My weight loss saga - Jim

Options

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Jim just re read your whole journal again LOL... so I understood your steps...wow..
    speechless... you must be over the moon as others have said compile your journey which is greatly documented...you can help lots of others! :) and be an inspiration as you already are, like Joe!
    congratulations from the depth of my heart!
    Thank you Barb. I've wanted to document all this in case there are other people like me out there who had totally given up on any chance of losing weight. Never give up.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Do you think you'll do the Bear Maintenance Plan once you get to maintenance ?
    Perhaps yes, I've been reading about your satisfaction with BMP. I must confess I'm not entirely sure what it entails. Seems like several days of slightly indulgent eating followed by several more strict OMAD days, but I'm not sure if that is correct or if there is more to it.

This is what I see in my immediate future;
    1- Complete goal phase 1, 180 pounds as I originally stated.
    2- Goal phase 2, - I'm thinking of a secondary target in the 160-170 pound range. I don't want to jump into maintenance too soon and feel the original goal I chose was not aggressive enough considering my age.
    3- Maintenance plan of some type, perhaps BMP, at this point I'm not sure.

Well whenever you are ready for maintenance at least you know where to go for information :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Just made it through your thread! What dedication! I am incredibly proud of you!
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Just made it through your thread! What dedication! I am incredibly proud of you!
    Why thank you Sammy!
    I'm just feeling my way through the process as best I can, and delighted at how far I've come in in 11 months.

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jim for your clear and detailed explanations!! I will take it easy for now and see if I venture into longer fasts in the future...
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It sounds like changing things up a bit helped keep the losses steady.
  • jvcinv
    Options
    It really did. I've found that breaking up the pattern once in awhile, mixing it up, really does help me maintain a steady weight decline. I do think being consistent is a good thing until it becomes too easy or ingrained, at which point introducing a change forces a new round of adaptation.

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this thread?
    Awesome job, Jim! How inspiring! I definitely like what you said about consistency until it's too easy, and I will definitely keep in mind that I should make some changes every now and then to keep challenging myself and my body.
  • barbheart
    Options
    I like your approach to introducing changes, as the body tends to adapt easily and stagnate in a routine!... besides I love change!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    It really did. I've found that breaking up the pattern once in awhile, mixing it up, really does help me maintain a steady weight decline. I do think being consistent is a good thing until it becomes too easy or ingrained, at which point introducing a change forces a new round of adaptation.

Agreeeeeeeeeed! <3<3<3
  • jvcinv
    Options
    WK........ Weight.....Week Chg.....Total......To Reach Phase 1 Goal
    28.............250.................-3...........-102..............70
    29.............248.................-2...........-104..............68
    30.............243.................-5...........-109..............63
    31.............241.................-2...........-111..............61
    32.............240.5...........-0.5...........-111.5..........60.5
    33.............236..............-4.5...........-116..............56....(partial fasting)
    34.............221.5.........-14.5...........-130.5..........41.5 (fasting)
    35.............219..............-2.5...........-133.............39.... (partial fasting)
    36.............224.5..........+5.5...........-127.5..........44.5. (fasting recovery)
    37.............221.5...........-3..............-130.5...........41.5. (6:1)
    38.............217..............-4.5...........-135..............37.... (5:2)
    39.............213.5...........-3.5...........-138.5...........33.5. (5:2)
    40.............208 .............-5.5...........-144...............28 (5:2)
    41.............205 .............-3..............-147...............25 (5:2)
    42.............203 .............-2..............-149...............23 (5:2)
    43.............199 .............-4..............-153...............19
    44.............196.5...........-2.5...........-155.5............16.5 (202.5 high)
    45.............195..............-1.5...........-157..............15 (202 high)
    46.............193..............-2..............-159. ............13 (199.5 high)
    47.............190..............-3..............-162..............10 (197 high)

Only change this week was on my three non running days I went for a brisk walk.
    Going to do the same this week. Why not?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You are superman!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yeeayyy! Congratulations on the week's loss! Just 10 pounds away from your sweet goal :smiley: I can't imagine how I would feel when I would be just that far from my goal. I believe you're not fasting beyond the OMAD fasting, right? Will you be considering any extended fasts to reach your last 10 pounds?
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Bob - lol thanks.

Niha- thank you, right now I'm doing OMAD 6 days a week with one waterfast day. At this point I'm not planning any extended fasting to reach the goal. I'm content with grinding out consistent losses even if it takes a little longer. I had been doing extended fasts on a quarterly basis and was due for another one in July, but instead I've opted for the 1 day fast per week. Down the road I may do an extended fast at some point because after this first goal I'm still going to go further and try to get very lean.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Bob - lol thanks.

Niha- thank you, right now I'm doing OMAD 6 days a week with one waterfast day. At this point I'm not planning any extended fasting to reach the goal. I'm content with grinding out consistent losses even if it takes a little longer. I had been doing extended fasts on a quarterly basis and was due for another one in July, but instead I've opted for the 1 day fast per week. Down the road I may do an extended fast at some point because after this first goal I'm still going to go further and try to get very lean.

Very well. I like your plan :) Looking forward to you reaching your goal soon :smiley:
  • jvcinv
    Options
    mikseyniha wrote: »

Very well. I like your plan :) Looking forward to you reaching your goal soon :smiley:
    We're both going to reach our goals and celebrate. Deal?

• mikseyniha
    Options
    mikseyniha wrote: »

We're both going to reach our goals and celebrate. Deal?

Deal! :smiley:
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    So exciting!! Awesome result... Walking is the best - I love it for the relaxation it brings me. I'm a very fast paced impatient person and walking forces me to slow down (even when it's brisk) and just kind of be... if that makes any sense!!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Wow amazing self control Jim I am impressed!!!!
    you´re surfing!!!
    high five!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yay! and you are right * WHY NOT?*