My weight loss saga - Jim

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Jim, you're a bottle of fine awwsomesauce!!!! Way to go!!
    thanks Bob, Niha!
    Well I don't know Sandy, I tell people I'm an unstoppable juggernaut right now. ha!

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Wow! Kicking it big time - boring sure seems to be working...
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're doing AWESOME, you'll be at your goal very soon :):):)
  • jvcinv
    WK........ Weight.....Week Chg.....Total......To Reach Goal
    28.............250.................-3...........-102..............70
    29.............248.................-2...........-104..............68
    30.............243.................-5...........-109..............63
    31.............241.................-2...........-111..............61
    32.............240.5...........-0.5...........-111.5..........60.5
    33.............236..............-4.5...........-116..............56....(partial fasting)
    34.............221.5.........-14.5...........-130.5..........41.5 (fasting)
    35.............219..............-2.5...........-133.............39.... (partial fasting)
    36.............224.5..........+5.5...........-127.5..........44.5. (fasting recovery)
    37.............221.5...........-3..............-130.5...........41.5. (6:1)
    38.............217..............-4.5...........-135..............37.... (5:2)
    39.............213.5...........-3.5...........-138.5...........33.5. (5:2)
    40.............208 .............-5.5...........-144...............28 (5:2)
    41.............205 .............-3..............-147...............25 (5:2)
    42.............203 .............-2..............-149...............23 (5:2)
    43.............199 .............-4..............-153...............19
    44.............196.5...........-2.5...........-155.5............16.5 (202.5 high)
    45.............195..............-1.5...........-157...............15 (202 high)

I've accepted slower weight loss in exchange for building my fitness through running.
    But I think I may have to dial back on the running just a bit. I've been doing 6 days a week.
    I've been pushing the endurance (I ran 1 hr 45 min this morning) and a little on the intensity side as well.
    Since my primary objective is still weight loss I think I'm going to go into something like a maintenance mode on the fitness side for the time being. I'm thinking this week perhaps only four days with lower intensity.

On the diet side I've recently added chia seeds and pink salt to my diet, from what I read both have good nutrient value.
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    you had a good 6 week stretch, you lost a good chunk of weight combining OMAD with 5/2 thats a killer one two punch

you prbly know this, the 5/2 diet was advocated by a british journalist Michael Mosley
  • jvcinv
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    you had a good 6 week stretch, you lost a good chunk of weight combining OMAD with 5/2 thats a killer one two punch

you prbly know this, the 5/2 diet was advocated by a british journalist Michael Mosley
    Yes I've heard his name but my 5/2 is a little more severe than his.
    From what I understand the conventional 5/2 is eat whatever you want on 5 days, then do a calorie restriction, something like 500 calories, on the two days.
    My version is 5 OMAD days plus 2 water fast days.

• x3nomorph
    so we have:

18/6
    20/4
    OMAD

then

5/2
    4/3
    alternate day fasting

so many choices to starve ourselves, we humans are an inventive bunch B)

• jvcinv
    Those are all variations on the same theme, eating less often, so of course there are any number of ways to do so. I don't see it as starving, rather as eating more in balance with your body.
    Actually we humans have invented more ways to get fat than to starve. In fact if you follow goverment dietary guidelines, the standard American diet and listen to standard medical advice you have a good chance of ending up overweight.
  • x3nomorph
    I used the term starve in a "tongue in cheek" way, prolonged calorie restriction is a path to longevity and health
  • jvcinv
    Oh ok. Sometimes it's hard to pick up nuances like that.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Wow, Jim, nice loss again even if small!

Are you enjoying the chia seeds? I love those little fellas :-)
  • jvcinv

I don't mind those little suckers, it seems like a no brainer. I've only been doing it a couple days now, adding them to my salad and my smoothie. They add texture.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    jvcinv wrote: »

I don't mind those little suckers, it seems like a no brainer. I've only been doing it a couple days now, adding them to my salad and my smoothie. They add texture.

LOL, "little suckers". They do add texture, that's for sure. :-)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Jim,

You are truly amazing! I think a good 3xweek running program is 1xfartlek (fast, slow alternating you pick the distances and the speeds for each), 1xtempo (a good moderate to
    hard continuous distance run), and 1xeasy distance run. That is what I'm trying to do now. Also I'm throwing in one easy bike ride in a week too.
  • jvcinv
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Jim,

You are truly amazing! I think a good 3xweek running program is 1xfartlek (fast, slow alternating you pick the distances and the speeds for each), 1xtempo (a good moderate to
    hard continuous distance run), and 1xeasy distance run. That is what I'm trying to do now. Also I'm throwing in one easy bike ride in a week too.
    Thanks for the suggestion Bob, this is something I will try.

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Awesome loss Jim! Good decision to go a little easier with the running. Might help in recovery.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I do the same 5/2 that you do Jim! Except mine is *usually* on consecutive days unless my schedule dictates otherwise <3 I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
  • jvcinv
    I do the same 5/2 that you do Jim! Except mine is *usually* on consecutive days unless my schedule dictates otherwise <3 I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

I alternate between consecutive and non consecutive days.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    jvcinv wrote: »

I alternate between consecutive and non consecutive days.

I sometimes do as well - I like them both for different reasons :)
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Wow, Jim. I'm speechless.