My weight loss saga - Jim

Options

Replies

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JIM you are one of my heros!!!! hurrey!!!! so impressive!!! and I like what you say about numbers and following your intuition on what feels right to YOU... this journey is about self empowerment too!!! there are so much more things that we are gaining from this process besides the weight drop... amazing results!!!! <3
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    How did I miss the pictures? You look great, Jim! And I have to agree that your chiseled face is amazing!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thanks @arguablysamson
    @barbheart thank you and you are right about empowerment, it's been a self discovery like I've never experienced. Something snapped in me once I did the 2 week fast and started OMAD. much more alert and aware of things.

@wsandy8512 most people go for amazing chiseled abs, I'm left with a chiseled face! :D
    Oh well. I think the running does that.
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Thanks @arguablysamson
    @barbheart thank you and you are right about empowerment, it's been a self discovery like I've never experienced. Something snapped in me once I did the 2 week fast and started OMAD. much more alert and aware of things.

@wsandy8512 most people go for amazing chiseled abs, I'm left with a chiseled face! :D

The abs will come in time and, believe it or not, quite a few studies show that uber chiseled abs are not something most find attractive, some do, but not like you'd think. I know that's what I find the most attractive anyway. Bulging veins and rock hard abs, meh. To each their own. Lol It's just basic healthy ones that most find attractive and that's on both men and women. However, face and eyes always catch my eye first, then personality, then body. But physical attraction goes out the door for me if it's the right person and manly, man--not meaning *kitten*, belligerent, jerk types, but ones who aren't afraid to get dirt on their hands. lol

Anyway, happily married woman here, but not afraid to be honest... and your overall appearance is attractive. :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Thanks @arguablysamson

The abs will come in time and, believe it or not, quite a few studies show that uber chiseled abs are not something most find attractive, some do, but not like you'd think. I know that's what I find the most attractive anyway. Bulging veins and rock hard abs, meh. To each their own. Lol It's just basic healthy ones that most find attractive and that's on both men and women. However, face and eyes always catch my eye first, then personality, then body. But physical attraction goes out the door for me if it's the right person and manly, man--not meaning *kitten*, belligerent, jerk types, but ones who aren't afraid to get dirt on their hands. lol

Anyway, happily married woman here, but not afraid to be honest... and your overall appearance is attractive. :)

:D:D:D:D I just freaking love you Sandy LOL... This literally cracked me up but I agree on all of it!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Thanks @arguablysamson

:D:D:D:D I just freaking love you Sandy LOL... This literally cracked me up but I agree on all of it!

I second that :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Aww, thanks @mistymeadows2005 and @brendagaudette69

See that, Jim, that makes three :)
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Super good news. :o You can really get any kind of advice on this place.
    Well I was just joking about the abs, I'm well beyond that pipedream.
    But the other stuff is good to know. I may not qualify though because I don't like getting my hands dirty anymore, unless it involves cooking and then I can get quite messy!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Yeah I dont careless about those 6abs stuff... I rather be healthy and fit and if I can remove or shrink the skin if I ever get to have it, then that´s fine... You have done amazingly well Jim!!!
    One day you can share with us what are the other improvements you saw in your life...
    Saddly sometimes people treat you differently when you look "better" according to some crappy standard...I remember when I bought my latest car, not amazingly flashy but much better than my other ones I could sense people looking at me wiht greater respect...uh????? wtf???
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not one for the chiselled abs either. :) You gotta wonder how much work those guys are putting in to keep the things - I'd rather the guy has lots of time to pay attention to ME, rather than spending tons of time in the gym and starving himself, thanks!! HA!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    But the other stuff is good to know. I may not qualify though because I don't like getting my hands dirty anymore, unless it involves cooking and then I can get quite messy!

Key Phrases: "Don't like getting my hands dirty anymore" and "Involves cooking and then I can get quite messy"

Not wanting to anymore is a choice and means you have in the past. There's a professional in town we used to know, he was putting a weight bench together for his home and had my hubby come over because he didn't want the grease to get on his hands anymore after he put one part on. LMAO This guy also opens doors with his elbows, so he may have issues. lol

Plus, you cook! A man who isn't afraid to cook or clean or do what years ago was considered "women's work", now that's a MANLY MAN right there :-)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Jim you are doing amazing! Your current pics really show your hard work. It's paying off!
  • jvcinv
    Options

Key Phrases: "Don't like getting my hands dirty anymore" and "Involves cooking and then I can get quite messy"

Not wanting to anymore is a choice and means you have in the past. There's a professional in town we used to know, he was putting a weight bench together for his home and had my hubby come over because he didn't want the grease to get on his hands anymore after he put one part on. LMAO This guy also opens doors with his elbows, so he may have issues. lol

Plus, you cook! A man who isn't afraid to cook or clean or do what years ago was considered "women's work", now that's a MANLY MAN right there :-)
    Over the years I have developed these types of tendencies with staying clean, avoiding germs that type of thing, but I'm not as far gone as the guy you mentioned, I hope.

@shans34 Thank you!

• jvcinv
    Options
    I'm on the road for 4 days, away from my usual foods, but hoping to be able to stay on track.
    Not an official weigh in day but just had to report this mornings reading of 186.5
    Unexpectedly low but not complaining. Curious to see what happens the next few days.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice loss so far this week and I'm sure you will do great with those 4 days :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Drive safe and enjoy trip! Nicely done on scale being lower than expected!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Wow great surprise for you then Jim! congrats! Happy trip!!! enjoy the ride :=)
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Just got back from a 2hr run in the cool morning air of the beautiful northern Michigan back country. Had fun last two days with family, colleagues, ate different foods, the wine flowed and had a blast.
    Of course I packed my scale so I could do my Sunday weigh in. Would you believe 183? Five pounds down for the week! As they say in the movies "*kitten* just got real".
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Way to go, Jim!!