My weight loss saga - Jim

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited April 2017
    It will vary. I averaged 2.6 to 3.4 lbs per week, with lows hitting .3 and highs hitting 5.4 (only once). Expect variances and don't get disappointed when you see them, but once you establish a very consistent pattern, your body will start downsizing like yours is--with larger chunks coming off more consistently. Dedication has its rewards!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Way to go! Amazing
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    thanks for the encouragement everyone.
    Hey Joe, I've been in that same zone in terms of pounds per week (min 1, max 5). I track my weight daily and look for trends, over the past 60 days or so my weekly average has drifted up from around 2.5 to over 3.5 at this point. Since you've been through this its good to know that it's just "larger chunks" coming off. :)
    Exactly what I need. thanks.
  • jvcinv
    Eating OMAD style.
    I thought I'd share my OMAD food routine.

When I started OMAD I was winging it, it was before I knew of Joe's story and video's.
    What I decided up front about my meal was that;
    - It would be in the evening, easier for me to control.
    - It would resemble a LCHF diet and be comprised of foods coming directly from a plant or animal. Nothing refined or processed or from a box.
    - I would eat slow enough to let my body tell me when I was full, no stuffing it away.
    - I wanted the meals to create a feeling of fullness and satiety.

So this is what I've been doing for six months. I had to adjust the portion size a little in the beginning, I didn't think of the one plate rule. My meals are larger than one plate, partly because I don't like some things mixing together, partly because I eat my salad while the rest of the meal is cooking, and partly because it wouldn't fit on one plate.
    My meal almost always consists of the same basic format.

A small salad - which typically includes some of these items; mixed greens, tomato, grated cheese, olives, chopped onion, avocado, hard boiled egg, cucumber, zero cal dressing.

A bowl of steamed vegetables - typically 3-4 types of vegetables plus onion, sometimes mushrooms, and a little kale or chard. topped with butter, salt and pepper this is the foundation of my meal.

Animal protein - Pork, chicken, beef, fish. I change it up. I pan fry or roast in coconut or olive oil.

A piece of fruit, typically an orange or pear, or melon pieces, or berries, sometimes accompanied by some plain non fat yogurt.

Beverage will be water or unsweetened tea, plus either a little veggie juice or water w/ raw ACV mixed in. After dinner I have a sparkling non-caloric drink like Perrier or La Croix.

I finish eating easily within a one hour time period every day.
    I keep my 23 hours of fasting time very clean, meaning only black coffee or water. No snacking. I figure this way I will get the most from the fast period.
    The only variation on the above is sometimes I will have a breakfast dinner with bacon or sausage and an omelet instead of the salad. Otherwise I follow the above pattern every day. I guess I tend to be very regimented.
    Counting calories is not my thing, but I've tried to do it a few times and I come up with between 1500 to 1700 being very conservative.

Here is a pic of my meal from a few nights ago.
    69lxzac4ib0d.jpg

That night it was roast tenderloin with sliced pear and a few blackberries. The veggies were cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, onion and some rainbow chard. My steamed veggies are always a medley which makes it more interesting.
    Even though it doesn't fit on one plate it seems to be working well for me and I do not feel the need for a splurge day. I think perhaps that is because my meals are more filling with mainly items having a lower caloric density.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Interesting. I'm surprised that adds up to 1500-1700 calories. I too use more than one plate, with a BIG salad. Not like that puny thing you have there!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I dont like my foods mixed together either, unless it's supposed to be...You're doing great!!!
  • blambo61
    edited April 2017
    Looks like a goo approach (it is obviously working). You get some variety and your getting some goo micro-nutrients in there also! I think the low calorie density is important and also I'm convinced LC helps although I have found I can't go extremely low carbs but could probably do fine with what you show (some fruit). I don't see any bread in there. Do you eat any of that?
  • jvcinv
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Looks like a goo approach (it is obviously working). You get some variety and your getting some goo micro-nutrients in there also! I think the low calorie density is important and also I'm convinced LC helps although I have found I can't go extremely low carbs but could probably do fine with what you show (some fruit). I don't see any bread in there. Do you eat any of that?

At this time I do not eat any bread, pasta, or rice at home.
    There have been a few times while traveling and eating at a restaurant where I did have some bread or rice. When you're at a steakhouse and they bring out that good warm bread, hard not to have a few pieces.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Eating OMAD style.
    Here is a pic of my meal from a few nights ago.
    69lxzac4ib0d.jpg

That night it was roast tenderloin with sliced pear and a few blackberries. The veggies were cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, onion and some rainbow chard. My steamed veggies are always a medley which makes it more interesting.
    Even though it doesn't fit on one plate it seems to be working well for me and I do not feel the need for a splurge day. I think perhaps that is because my meals are more filling with mainly items having a lower caloric density.

That looks delicious! Love the addition of blackberries :)

• KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    I'm so impressed with your meal! It looks perfectly balanced and so fresh!!
  • jvcinv
    WK....... Weight.....Week Chg......Total.....To Reach Goal
    23.............250.................-3...........-102..............70
    24.............248.................-2...........-104..............68
    25.............243.................-5...........-109..............63
    26.............241.................-2...........-111..............61

This week I hit a five day plateau but still manged to lose 2 lbs on the other days so all is good.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    111 lbs is amazing!!! I can't imagine how much better it feels not to carry that all the time. And only 26 weeks, phenomenal!
  • amflautist
    You are amazing! One-way steady losses for 26 weeks. Eating yummy food too! Congratulations. I'm honored to be on this train with you.
  • jvcinv
    leveejohn wrote: »
    111 lbs is amazing!!! I can't imagine how much better it feels not to carry that all the time. And only 26 weeks, phenomenal!
    Its great. I look and feel like a different person now.
    So many simple little everyday things are easier.

• blambo61
    Way to go!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    2 pounds in one week is great and 111 in 26 weeks is Amazing!!! :)
  • jvcinv
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
    Sharing my progress with others makes the journey more fulfilling.
  • amflautist
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I look and feel like a different person now.
    So many simple little everyday things are easier.

I remember the first time I could kneel down and look under my bed, then get up again.

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    111 in 26 weeks ia just awesome! Amazing! I'm truly inspired.
  • jvcinv
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    111 in 26 weeks ia just awesome! Amazing! I'm truly inspired.
    thank you.
    People mentioning 26 weeks got me to thinking, that's not right.
    Yes I've been on OMAD for 26 weeks but the 111 lbs started 5 weeks before I was on OMAD.
    So I'm updating the week numbers on my summary accordingly.
    Small difference I suppose but I'm a stickler for accuracy.

WK.......... Weight.........Week Chg......Total.....To Reach Goal
    28.............250.................-3...........-102..............70
    29.............248.................-2...........-104..............68
    30.............243.................-5...........-109..............63
    31.............241.................-2...........-111..............61