1Madgirl's weight loss journey

1MADGIRL
1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
Hi!

I'm at a plateau so I thought it would be wise to start a thread cos that's always helped me before. I'm going to try eating as simple as possible so as to aid weight loss.

I vary between 52.5 and 53.6 kg. My body doesn't want to go under 52.5!

So this will be my daily progress thread :)

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    How tall are you? Asking because if you're 5'4" and above, it seems like you're at a healthy weight and that may be why you're stalled.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    My same question.
  • 1MADGIRL
    159-160cm... I think thats about 5'3"
    I'm hoping to get to 49.5 - 50kg so not too much left.
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    It's great that you're so close to your goal but please, please don't beat yourself up! You have an excellent BMI and you're a healthy weight. I think the last time I had a body fat of 20% is when I was a child. lol

Edited: I read or watched something Joe did that said when you're close to goal, you should add more calories, but I can't find the thread or post. Maybe someone else will be able to confirm. Are you eating the same amount as when you started?
  • 1MADGIRL
    Thank you :)

I'm not very fit so I mostly store fat, rather than muscle (which is my aim once I get rid of the last few kilos)

The last time I had my body percentage calculated I was 55.3kg and my body fat was 27.7% so I doubt I'm under 20 now... I'll get there though :) We all will.

I think I'm eating more. I've been having more events or visiting parents more so I'll try to get that sorted. Its the last stage of weight loss so its worth every last push :) Then maintenance and toning should be fun :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    I'm so very happy for you! Those plateau's do indeed suck. I didn't have your age for the BMI calculator so I just guesstimated with 25 and it came up at 20.9% I know they can all be different though and they're not as accurate as measurements and other ways to get a more accurate percentage.

I hope to be in your shoes one day, bordering on those precious few pounds hovering so close to goal... yet seeming like I won't ever get there. haha
  • 1MADGIRL
    thank you for calculating that for me
    btw I'm 29 :)

You will be. We all help to keep each other on track here :) and you'll struggle with the last few pounds in no time :)
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    I can't wait until I have your struggles!! Are you changing up anything for the last few pounds, or maintaining the same thing?
  • 1MADGIRL
    I'm trying to exercise more frequently but I think it would be wise to put my calorie intake down to 1000 calories (without exercise)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    We are the same height :) You're almost there just like me except we have different goals :p
  • 1MADGIRL
    haha finally found someone my height. Everyone else seems to be quite tall! :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    You're so close to your goal! Have you tried a day of water fast to break that plateau?
  • 1MADGIRL
    I've never managed to have a day fast yet ... I need to find the courage to see this through!
  • 1MADGIRL
    I had a lovely 12km hike today .

Still at a plataeu but I'm experimenting with things to maybe get back to losing weight.

I'm back to taking vitamin D (3000 ui). I'm also taking evening primrose oil (2000mg) and vitamin C supplements.

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I find the easiest way to break a plateau is either through an extended fast or a complete gorge day. Afterwards things go back to losing.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    @1MADGIRL Your hike sounds lovely!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice hike!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I hope your experiments work o:)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    @1MADGIRL try going low carb. It worked for me.
  • 1MADGIRL
    shans34 wrote: »
    I find the easiest way to break a plateau is either through an extended fast or a complete gorge day. Afterwards things go back to losing.

I'm trying to find the willpower to fast for 48 hours. Hopefully I can soon! :)