Daily Accountability Check-in

Replies

• Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Another great day. I finally bought some low salt and am sending off for some magnesium. Also got the ingredients to make myself some keto bbq sauce. I'm all prepped for tomorrow at work and looking forward to another day on plan. This morning my BS had finally gone down by a full point. I was stoked!
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Im pretty frustrated, been doing so much better than i had been but still the scale refuses to move.... i know i have to get rid of that thing, its becoming a curse!
    Im pleased with how well i am getting back on track. Hoping the scale (and inches) start going down again.

I made some 90 second cloud bread for the first time tonight and toasted it with some peanut butter, was pretty good!! Not eggy at all which i was worried about.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    .... we are dining at Mother's. She's really great - making melon and Prosciutto starter, with coq au vin, and button mushrooms main, and 'cavolo nero' side veg, followed by zabaione - but I will eat very little of that, so she's really doing her best to keep things on a level!

The meal was both a resounding success and a very tasty event. I ended up making the zabaione, which went down very well. The portion each was acceptably sufficient, and this morning at my customary weigh-in, I had only put on 4oz...!

Still want to break through those double-figures though.... am at 8st 10lbs (122lbs) ... looking to break that '10' barrier next....

• MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    @Scochrane86 - I just reread the scale is a lying liar post, it helps.
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Yay! An accountability thread!!

I've been at this for 3 weeks today, it's a RE-start for me I've done similar variations of LCHF over the last several years, always with great success. It makes me wonder why I ever stray. I have lost 10lbs so far, but what's crazy is I have lost 3" in my waist!!!!! Also 2" in my chest and hips. It is truly remarkable! I haven't settled on a weight loss goal, but somewhere in the 30-40 lb loss would be ideal. We'll see as I get closer. In this short 3 weeks I've done really really well. The first week wasn't nearly as awful as it was the first time I went through that phase. I adapted real well back into ketosis.

I came here for accountability. I feel I need to say this out loud!! Haha! I had a small jar of chunky PB in the pantry, bought prior to changing to LCHF, that was haunting me, I should have just given it away, but there it sat calling out to me nightly. It started as just a spoonful, then another. So over the course of a few day..........Let's just say the evil PB has left the premise and can no longer taunt me. I know it could be much worse. If I could just stop at a spoonful here and there, it would not be an issue at all. It's the natural kind with low sugar and carbs, could be a nice occasional treat, but I can't stop at just a spoonful. PB, especially the chunky kind, was always my big temptation, I just quit having it in the house. It is now out of the house and can no longer taunt me. My stomach feels very full this morning, but no other unfortunate symptoms. Maybe if it made me feel worse I'd be less likely to indulge. Today is a new day, I had a BPC this morning and went for a nice walk and will IF for however long.

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Tell him he can eat it in another room, @food_lover16
    LOL I wish. We are in an RV while we fix our house(that is a long story).
    Ok, dinner was not on plan. I was still good on calories for the day but not on carbs. Not enough sleep and I didn't eat much for breakfast and lunch. Bad day work... so, I must eat more in the first part of the day to avoid temptation at dinner with the family.

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Just checking in. Food plan is on track. 5.2 pound keto water whoosh...yes!
    Exercise plan is tanking. Todays goal is at least put on the new cute yoga pants.... lol.
    One step at a time. I will get there.
  • me_ona_diet
    me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
    Drank at least 80 oz of water yesterday! Half way there today! I had a half of a mini chocolate that a friend brought back from Victoria - 4.5 carbs... not the best choice I know, but, better than eating 3 or 4 of them!
  • Scochrane86
    elize7 wrote: »
    Just checking in. Food plan is on track. 5.2 pound keto water whoosh...yes!
    Exercise plan is tanking. Todays goal is at least put on the new cute yoga pants.... lol.
    One step at a time. I will get there.

Awesome!!! I am so waiting for a whoosh.... every morning I wake feeling a little better than the day before, but still the scale does not move!!!
  • Scochrane86
    yesterday was a great day, today is starting out the same, but still the scale is messing around with me. I am praying for a whoosh, but also tempted to tell my hubby to toss the scale while I am not home.
    I need to read the article @MzLazyBones mentioned!
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Did fantastic yesterday!! Aiming to do the same today. I'm sad tho cause I finally looked at the scale and I'd gained quite a bit. It'll be a while before I see a notable change I imagine, but I have to stay on top of it. :cry:
  • PaulaJSchiller
    yesterday was a great day, today is starting out the same, but still the scale is messing around with me. I am praying for a whoosh, but also tempted to tell my hubby to toss the scale while I am not home.
    I need to read the article @MzLazyBones mentioned!

When I got scale obsessed, I had my hubby hide it, I didn't want it forever gone, plus he still wanted to use it. It was torture at first. It's back to it normal location again and I do weight myself daily , but I'm more at ease with the numbers now. I go by how I feel, how clothes fit and I take my measurements every once in awhile.
  • Scochrane86
    yesterday was a good day! and I am starting to loose again (I know I had been hanging on to some water and bloat) yesterday morning I weighed in at 195 and this morning at 192. I am hoping to be in the 180s by next week!
  • Scochrane86
    I am guessing I was out of ketosis for a couple weeks, I think I am back in it now, and I feel the keto flu coming on... hoping its quick, trying to keep my electrolytes up.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Can I jump in? I'm not a super low carber, I had success with less than 100 g. But carb creep took over. Then in the last couple of weeks I slipped further with sugar and I was like a crazy addicted person. lol. I'm cracking down, need to get back to where I was. The key for me also is exercise, and I stopped doing that last fall due to an injury. I made it through a Jillian Michaels video this morning, so no more excuses I guess.
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    A good day overall, higher calories (but I was low earlier this week, it'll even out at the end of the week), but super low carbs, only 18. That's my lowest day yet. Feeling pretty good about that.
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    edited April 2017
    I had a good day, yesterday I was so hungry, I ended up eating beyond my usual protein but I'm just not going to sweat it. I kept my carbs under 20 and that's what counts. Today I was back to not very hungry which ended up to be good since I didn't get home until 7:30. It's a bit late in the day for me to be eating anything but I'll just have to fast a bit later tomorrow in order to get my 16 hrs of fasting in.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    I'm still stuck. Dammit, it can get so frustrating! I'm hovering round the 8stone 11 mark, and kick-starting it to getting below that is proving frustrating! I really do have to do something and fast. Or, I really do have to do something - and fast!!
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Hi! New to keto/low carb...well, this time around I'm new. Lol. Have tried several times over the years (specifically Atkins and SBD). I started Sunday, was down 4.2 by yesterday but up a pound this morning :( I'm breastfeeding so aiming for 50 net carbs . Food choices have been good so far, I just don't want to get discouraged and then quit. (That's my pattern.) I have over 100 lbs to lose.
  • PaulaJSchiller
    My PB binge didn't seem to mess me up to bad, thankfully. I made it into the new "decade" this week! I'm now at 188.5, making consistent progress in the right direction. I had some notice my weight loss for the first time yesterday, so that was a nice NSV.

This is the first time I've been following LCHF and following a consistent exercise program. It's strangers but I have never done the 2 in combination before, not sure why. When I was first transitioning I struggled with energy and I felt weak while working out. It's only been just over 3 weeks since I've been back with this WOE, so still relatively new, but I'm feeling more like my old self during workouts. I figured out if I have a bit of protein before I go to a class it seems to have help. The exercising may explain why my measurements seem to be shrinking relatively fast in comparison to the weight loss?? Just guessing here.

Keep at it everyone!