Vegan OMAD

Options
ShannonOMAD
ShannonOMAD Posts: 122 Member
Any other vegans up in here? :smiley: I know I can't be alone!
I just started OMAD 2 days ago. I added a couple daily goals to just eating one meal a day.
I also am counting calories, limiting processed sugars, and eating leafy greens every day!

I am hoping to lose a total of 115lbs. It's a long road, but, I'm optimistic! OMAD is very easy and enjoyable so far!

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm not vegan but I love my vegs! :)
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, @1MADGIRL ! Happy to be here!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    So happy you are here! Welcome. And please ignore all my posts and photos about meat. Sorry...in advance.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Im not a vegan either and I could never be one, I love meat too much :p Welcome to OMAD!!! :)
  • Nutbutt24
    Nutbutt24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Omg!!!! Yes!! I was hiding because I didn't want to be the stereotypical vegan that tells everyone they are a vegan. Lol. Welcome!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    And we found a match! Yay!!! So happy!
  • Nutbutt24
    Nutbutt24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! That means a lot. Not so many people are accepting to this lifestyle choice.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My nephew, who is a retired USMC LtCol (red meat and beer, right?), introduced me to this book: The China Study

If there is a better argument for converting to veg, I don't know about it. Now it hasn't converted us, but it has convinced us to include way more green vegs in our diet, and avoid dairy as much as possible.

But that doesn't mean I haven't been convinced it's a healthier way to eat.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced not eating red-meat would be healthier for most but I sure do love it! I think you have a good plan. If I could just afford to eat salmon every night, I think I could give up red-meat!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    KetoKaHee wrote: »
    So happy you are here! Welcome. And please ignore all my posts and photos about meat. Sorry...in advance.

It is so fine! I am a very good at scrolling-on-by-the-yucky-stuff! :-)
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Im not a vegan either and I could never be one, I love meat too much :p Welcome to OMAD!!! :)

Correction - you "would" never be one! Being willing, and being capable are two different things! :-) Thank you for the welcome! I am happy to be here!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Omg!!!! Yes!! I was hiding because I didn't want to be the stereotypical vegan that tells everyone they are a vegan. Lol. Welcome!

Hahah well HI! I know what you mean. I don't know any Vegans in real life, so I never say I am unless some one asks. But I did think it was relevant on this site, because it of course affects my diet and my One Meal!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options

You didn't have to hide, you can eat vegan on OMAD, we don't discriminate :)

That why this way of eating is SO great. Because its the first way of eating that I've discovered that is inclusive of any and all diets! People on here are doing keto, vegan, low fat, high fat, whole foods, etc etc. Its awesome!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    leveejohn wrote: »
    My nephew, who is a retired USMC LtCol (red meat and beer, right?), introduced me to this book: The China Study

If there is a better argument for converting to veg, I don't know about it. Now it hasn't converted us, but it has convinced us to include way more green vegs in our diet, and avoid dairy as much as possible.

But that doesn't mean I haven't been convinced it's a healthier way to eat.

Yes!! I love the China Study! Its truly fascinating and offers a refreshing and scientific alternative to the "paleo" idea of our strongest ancestors eating predominately meat. Quite the opposite! Anyway, its fine that you haven't been converted to vegan, anything that just ups the veggies in your diet is a great thing on its own!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I'm convinced not eating red-meat would be healthier for most but I sure do love it! I think you have a good plan. If I could just afford to eat salmon every night, I think I could give up red-meat!

Before I went vegan I LOVED beef. It was definitely my favorite! I thought it would be hard to stop eating it, but it is exactly like what people say - once you don't have it anymore, you also don't want it anymore! (and watching the gruesome documentaries help that aversion too! lol)
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Today is only day 4 of doing OMAD... and I am doing the thing I said I wouldn't do! I have been stepping on the scale every time I walk into the bathroom! UGH! But its going down every time, so it creates that addicting curiosity! I'll move the little guy into another room so its not as convenient! :wink:

As a lifelong serial dieter, The part of the diet I always loved so much is that beginning phase where you're doing out all the math. You know? "if I eat this, for this long...i'll lose this, by this date" It is so fun to plan and dream and really believe that you'll hit your goal weight by your cousin's wedding next year, or that vacation that you have 8 months from now ... its always something, isn't it?

Anyway, what I am enjoying more than the plotting and planning is the realistic feeling of OMAD being so easy for me. And if it is this easy AND it works to help me lose weight... I don't care how long it takes me to lose however much... because I'll be happy and satiated for the whole process!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    ... and I am doing the thing I said I wouldn't do! I have been stepping on the scale every time I walk into the bathroom!

LOL, I even do that in the middle of the night!

I hope you'll put pictures of your meals on our picture thread. I would love to see what you create for a vegan meal.

• LittleForestOwl
    LittleForestOwl Posts: 35 Member
    Options

A handful of my friends are vegan and vegetarian. I used to be a vegetarian myself for about 15 years. You're very much supported and appreciated :smile:
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    amflautist wrote: »
    ... and I am doing the thing I said I wouldn't do! I have been stepping on the scale every time I walk into the bathroom!

LOL, I even do that in the middle of the night!

I hope you'll put pictures of your meals on our picture thread. I would love to see what you create for a vegan meal.

Oh! good idea! I had started posting pics in the forum for food pictures. But i could totally do them here. Thanks! :-)