Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    So many new people here. This place is jumpin' and I'm loving it.
  • Munkytows
    Munkytows Posts: 3 Member
    Name: Stephanie (Munkytows)
    Weight: 162.4lbs (I started OMAD on Monday at 164lbs but I want my weigh in day to be Wednesday )
    Height: 5' 6.5"
    Goal weight: 125-135lbs
    Started OMAD: April 3, 2017
    OMAD time: 5pm-9pm
    Past Diets: Weight Watchers and calorie counting

Hello everyone, glad to be here! I came across Joes YouTube channel and watched a lot of his videos, researched it, and thought it'd be a good way to shock my body into getting to a healthier weight. My friends don't understand it, they are concerned about my hypoglycaemia. I reassured them that I looked into a lot of different posts and research done on this regime and I know my signs and will drink juice if needed. I just finished my first week, I did much better than anticipated!!! No headaches, drank teas and water during the day. I knew what to expect for hunger so I was prepared (thanks joe!) and even while my husband ate during the day I was fine. I find I can't eat too much at dinner, I get full pretty fast now. Also, I look forward to planning dinner, before OMAD dinner was another meal to make but now I make sure dinner is going to be something I love!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Munkytows wrote: »
    Name: Stephanie (Munkytows)
    Weight: 162.4lbs (I started OMAD on Monday at 164lbs but I want my weigh in day to be Wednesday )
    Height: 5' 6.5"
    Goal weight: 125-135lbs
    Started OMAD: April 3, 2017
    OMAD time: 5pm-9pm
    Past Diets: Weight Watchers and calorie counting

Hello everyone, glad to be here! I came across Joes YouTube channel and watched a lot of his videos, researched it, and thought it'd be a good way to shock my body into getting to a healthier weight. My friends don't understand it, they are concerned about my hypoglycaemia. I reassured them that I looked into a lot of different posts and research done on this regime and I know my signs and will drink juice if needed. I just finished my first week, I did much better than anticipated!!! No headaches, drank teas and water during the day. I knew what to expect for hunger so I was prepared (thanks joe!) and even while my husband ate during the day I was fine. I find I can't eat too much at dinner, I get full pretty fast now. Also, I look forward to planning dinner, before OMAD dinner was another meal to make but now I make sure dinner is going to be something I love!

Welcome!

If you struggle with hypoglycemia, try having a meal with raw (unwashed and totally uncooked) oatmeal - about 1/2 cup in a bowl - dry with nothing but a tablespoon of peanut butter and a dash of honey. It is very effective at curbing or else curing hypoglycemia.
  • Munkytows
    Munkytows Posts: 3 Member
    Arguablysamson...thank you for that suggestion, I will try it! Not concerned about day to day but I wanted to run again, and my husband and I got road bikes. I will try this out before we go all out!
  • carmenross
    carmenross Posts: 37 Member
    Hello all, I came across Joe's YT videos last September and at the time I was struggling with weight loss plateau and lack of motivation. Joe's videos and advices made so much sense so I started OMAD, it worked great. For three months on OMAD, I was not hungry, I had lots of energy so I still workout and weight loss was effortless!

Then holiday season came and I was on vacation for over a month, I sort of fall off the wagon and gained some weight back. Then I have been yo-yoing for the last couple of month and did not feel good at all. I just watched the Joe's video about 'Don't break the spell'...That was all me...

Now I really want to get back on the wagon and be good, I will be coming here more often to get inspirations and motivating.

Current weight: 165lbs
    Goal weight: 125~130lbs
    Height: 5' 7"
    Starting OMAD (again): today April 10, 2017
    OMAD time: 7~8pm

I went on a high carb low fat plant based diet since beginning of 2016. It worked great for several months then I start experience excessive hair loss. I added more protein and fat into my diet and hair loss and I felt so much better. I guess we all need to find what works best for yourself. As for me, eating OMAD plant based food with lots of beans and greens, some nuts and seeds and extra protein powder works great for me.

• carmenross
    I also plan to workout 3 times in the gym, each time I perfome an hour full body weight training. Then for cardio I will just walk more often, daily goal at least 10000 steps per day.
  • arguablysamson
    carmenross wrote: »
    I also plan to workout 3 times in the gym, each time I perfome an hour full body weight training. Then for cardio I will just walk more often, daily goal at least 10000 steps per day.

Do nothing more than brisk walking for a workout if you want the fastest losses.
  • elayna14
    elayna14 Posts: 10 Member
    hi everybody, newbie here

name: elayna
    weight: 174.6lbs
    height: 5' 5"
    goal weight: 135~140lbs
    Omad start date:11th apr 2017
    Omad meal time: 4pm

At my heaviest I have been 205lbs. I've yoyo dieted my whole life. pounds come on and off and on again off again.
    I started 16:8 intermittent fasting 6weeks ago but haven't been really watching and eating healthy foods during my feeding times.
    Although I started at 181lbs, I've lost about 7lbs in 6weeks. I want to try OMAD it seems simple enough..
    wish me luck :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Everyone and Good Luck :)
  • jjrogalski73
    jjrogalski73 Posts: 15 Member
    Im on Day 11 today and feeling awesome. Except for on Sunday. Boooo!
  • slim168mfp
    slim168mfp Posts: 20 Member

Been there. What happened Sunday that made you feel bad if you don't mind me asking?
  • slim168mfp
    Welcome Everyone and Good Luck :)

Thankyou, and you as well!
  • slim168mfp
    elayna14 wrote: »

At my heaviest I have been 205lbs. I've yoyo dieted my whole life. pounds come on and off and on again off again.
    I started 16:8 intermittent fasting 6weeks ago but haven't been really watching and eating healthy foods during my feeding times.
    Although I started at 181lbs, I've lost about 7lbs in 6weeks. I want to try OMAD it seems simple enough..

Thankyou for sharing. I have been there as well as many of us have. Remember, we will always always have up days and down days.

My success has come from what my fitness trainer taught me. She is into her 7th year at maintenance. She always told me to eat as clean as possible whenever possible as often as possible.

I hope that will help. It is very simple till you learn how to do it. Then you will go ok... Now i must question all that I put into my mouth. Yes, that's how it works. Intermittent Fasting is not a free pass to eat what you want when you want, but what you should eat when you should eat. And coupled with one meal per day, you will find your own "SWEET SPOT".

I have been at maintenance weight for the better part of 3YEARS. I am down from 320lbs. I have been at 175lbs -178lbs this past 3 years. 34"waist and holding still. Please also remember it is a daily battle and this will go on your entire life dew to temptation. We are human. Welcome to Earth. I am here if you need me for assistance. Good Luck!
  • elayna14
    elayna14 Posts: 10 Member
    thank you for the advice.. temptations are inevitable. eating clean is something I need to work harder on.
    quote="slim168mfp;39303842"]
    elayna14 wrote: »

Thankyou for sharing. I have been there as well as many of us have. Remember, we will always always have up days and down days.

My success has come from what my fitness trainer taught me. She is into her 7th year at maintenance. She always told me to eat as clean as possible whenever possible as often as possible.

I hope that will help. It is very simple till you learn how to do it. Then you will go ok... Now i must question all that I put into my mouth. Yes, that's how it works. Intermittent Fasting is not a free pass to eat what you want when you want, but what you should eat when you should eat. And coupled with one meal per day, you will find your own "SWEET SPOT".

I have been at maintenance weight for the better part of 3YEARS. I am down from 320lbs. I have been at 175lbs -178lbs this past 3 years. 34"waist and holding still. Please also remember it is a daily battle and this will go on your entire life dew to temptation. We are human. Welcome to Earth. I am here if you need me for assistance. Good Luck![/quote]

• michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    This is a thread to let others know you are beginning again on OMAD. Get involved by posting...

...your name or preferred username
    ...your weight
    ...your height
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    ...your goal weight range
    ...the time of your OMAD
    ...and your OMAD start date.

You might elaborate on what brought you around to OMAD as opposed to other weight-loss methods. This thread lets others know they are not alone in the struggle.

michael_jordan7
    current weight: 230
    height: 5'5"
    my story: big all my life, up to 340 lbs as of October 2014, began weight loss journey down to 200 lbs. in April of 2016, I have struggled since, going between 210 and 240
    my goal: 175 lbs
    I eat my omad with my family (wife and 5 kids) at dinner
    start date 4/10/2017

I have no doubt that omad is something I can do, fasting is something that I have done before and in fact sometimes it seems easier to just have a day where you eat nothing, rather than trying to eat but in a controlled manner, the further I go in this journey the more I see that it is all between my ears

I am also strength training (Planet Fitness 3 days per week) and prepping for a 5 k next month, so I hoping the combination of all these things will help my body to become a fat burning machine (that sounded like an infomercial).

All that I have done and that I am now trying to do is dedicated to the glory of God.
  • carmenross

Do nothing more than brisk walking for a workout if you want the fastest losses.

Thanks Joe, I plan to tone down the weight training, at least for 2 weeks and see what happens. What do you think about yoga or pilates?
  • arguablysamson

Thanks Joe, I plan to tone down the weight training, at least for 2 weeks and see what happens. What do you think about yoga or pilates?

No real experience with those. I recommend brisk therapeutic walking. Put on an ipod and listen to a book and kill two birds with one stone.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member

the further I go in this journey the more I see that it is all between my ears

Amen to that!

• jjrogalski73
    slim168mfp wrote: »

Been there. What happened Sunday that made you feel bad if you don't mind me asking?

I had a splurge meal. Instead of letting the cap off meal time, I had a second meal later on in the evening. I mean it doesnt matter on "splurge day". But I felt horrid afterwards. Not because I splurged, but my body wasnt used to the extra caloric load. I am much better today though. I dont think Ill ever do that again. Ill just make it a "splurge" meal at my meal time, and call it a day. Lol.
  • jjrogalski73
    edited April 2017
    By the way, FYI to all fellow OMADeers, I only have ONE friend on MFP right now and that's Joe. Lol. So feel free to send me a request and you can keep track of my personal journey if you wish. I do not log in my foods, but if you look at the daily REPORTS for where it says FOOD / EXERCISE notes on each day, I log in EVERYDAY what I am doing in the NOTE section. Tracking is too tedious on here. Just hit "VIEW FULL REPORT" for each day and it will be annotated what I have done for that day.
    Also, you can also view my pics to observe and see that Ive never really been a "morbidly" obese guy, because I used to powerlift and that gave me a good foundation but I gained some belliness due to the eating. So, Im using OMAD to "cut" down/shred up. My OMAD journey began on 3/31/17.