Check In

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @jennamae102 meeee tooo, that would be so great. Preggo buddies! I'd love that!
  • StephAStephan
    StephAStephan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't check in here often because I've been dealing with multiple losses and going to an RE. Last Friday, after round one of IUI, I tested positive! This want a total shock, though, as I get pregnant pretty easily. Now the anxiety sets in. I'm cautiously optimistic, but also a nervous *kitten* wreck. I can't miscarry again. I just can't.

exhaustedtoexpectant.weebly.com
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @StephAStephan - have everything crossed for you this time!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Congratulations Steph, I hope this is a sticky baby this time for you!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Not pregnant here. AF finally showed up, and just in time for the weekend. Yay /s
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @StephAStephan positive thoughts headed your way!
    @Kirstie155 sorry for the news, but try to stay positive and look forward to trying again next month!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 sorry to hear you're not pregnant this month. I was 3 days late in our first month of ttc and I remember getting all excited about it. Fingers crossed for next month for you.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me on Fitbit as well! Perhaps we can start some group challenges with them, I am just finishing up a Workweek hustle with another group of friends.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/26G2NR
  • pezhed
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith I added you! I'm all for the group challenges!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Okay guys, I found my fitbit but its wonky on the time and isnt syncing, so just ignore my numbers until I get it sorted out!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Omg I missed so much! I have 54 notifications from being gone for a week lol. Pretty sure it's all from you awesome ladies!

Quick update from me: the April sign up sheet is ready for everyone to sign up now. So please fill in your info as usual :)

@puffbrat congrats on your promotion! And yay for paid leave of any amount! I hope things work out for you going back full time. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

@Kirstie155 OMG late period... I need to read the rest of the thread to find out what happens - I'm on the edge of my seat! I also believe you can get back into your groove. Maybe you should have a planned treat day every two weeks to help prevent binging? Not sure if that'll work for you. But might be worth a try. .. .. read more and I was hoping AF wasn't going to show up. Poop.

@WifiresGettingFit 2 periods in one months sounds awful. I hate period irregularity. It's the worst. I hope it goes back to a standard cycle soon! Also your river boat idea for a wedding sounds SO nice! I hope it all works out :D And a great date to pick. Hard for a husband (or wife if you're like me) to forget lol.

@pezhed I think you and your husband will work something out, it sounds like a case of the morning grouch (which is me in my family lol). He can easily realize that maybe him staying up late on Tuesdays (for fun?) doesn't necessarily get precedence over your training schedule. But I think if you have everything packed up the night before to minimize noise, that is a good thing as well. Sometimes the small things can really make a difference. Also, perhaps you can shower at the gym or at work? Not sure if those options are available to you. Just thought I'd throw it out there. I know my husband is now in the habit of taking his belt off before coming into the bedroom since I mentioned once that it wakes me up. It was a simple, yet effective change. Also how are your Tuesday nights? Can you do weekly meal prep on Tuesdays while your hubs is awake anyway? Also eggs can be reheated when cooked in other ways! You may just want to under cook them a bit the first time. And I saw a cool thing that I've been meaning to try. If you put an egg in a long sleeve of a shirt, and twist and snap it (video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aazP6zvJmiQ) then it becomes scrambled. Apparently you need to cook it right away though (as in don't put them back in the fridge after scrambling). So there won't be a distinct yolk and white after you hard boil it. Worst case scenarios I figure is having to wash the shirt if the egg breaks lol. Also can you make extra portions at dinner and eat those for breakfast?

@SheilAnneSmith congrats on finding your fitbit! I agree it sounds easier to lug around than a phone for step counting :)

@StephAStephan Omg a positive! I so so so hope your body will keep this one! I don't know how you feel about prayers, but I can pray some for you if you want! Or just try to offer support in other ways if that's what you need!

@jennamae102 ACK! DID I MISS AN ANNOUNCEMENT!?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie It actually wasn't that bad but I think that's partly because I feel so much better mentally/emotionally that I'll pretty much take whatever over being on birth control. haha but it would be nice if it would go back to how it used to be. I hope it works out too, right now we are still in the planning stages so nothing is set in stone. Yeah, I really like the date we chose and it's on a Friday and I love Fridays. haha
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrats @StephAStephan! Lots of happy, healthy thoughts are being sent your way! If all stays healthy for both of us we'll likely have similar due dates!

I had a bit of a rough weekend. I decided on Saturday that I didn't need any coffee since I wasn't going to work, and boy was that a bad idea. I don't know if it was totally due to lack of caffeine, but I had a miserable headache the majority of the day. We only have Advil in the house (which is what my neurologist has recommended I take for my headaches/migraines) but I read that it is a big no no during pregnancy. We finally ran out and bought some Tylenol but I was still afraid to take any. I haven't seen a doctor yet and just want to make sure I understand concerns/risks/recommendations, because there is SO much info on the internet and lots is conflicting.

I have so much to learn about what is safe and what isn't recommended. No nausea or morning sickness yet, so I feel fortunate there at least.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @VeryKatie thanks for the advice! That is really funny about your husband's belt. I have to get up tomorrow morning to swim so I'm going to do my best to prepare tonight. Last week I was just feeling run down and not wanting to do anything after 8:30pm, but this week I'm feeling more energized so I can do my meal prep tonight. Also my husband is feeling under the weather so he won't stay up late tonight! I think tomorrow will be much better than last Wednesday.
    @jennamae102 that sounds really stressful to sort through the conflicting information! I bet @VeryKatie can help you out with what her midwife has told her!

I'm feeling good so far this week, though it's only Tuesday. I've lost the 2 pounds of bloat I keep gaining and losing again, and it's only Tuesday, so I'm hoping the downward trend continues this week. However I kept gaining and losing those two pounds all of last month so I'm not going to get my hopes up yet. Just have to make sure I continue to curb the late night snacking and remember that hot tea is my friend and crackers and ice cream are not!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I just found this group after a quick search. I was looking to see if there was a group like this and happy to see there is.

I'm 30, lost 25lbs using MFP, and have been working toward body recomp. I have never been pregnant. My husband and I are looking to start trying around June.

I have always known I wanted kids of my own, but never been a fan of the process. Maybe because I have always been more of a tom-boy, I have never really been one to really embrace the wonders of our womanhood. I always joke I would have had kids sooner if I could have just grown them in a lab. Haha, I also have a dark sense of humor, I don't mean to offend. I do believe what our bodies are capable of, creating life, is astonishing. I have just been apprehensive about it.

Anyway, here I am nearing the point of changing my body forever and starting a new life chapter. I am used to the way I am now and how MFP fits into my routine, I am curious as to how to keep up with tracking while I am pregnant. I know I will have to gain weight and I'm ok with that, I know I will have to consult with my doctor to try to figure out the best weight for me as I go along, but I am curious if anyone else plans to use MFP while pregnant? Not the goal in mind to lose weight, but to loosely stay in the routine of tracking calories/macros and such. Does anyone plan to keep up with their workouts while pregnant (permitting doc approval)? I hope I'll be able to continue lifting, even if I have to deload or change my routine.

Sorry, I've wrote a novel, but it's just some random things I've been thinking about as of late.

Thanks for listening!
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Jackie0Marie welcome to the group! I think you'll find a lot of our goals are very similar to yours so you've found good company. I am trying to maintain an active lifestyle now so I can continue working out regularly when pregnant. I definitely have an idealist perspective on this because I have never been pregnant, either, but I figure I have the best shot at an active lifestyle while pregnant if I have one now. I think it's totally reasonable to continue whatever activity you're doing once you're pregnant, though I've heard you need to restrict your heart rate for cardio exercise and deload heavy weights, like you said. Katie, our fearless leader, is pregnant and still logs! She can talk more about that. I hope to continue logging once I'm pregnant--another good reason to make it a habit now! I think you'll find the spreadsheet very useful. We can track our daily calories, weight, and activity, along with a monthly weight and activity goal.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @jennamae102 you can check out a site called Motherisk (http://www.motherisk.org/ or http://www.motherisk.org/women/drugs.jsp) to check up on drugs. This is the site my midwife referred me to. Tylenol is definitely A-OK (not Advil though)! Regular though, not any of the cold medication types. I used to get such bad migraines when cutting out coffee and Tylenol and Advil did nothing to stop them (I think I get addicted easily). The best way I found is to work down from one cup a day by either having less every day or mixing with decaf over about 3 weeks. 1 cup a day is still okay, but I understand the want to cut back from that. Also I notice a big difference between bought coffee and home brewed. Bought coffee seems to get me hooked easier. Don't know if you're the same. Or if I'm insane lol.

@Jackie0Marie I am tracking and I am pregnant, I'm turning 29 this year so about the same age too and also first baby. And I also ultimately lost about 25 lbs from my peak weight over the years. I'm actually really enjoying pregnancy (though it has been the easiest one ever I think... no morning sickness or anything. The worst parts have involved heartburn and... um... TMI spoiler - hemorrhoids) - it has allowed me to relax a bit on the weighing and measuring of food while still keeping track and gaining on schedule. If it doesn't stress you out to do it, it's worth trying! I use the spreadsheet in the group to do a weekly average of calories. You can sign up at any time if you're interested. Since you're recomping, I'm guessing you have a good idea of what your maintenance calories are now? Basically what I have read is just eat that amount while trying to conceive (TTC) and for the first 12-14 weeks of pregnancy. Then you add 300ish in the second trimester and 500ish a day in the third trimester. This means you could gain 0-4ish lbs in the first trimester (though don't worry if you gain way more, you can't control when your blood volume increases or what your hormones will do) and then ~1lb a week thereafter. I personally found I could eat WAY more than 300 extra in the second trimester (more like 500 for me) but so far not sure about third trimester. I also didn't really know what my maintenance calories were first trimester (I just ate when I was hungry and didn't when I wasn't. I started tracking about 10 weeks in). So it's worth just playing around with it for a couple of weeks at the start of each trimester to see if you're still gaining on track. This is a great MFP post that I used to guide me through tracking while pregnant:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

I must admit I can be somewhat tomboyish too and the pregnancy isn't bugging me (though this would depend if you're more tomboyish than me). I know lots of people use it to "celebrate womanhood" but I am using it to ... um... celebrate eating and becoming round (it's a great way to get rock hard abs!) HAHA. I just find it fascinating what my body can do. Kind of like when I started lifting (which I sadly fell off the track of well before getting pregnant so I haven't continued it through pregnancy. Next time though). The most "womanly" part about pregnancy so far with me has been being more aware of my boobs when they grew and were sore lol. But that went away. But not being able to comfortably shave anymore brings that back to tomboyish lol.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Hello, @pezhed and @VeryKatie, thanks for the responses. Congrats, Katie!
    I am currently in maintenance, I stopped weighing a few months ago (mainly due to needed a new battery in my scale), but I measure periodically. Well, actually, I am on a maintenance/recomp pause for the past month or so, I am like 200 cals under maintenance calories because April 21 is my wedding. I just wanted to make sure I was keeping trim before the big day. 4/21/17 is actually 8 years we have been legally married, but we never had a wedding. We did quick courthouse with 2 witnesses eight years ago, so we decided to have a wedding before we TTC.
    After the wedding, I'll join in the spreadsheet when I'm back to maintenance and paying closer attention to my macros. My macros are def something I need to try harder stay on goal. For now I can at least log my workouts and cals.

• Kirstie155
    Options
    Welcome @Jackie0Marie ! Glad to have you in our group. I am month 2 of ttc and am working on losing some weight for now. I am planning to track when I am pregnant, although I haven't been a great tracker yet (maybe why Im not losing right now??? Lol). Working on it!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Jackie0Marie Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! =)