Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Jim,

You are truly amazing! I think a good 3xweek running program is 1xfartlek (fast, slow alternating you pick the distances and the speeds for each), 1xtempo (a good moderate to
    hard continuous distance run), and 1xeasy distance run. That is what I'm trying to do now. Also I'm throwing in one easy bike ride in a week too.
    Thanks for the suggestion Bob, this is something I will try.

Make sure you warm up before trying the fartlek at least a mile and don't sprint, just a comfortable faster pace. Have to avoid injuries! I do my tempo at about 1-min slower pace than my 5k pace but go longer than 5k. I do the easy run at about 1.5-min/mile slower than 5k race pace. Good luck!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Internet is out at home so a quick update from my phone.
    Week 46
    CW 193
    week change -2
    Total change -159
    To reach goal 13

This was a good week, the changes I made worked out.
    Instead of 5 days eating/6 days running I did 6 days eating / 4 days running.
    I had really good runs and I think getting micronutrients from the pink salt and chia seeds helped.
    Also my high weight for the week was under 200 so it's so long to the two's!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Way to go! Your doing so good!
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Thanks Bob, did my long run this morning, went 2 hours.

Something else I have to share, I just bought a pair of size 34 jeans, and they fit well, just a bit snug.
    This means I've dropped 13 sizes in 11 months (60 to 34 ). When I stop to think about things like this it boggles my mind. On the down side I've spent a small fortune on clothes this year and I'm afraid I might be addicted to shopping now. Lol
  • blambo61
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Thanks Bob, did my long run this morning, went 2 hours.

Something else I have to share, I just bought a pair of size 34 jeans, and they fit well, just a bit snug.
    This means I've dropped 13 sizes in 11 months (60 to 34 ). When I stop to think about things like this it boggles my mind. On the down side I've spent a small fortune on clothes this year and I'm afraid I might be addicted to shopping now. Lol

That's funny! That is so awesome. You really need to compile your journey so can share with others. You and Joe and others have done some amazing things! I'm at about a 37 waist right now. Tip on saving money for pants, buy the stretchy waist kind and buy one size too small. I bought size 36 when I was a 38 and they worked and still work while I'm a 37 and will work until I get down to a 35 or so. Your kind of close to your goal though so may not be worth it for you!
  • blambo61
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You need to join some running clubs and hang out with those types if you haven't already. Sounds like you have a serious aptitude for it!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    13 sizes in 11 months is beyond awesome!! Such an inspiration...
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Jim, you are really doing terrific! Congratulations on all of your achievements weight wise, inches wise, endurance wise, and overall health wise!!
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    looks like you are on your way to lean town buddy, we'll meet there sooner rather than later B)
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That is endurance!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Woaahh! Jim you are so close to your goal :smiley: Not long before you achieve it!
  • jvcinv
    Options
    @blambo61, @minigrrl , @wsandy8512 , @x3nomorph , @gomissfitnes , @mikseyniha
    thank you all for the kind words of encouragement.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    159 pounds gone and only 13 more to go, this is amazing...You should be very proud of yourself!!!
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Thanks Brenda, I do feel pretty good about the whole thing.

I just looked at BMI which I have never focused on before.
    I started at 46.4 - Obese Class III
    Now I'm at 25.4 - right on the border of normal and overweight.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Do you think you'll do the Bear Maintenance Plan once you get to maintenance ?
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB! Super inspired over here! Keep up the great work!
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Do you think you'll do the Bear Maintenance Plan once you get to maintenance ?
    Perhaps yes, I've been reading about your satisfaction with BMP. I must confess I'm not entirely sure what it entails. Seems like several days of slightly indulgent eating followed by several more strict OMAD days, but I'm not sure if that is correct or if there is more to it.

This is what I see in my immediate future;
    1- Complete goal phase 1, 180 pounds as I originally stated.
    2- Goal phase 2, - I'm thinking of a secondary target in the 160-170 pound range. I don't want to jump into maintenance too soon and feel the original goal I chose was not aggressive enough considering my age.
    3- Maintenance plan of some type, perhaps BMP, at this point I'm not sure.

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Jim

Besides the 14 days long fast which brought you to OMAD have you done any other extensive fast through your journey?
    I also have lots to loose (not your case anymore congrats) you and Joe are my BIG inspirations here as I have to drop from 282lbs to something under 150lbs.
    Was considering doing a longer fast at some point but I am *kitten* scared of the hunger pangs although it might only be my imagination.
    I am also not so sure as to do a longer fast at this stage and rather keep going with OMAD until I hit a plateau or something.
    But when I see the speed that you boys loose weight ...
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Jim just re read your whole journal again LOL... so I understood your steps...wow..
    speechless... you must be over the moon as others have said compile your journey which is greatly documented...you can help lots of others! :) and be an inspiration as you already are, like Joe!
    congratulations from the depth of my heart!
  • jvcinv
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Jim

Besides the 14 days long fast which brought you to OMAD have you done any other extensive fast through your journey?
    I also have lots to loose (not your case anymore congrats) you and Joe are my BIG inspirations here as I have to drop from 282lbs to something under 150lbs.
    Was considering doing a longer fast at some point but I am *kitten* scared of the hunger pangs although it might only be my imagination.
    I am also not so sure as to do a longer fast at this stage and rather keep going with OMAD until I hit a plateau or something.
    But when I see the speed that you boys loose weight ...
    Yes I have done two extended fasts after I started OMAD.
    In both cases I started the extended fast after 3 months straight on OMAD every day.
    In both cases as I got into the third month of OMAD I noticed a bit of a stalling on my weight loss, prompting me to do the extended fast.
    In both cases after the extended fast and subsequent recovery my weight loss jumped back up.
    For example just before going into an extended fast I was losing 1 to 1.5 pound per week, then after fast recovery up to 3 to 3.5 pound per week.
    I'm actually right now in the third month since my last extended fast, and frankly I do see some plateauing going on. But at this point I'm opting to stay the course and rather than an extended fast I've just added a once a week water fast day.
    It seems like every time I change things up be it an extended fast or changing quantity of food or adding a water fast day, there is a positive uptick in my weight loss followed later on down the road by a slowing down.

I would say hold off on jumping into an extensive fast and continue on OMAD. Maybe you can look at other less drastic ways to shake things up.
    I'm able to get through the extended fats but I'm not sure if it's right for everyone. Joe lost his weight as I understand it without any extended fasting so it's not required.