Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Wow just 3 more till you reach your first goal :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!! 5 pounds is insane!!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh that is so amazing I can´t wait to have those facts and figures !!! Glad you had a blast that is soooo awesome...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Just got back from a 2hr run in the cool morning air of the beautiful northern Michigan back country. Had fun last two days with family, colleagues, ate different foods, the wine flowed and had a blast.
    Of course I packed my scale so I could do my Sunday weigh in. Would you believe 183? Five pounds down for the week! As they say in the movies "*kitten* just got real".

How fast do you do your runs in?
  • ooliviuoo
    ooliviuoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    stunning before and after photos ! congrats !!!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Just got back from a 2hr run in the cool morning air of the beautiful northern Michigan back country. Had fun last two days with family, colleagues, ate different foods, the wine flowed and had a blast.
    Of course I packed my scale so I could do my Sunday weigh in. Would you believe 183? Five pounds down for the week! As they say in the movies "*kitten* just got real".

The only one I've documented is my long run which is pretty much now set at around 9 miles in 2 hours. I call this one a medium pace but compared to your standards quite slow.
    I also do a couple up tempo runs per week, they take close to an hour but I'm not sure of the distance. Then I might do one or to easy pace runs as well.
    I'm going mainly by perceived exertion and total elapsed time.

• jvcinv
    Options
    WK........ Weight.....Week Chg.....Total......To Reach Phase 1 Goal
    28.............250.................-3...........-102..............70
    29.............248.................-2...........-104..............68
    30.............243.................-5...........-109..............63
    31.............241.................-2...........-111..............61
    32.............240.5...........-0.5...........-111.5..........60.5
    33.............236..............-4.5...........-116..............56....(partial fasting)
    34.............221.5.........-14.5...........-130.5..........41.5 (fasting)
    35.............219..............-2.5...........-133.............39.... (partial fasting)
    36.............224.5..........+5.5...........-127.5..........44.5. (fasting recovery)
    37.............221.5...........-3..............-130.5...........41.5. (6:1)
    38.............217..............-4.5...........-135..............37.... (5:2)
    39.............213.5...........-3.5...........-138.5...........33.5. (5:2)
    40.............208 .............-5.5...........-144...............28 (5:2)
    41.............205 .............-3..............-147...............25 (5:2)
    42.............203 .............-2..............-149...............23 (5:2)
    43.............199 .............-4..............-153...............19
    44.............196.5...........-2.5...........-155.5............16.5 (202.5 high)
    45.............195..............-1.5...........-157..............15 (202 high)
    46.............193..............-2..............-159. ............13 (199.5 high)
    47.............190..............-3..............-162..............10 (197 high)
    48.............188..............-2..............-164..............8 (195 high)
    49.............183..............-5..............-169..............3 (192 high)

Not sure what happened this week, the high weight dropped by 3 while the low dropped by 5, a spread of 9 pounds while a typical week has a spread of 7 pound.
    Had to shift my schedule around a little bit, but otherwise no big changes.
    Had four days of travel and managed to keep on track. Sunday night decided to stop at an Applebee's across from my hotel, not confident that they'd have a meal that would satisfy me. Boy was I wrong. Started with a house salad with bacon, then main course was a nice pork chop and along with every vegetable they had on the menu, garlic/buttered green beans, steamed broccoli, and a roasted vegetable medley. The thing is while I'm used to getting crappy vegetables at restaurants these were all wonderful as was the chop. Server asked me about desert and not expecting a positive reply I asked for some fruit. She proceeded to say no not on the menu but we have some fruit in the back (peaches, cherries, orange, apples, blackberries) I could put in a bowl for you, which she did at no charge. A perfect dinner for me and a chain I will visit again.

I'll tell one other quick story, when I was checking into the hotel the somewhat pudgy young man at the counter asked for credit card and ID. Now my drivers license photo does not look anything like me anymore but normally you think they don't really look at the photo, but this guy holds it up and looks at the photo and at me and says "dude that photo doesn't do you justice".
    I laughed out loud and mentioned the amount of weight I've lost and he was floored.
    Later on I came down to the lounge for a coffee and the kid came over and started asking questions. It ended up we talked for about an hour and during that time a couple passersby gathered around. I have some before and after photos on my phone and people just cannot believe its me. It seems the way I tell my story motivates and inspires some people. It's not something I had ever thought would be an outcome of all this but at the same time it feels good to share with others and to see the genuine interest and fascination on their faces.
  • jvcinv
    Options
    after my long run Sunday morning, posing with my nieces horse. (no I didn't get on it)

mnuygc2smnn1.jpg
  • blambo61
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

The only one I've documented is my long run which is pretty much now set at around 9 miles in 2 hours. I call this one a medium pace but compared to your standards quite slow.
    I also do a couple up tempo runs per week, they take close to an hour but I'm not sure of the distance. Then I might do one or to easy pace runs as well.
    I'm going mainly by perceived exertion and total elapsed time.

two hours at any pace is a great workout! Your doing really well!
  • blambo61
    Options
    WK........ Weight.....Week Chg.....Total......To Reach Phase 1 Goal
    28.............250.................-3...........-102..............70
    29.............248.................-2...........-104..............68
    30.............243.................-5...........-109..............63
    31.............241.................-2...........-111..............61
    32.............240.5...........-0.5...........-111.5..........60.5
    33.............236..............-4.5...........-116..............56....(partial fasting)
    34.............221.5.........-14.5...........-130.5..........41.5 (fasting)
    35.............219..............-2.5...........-133.............39.... (partial fasting)
    36.............224.5..........+5.5...........-127.5..........44.5. (fasting recovery)
    37.............221.5...........-3..............-130.5...........41.5. (6:1)
    38.............217..............-4.5...........-135..............37.... (5:2)
    39.............213.5...........-3.5...........-138.5...........33.5. (5:2)
    40.............208 .............-5.5...........-144...............28 (5:2)
    41.............205 .............-3..............-147...............25 (5:2)
    42.............203 .............-2..............-149...............23 (5:2)
    43.............199 .............-4..............-153...............19
    44.............196.5...........-2.5...........-155.5............16.5 (202.5 high)
    45.............195..............-1.5...........-157..............15 (202 high)
    46.............193..............-2..............-159. ............13 (199.5 high)
    47.............190..............-3..............-162..............10 (197 high)
    48.............188..............-2..............-164..............8 (195 high)
    49.............183..............-5..............-169..............3 (192 high)

Not sure what happened this week, the high weight dropped by 3 while the low dropped by 5, a spread of 9 pounds while a typical week has a spread of 7 pound.
    Had to shift my schedule around a little bit, but otherwise no big changes.
    Had four days of travel and managed to keep on track. Sunday night decided to stop at an Applebee's across from my hotel, not confident that they'd have a meal that would satisfy me. Boy was I wrong. Started with a house salad with bacon, then main course was a nice pork chop and along with every vegetable they had on the menu, garlic/buttered green beans, steamed broccoli, and a roasted vegetable medley. The thing is while I'm used to getting crappy vegetables at restaurants these were all wonderful as was the chop. Server asked me about desert and not expecting a positive reply I asked for some fruit. She proceeded to say no not on the menu but we have some fruit in the back (peaches, cherries, orange, apples, blackberries) I could put in a bowl for you, which she did at no charge. A perfect dinner for me and a chain I will visit again.

I'll tell one other quick story, when I was checking into the hotel the somewhat pudgy young man at the counter asked for credit card and ID. Now my drivers license photo does not look anything like me anymore but normally you think they don't really look at the photo, but this guy holds it up and looks at the photo and at me and says "dude that photo doesn't do you justice".
    I laughed out loud and mentioned the amount of weight I've lost and he was floored.
    Later on I came down to the lounge for a coffee and the kid came over and started asking questions. It ended up we talked for about an hour and during that time a couple passersby gathered around. I have some before and after photos on my phone and people just cannot believe its me. It seems the way I tell my story motivates and inspires some people. It's not something I had ever thought would be an outcome of all this but at the same time it feels good to share with others and to see the genuine interest and fascination on their faces.

Very cool! You do have a great story and it is motivating. I don't think anyone wants to be fat but most just don't know what to do about it. You should write your story up!
  • lloydcollier
    lloydcollier Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jim - your story is inspirational and thanks for sharing. I have been toying with LCHF and IF for a couple of years now but reading your story has given me the determination to really go for it. I have around 100lb to lose and if I even get anywhere near your loss rate I will be a very happy bunny. Best wishes, Lloyd.
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Hi Jim - your story is inspirational and thanks for sharing. I have been toying with LCHF and IF for a couple of years now but reading your story has given me the determination to really go for it. I have around 100lb to lose and if I even get anywhere near your loss rate I will be a very happy bunny. Best wishes, Lloyd.
    Hi Lloyd, that's great news and thank you.
    One of the big reasons I'm posting all this is in the hope that others in similar circumstances might find it to be useful information. If you haven't yet I suggest you also go though all of @arguablysamson 's videos on his OMAD Revolution Youtube channel. There is a tremendous amount of good advice and motivational material in them.

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Jim, I absolutely couldn't be happier for you! Not only have you been an inspiration to us here, but you're planting seeds off the Internet as well. Even if one person is helped by you sharing your story, it would be tremendous!

Love your pics. You look and seem so much happier!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    JIM write an ebook upload it in Amazon put some pictures on the cover it will inspire people!!!! or else put it on a website... You have done more than amazing it is incredibly awesome I am so proud of you and now people want to know how you did it!!! think about it! <3
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wow! Yes I find your journey very inspirational and it has me believing that with daily dedication this weight loss 'job' is achievable. So many people in this OMAD group have succeeded. I'm excited to put my head down and hike along with you all. Thank you for the insight and the look into the future. :)
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Thanks all.
    That is the main point @katjustkat , just knowing that it is possible to become a new and improved version of yourself mainly through dietary changes.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Love those pics, Jim.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    With my niece and nephew.

1htxdmby2tmv.jpg

So inspiring!!