinner at this really nice Asian restaurant. Everything on the menu was rice and noodles and looked and smelled amazing. There was 12 of us at the table so there was plenty of food to look at. Also spring rolls and dim sims and such. Who doesn't love this food. And really, I could have had whatever I wanted given the circumstances and dealt with it "tomorrow". But low carb is so much of a habit that I ended up having "crispy skin chicken" which was just a half chicken, no coatings or sugar or sides. And a couple of glasses of dry white wine. I don't feel like I missed out, and it felt strangely good to have stayed on plan.