My weight loss saga - Jim

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    @KetoKaHee Thanks so much.

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    MORE than 100#! Wow, fantastic! Congratulations. I want your determination!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    This is so AWESOME!!! KUTGW!!! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    You are doing great! Way to go!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Wow!!! What is most interesting is your neck . . . . tightened right up! You look 20 years younger.
  • jvcinv
    Thanks all!
    One meal/day/week/month at a time.
    By end of summer I hope to be able to update with a new and improved :) photo.
  • amflautist
    I've been studying your chart. Your body is giving you a steady, incredibly steady, 2#/wk loss. I put my eye at the side of my screen and eyeballed along the curve. I see that after a fast, after your 4 day fast in January, even though some of the weight is reclaimed, nonetheless there is a net deficit.

And so I wonder: is 2#/wk even possible for me? I'm weighing and charting until I know.

Fabulous info there @jvcinv
  • jvcinv
    amflautist wrote: »
    I've been studying your chart. Your body is giving you a steady, incredibly steady, 2#/wk loss. I put my eye at the side of my screen and eyeballed along the curve. I see that after a fast, after your 4 day fast in January, even though some of the weight is reclaimed, nonetheless there is a net deficit.

And so I wonder: is 2#/wk even possible for me? I'm weighing and charting until I know.

Fabulous info there @jvcinv
    thank you amflautist. I can't answer what is possible for you, but I've looked at this data in terms of weight loss per day.

I look at the fasts in terms of starting weight minus final weight of course. But for the number of days I don't just count the days fasting, but I also look at how many additional days it took to get back to that low weight after the gradual uptick after the end of the fast.

For example: I started with a 14 day fast which resulted in 24 pounds lost in those 14 days, but it took another 15 days for my weight to stabilize and go back down to the low point of the fast. It's like a fast recovery period for the body I guess. So 24 pounds divided by 29 days (14+15) = .83 pounds per day.

For the 4 day fast it was 7 pounds lost within a 12 day total period or .58 pounds per day

For the past 64 days doing a very consistent OMAD plan I'm averaging .43 pounds per day or 3 pounds per week.
    So yes the water fasts resulted in an elevated rate of weight loss but maybe not significantly larger than my regular OMAD schedule when you consider the recovery period.
    My biggest question is how long will I continue to lose weight at this rate? 3 pounds per week is fantastic but I'm assuming at some point it will begin to slow down.

• KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    I'm at an average body weight and it is a struggle to get down to my goal weight. So yes it will eventually slow down but if we stay consistent we will get there!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    As the body gets closer to it's ideal weight, I think it will slow down. Enjoy it while you can!
  • LittleForestOwl
    LittleForestOwl Posts: 35 Member
    Wow! Such a difference! Keep up the great work :smile:
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    You must be well pleased! Your progress is so steady.
  • jvcinv
    Abm4n wrote: »
    You must be well pleased! Your progress is so steady.
    Oh I am pleased to say the least. Didn't even dream that I'd be where I am now.
    I had given up for at least the past decade, resigned to being fat because "I'm just one of those people who can't lose weight" or "too old" etc, etc.

• jvcinv
    Wow! Such a difference! Keep up the great work :smile:
    Thank you!

• jvcinv
    WK....... Weight.....Week Chg......Total.....To Reach Goal
    23.............250.................-3...........-102..............70
    24.............248.................-2...........-104..............68
    25.............243.................-5...........-109..............63

An exceptional week for me and yet I have no explanation for it. I didn't do anything different.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    WOW!!! :)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Awesome, Jim!
  • amflautist
    Great week. Your body loves you!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited April 2017
    jvcinv wrote: »
    amflautist wrote: »
    My biggest question is how long will I continue to lose weight at this rate? 3 pounds per week is fantastic but I'm assuming at some point it will begin to slow down.