Vegan OMAD

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yes you can still lose another pound in three days especially now that you can eat just OMAD :)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I know it's against all advice, but I like daily weigh ins. I think it's an individual thing. If it enhances your OMAD journey, do it, if it detracts, don't.
  • ShannonOMAD
    ShannonOMAD Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    leveejohn wrote: »
    I know it's against all advice, but I like daily weigh ins. I think it's an individual thing. If it enhances your OMAD journey, do it, if it detracts, don't.

Thanks... I find that in general it does help me. As in the case of today, where I was disappointed in the number... but instead of discouraging me, it made me want to work harder through the weekend... and weekends are usually a little sloppy!
    So, I'm ok with it. I just also wish I could get that "whoa!" moment from only weighing in once a week and seeing a big drop, you know?
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I just also wish I could get that "whoa!" moment from only weighing in once a week and seeing a big drop, you know?
    That's what I get from my chart ;)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    leveejohn wrote: »

Thanks... I find that in general it does help me. As in the case of today, where I was disappointed in the number... but instead of discouraging me, it made me want to work harder through the weekend... and weekends are usually a little sloppy!
    So, I'm ok with it. I just also wish I could get that "whoa!" moment from only weighing in once a week and seeing a big drop, you know?

Or if you happen to be retaining water and don't see a loss and even see a gain, it can be devastating, whereas if you weigh daily, you could see what is happening. But do what works like John said.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    You are doing a really great job as far as I can see. I too weigh in every day. It puts me back on track when I am doing things wrong (ahem, cheating). It's when I don't weigh in every day that I'm in trouble. For me, the only reason for not weighing daily is knowing I have gained and not wanting to see it in black and white just above my toes. My long-term charts show that. Lots of missing numbers. Those are the BIG ones!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Week two: completed! Weekends are definitely harder, since the boyfriend wants all days of all weekends to be splurge days! Fine for him, but I want to stay on course a little more strictly. I did well this weekend. Here's to another week!
    o1edvdy1nz9a.jpg
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 6 lbs left for April to reach your goal :)
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Congrats! 6 lbs left for April to reach your goal :)

Yah!! Thanks! I knew it was aggressive... but that 6lbs gave me a good boost, so I hope I can get there!
  • carmenross
    carmenross Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, ShannonOMAD. It's so nice to meet a vegan here! I am not a vegan myself but I eat mostly a plant based diet.
    Last year, eating low fat high carb OMAD helped me shed over 30 pounds!
    I still have 30lbs to go to reach my ideal weight, but I am optimistic.
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    carmenross wrote: »
    Hi, ShannonOMAD. It's so nice to meet a vegan here! I am not a vegan myself but I eat mostly a plant based diet.

Hi!! Nice to meet you! Hooray for veggies! And hooray for carbs, indeed! 30lbs is amazing. I haven't lost any weight by just being vegan (I actually gained, ha!) but I think OMAD is really going to help me get it moving!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Great progress.

Yes, the people around you can sure make things hard. No question. Just be stubborn and remember that THEY ARE NOT YOU. And despite caring for you, they can't look out for you like you can.
  • carmenross
    Options

Hi!! Nice to meet you! Hooray for veggies! And hooray for carbs, indeed! 30lbs is amazing. I haven't lost any weight by just being vegan (I actually gained, ha!) but I think OMAD is really going to help me get it moving!
    Great progress.

Yes, the people around you can sure make things hard. No question. Just be stubborn and remember that THEY ARE NOT YOU. And despite caring for you, they can't look out for you like you can.

Hi Shannon, when I went veggie, I ate extreme clean. Tat means no oil, very title nuts and very little mock meat. I ate tones of salad and veggie, with rice and baked potatoes and sweet potatoes. I also did spinning classes at the gym. I definitely over taxed my body a little so my loss was not that great, compared with the time and effort I put in.

I believe Joe also did a video on exercise and calorie restriction, which totally made sense. You are on the right track, learn from my mistake, don't workout like crazy, don't overly restrict calories, especially calories from heathy fat and plant protein. And eat lots of greens and beans, things will be golden:)
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options

Great progress.

Hi Shannon, when I went veggie, I ate extreme clean. Tat means no oil, very title nuts and very little mock meat. I ate tones of salad and veggie, with rice and baked potatoes and sweet potatoes. I also did spinning classes at the gym. I definitely over taxed my body a little so my loss was not that great, compared with the time and effort I put in.

I believe Joe also did a video on exercise and calorie restriction, which totally made sense. You are on the right track, learn from my mistake, don't workout like crazy, don't overly restrict calories, especially calories from heathy fat and plant protein. And eat lots of greens and beans, things will be golden:)

Oh yeah, same here. Well, I started with a juice fast, and then raw vegan. I lost 85lbs that way. When I switched to LFHC I gained it all back. So, now I just eat a happy balanced medium, count my calories, work out like normal, and we shall see! For me, the OMAD is to help me with binge-eating, which, so far, it is really helping curb those feelings!

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    What is clean eating and what is healthy fat? I see these terms used but don't know if there is a standard definition or not for that?
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    What is clean eating and what is healthy fat? I see these terms used but don't know if there is a standard definition or not for that?

Those are definitely subjective terms. Clean eating typically just means that you're eating as closely to your idea of a "healthy" diet. So, to me clean eating would mean all plant-based, no processed food, high in fiber and low in fat. However, someone else's idea of eating clean could be high fat, strict paleo.
    As for healthy fat, same thing. It all depends on what science you've read and what beliefs you subscribe to. Some view fat as universally bad, regardless of the source, and some people think that all fat is ok, and some think only certain kinds are. It's all about the research you do and what you choose to align with.
  • carmenross
    Options

Great progress.

Oh yeah, same here. Well, I started with a juice fast, and then raw vegan. I lost 85lbs that way. When I switched to LFHC I gained it all back. So, now I just eat a happy balanced medium, count my calories, work out like normal, and we shall see! For me, the OMAD is to help me with binge-eating, which, so far, it is really helping curb those feelings!

Wow! 85lbs on juice fast and raw vegan, that was huge! I tried juice fast for a while, did not work for me. Never tried raw vegan, I much prefer hot food:)

OMAD is really a happy balanced medium, you get to eat one reasonably sized meal and that means so much to me. I much prefer to have one satisfying meal than several small ones.

• ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in today. I am UP 6lbs.
    I didn't have a great week of eating in general. The first two weeks, my calories have averaged around 800-1,100 per day. This past week, I was around 1,300-1,400 per day.
    So, still should not be high enough to gain weight. I should actually be losing on that! But, whatevs. I know I need to be lower to lose weight, and I didn't.
    I'm not mad, or feeling guilty. It is what it is, and I'll do better this week!
    Things aren't looking good for my April Goal, since I just undid all the weight I've lost so far.
    Alas, we shall see :-)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    We're rooting for you Shannon.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Shannon, you are doing fantastic, despite the gain! I'm new here and I am not vegan, but I I love a lot of vegan foods, I love a lot of Forks Over Knives meals, I've read The China Study, Eat to Live--I'm all for your kind of eating, I just prefer to have meat as well. However, meat is not a "must have" for me so I think I will be trying some of the things you post. The buffalo cauliflower looks A-Freaking-Mazing!!!!

Chin up today, despite the gain, okay? :-)

128121576.png