Anyone else having troubles syncing their Fitbit today

Options

Replies

• PurdueGuy2001
    PurdueGuy2001 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    As posted in this thread earlier, MFP is aware of the issue and working on it.
    Disconnecting/relinking probably just slows down the servers. More info here:
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2788254-fitbit-steps-not-syncing-as-of-4-15
  • AnxiousWitch
    AnxiousWitch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    buhller wrote: »
    I should add: specific issue is that Fitbit seems to get the data from MFP so it knows about my food, but MFP seems to not be getting data from Fitbit as of about 10pm Central time last night (based on the steps it's displaying).

Same Same Same.
  • AngelaShober
    AngelaShober Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So glad it's not just me! SO frustrating! I've disconnected & relinked several times per the troubleshooting steps & it will update, but then it gets stuck again - so weird! Glad to hear they're working on it behind the scenes!
  • chaosbutterfly
    chaosbutterfly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Okay, good to see that it's not just me. It's so annoying lol.
    Question, does anyone know if the steps/calories will sync up retroactively after this gets fixed?
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You need to disconnect and connect the app back into MFP, to be safe, though, do the disconnect from the webpage instead of MFP app. I tried to disconnect FitBit from MFP using the MFP app, but it didn't work. Then I used the webpage to disconnect and the app to connect and it's working.
  • 5starshelly
    5starshelly Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CarolPre wrote: »
    The MFP Ops twitter feed posted 10 hours ago that they are working on the problem. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon.

Thanks for this. I don't twitter so I wouldn't have known. I wish MFP would come in here and address it with us and give an estimated time of fix.....
  • StephyCara
    StephyCara Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Now seems to be fixed!! Will start following them on Twitter too!! :)
  • MiSsTaKe101
    MiSsTaKe101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seems to work now! MFP is getting a lot of followers on twitter coz of this issue :wink: me included lol
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be syncing now, but I have no steps for yesterday. Is yesterday (4/16) just a lost cause or will the data from yesterday eventually sync?
  • lornaholgate306
    lornaholgate306 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo mine synced
  • chrisrdz8970
    chrisrdz8970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I noticed it didn't track at all yesterday. Today I re-connected it once and it re-synced but now frozen again.
  • lornaholgate306
    lornaholgate306 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mine deffo working x
  • tangeranges
    tangeranges Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned, I'm definitely seeing today's steps syncing, but the two previous day's are still not caught up to their final step counts. I suppose there may still be a delay for retroactive syncing...though I'm half resigned to just letting those steps go. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    this is ridiculous. i tried revoking access and allowing it again, i can't seem to sync.... any work arounds @heybales
  • kfrodgers
    kfrodgers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this is ridiculous. i tried revoking access and allowing it again, i can't seem to sync.... any work arounds @heybales

Go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers and make sure Fitbit is selected as your steps tracker. This sometimes gets reset to none.
  • StephyCara
    Options
    Oh no - seems to not be syncing again. Anybody else having problems?
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    It started working last night after 2 days not working. Now mine is off again. Have revoked access, linked and unlinked and set steps to allow fitbit to record. Still no joy. It is apparently a known issue, or it was before it started working last night.
  • StephyCara
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    It started working last night after 2 days not working. Now mine is off again. Have revoked access, linked and unlinked and set steps to allow fitbit to record. Still no joy. It is apparently a known issue, or it was before it started working last night.

Absolutely a pain in the you know what. Just wish MyFitnessPal would get their act together and sort this bug. I love the app and everything it offers but this is soooo frustrating. Good luck.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Plus side: free app, Down side: we're all beta testers.