bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Perhaps TMI, but I understand that victory completely :smiley:
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    anna4anna.....great victory!!!!
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    rfrieman wrote: »
    My recent NSV is my jeans are fitting so loose now that I can take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Now that feels good! Might be time for a shopping spree soon!

This is my favourite part about this process lol! Shopping for new clothes and shoes is something I used to dread...but now it's so much fun seeing the sizes go by. ☺ wtg!
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    SeminoleGirl78 wrote;
    Don't know if this is a NSV but it has always been hard for me to take a compliment, I usually argue back but have been smiling and saying thank you lately.

I used to be the same way and did not receiving compliments, but I find more and more these days I am accepting them and liking them as well. Part of the process I guess.
  • anna4anna
    Here's my most recent NSV...three and a half weeks ago, my husband and two daughters and I went to buy roller blades. Everyone started trying on blades including myself. However, my calves and ankles were too big and I couldn't even fasten them. I was so ashamed and super sad. I bought them anyway and vowed to get into them. That's when I started my weight loss journey. (Again). Yesterday, I thought what the heck and tried them on. Guess what?! I got them fastened! They are still a little tight, but three more weeks should do the trick and I'll be skating off calories in no time!

Thats awesome! Good for you!
  • anna4anna
    My NSV this week is hitting my goal of 40" total loss. I've been keeping track of my measurements since day one as well as my bodyfat % as time goes on. In many ways, this NSV means more to me because for whatever reason my brain can process numbers from measurements and equate it to progress, versus my brain processing what it sees in the mirror.
  • Rangerharms
    Rangerharms Posts: 77 Member
    anna4anna wrote: »
    My NSV this week is hitting my goal of 40" total loss. I've been keeping track of my measurements since day one as well as my bodyfat % as time goes on. In many ways, this NSV means more to me because for whatever reason my brain can process numbers from measurements and equate it to progress, versus my brain processing what it sees in the mirror.

Wow! That is amazing! Congratulations. I hope to follow in your footsteps!
  • Scarlet9904
    Scarlet9904 Posts: 32 Member
    pulling my leggens up today with out a struggle was a nsv
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Today is my first day breaking 100 oz of water. I have a little 16oz cup and I've been keeping track of how many times I've filled it up.

It feels strange, haha. (A bit on the tmi side but I've had to pee like once every hour or two)

Had PDQ's for dinner. Fast food was my only option today and I'm not in charge of my finances. I could hardly finish the California club but I wanted to break 1k calories for the day. Hardly touched my zucchini fries. (They were good but something felt off about fried food. Luckily my brother was willing to eat them.) The water also made it difficult to eat my rice for lunch. I ended up having maybe less than half a cup of rice instead of my normal 1cup cooked brown rice.

It's really hard to get myself to drink this much water but damn when you do it then it becomes hard to eat
  • anna4anna
    Jirachii wrote: »
    So I'm only about 12 pounds down from where I started, but I was able to fully pull up, button and zip up size 14 jeans today! A couple weeks ago I couldn't even get them past my thighs! And they didn't burst when I sat down! Ahhhhhh

They're too tight for me to wear comfortably, but I'm officially going to start wearing my size 16's out instead of my 18's. When I started, 3 pairs of size 18 jeans fit me snugly, and 1 was already loose. Now all of them are loose and I'm having to pull at them all!

That's awesome! Way to go!
  • fubarfornow
    fubarfornow Posts: 40 Member
    anna4anna wrote: »
    My NSV from this weekend was going to a family get together where I hadn't seen some relatives in years. Some of them said they didn't recognize me. My old sister who lives across the country was there and she couldn't believe the progress I made. It was nice to know that my hard work was noticed, even if its still hard for me to see it...

And although I'm still painfully socially awkward, I didn't hide in the back in every photo as I normally would. I'm still learning how to accept compliments though, thats just odd to me.

That's wonderful! Good for you!