Daily Accountability Check-in

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    mjj79 wrote: »
    Wow @Seajolly ! Way to go!!!! (Can I admit I'm jealous? Lol)

Thank you! <3 I know that weight loss is going to slow down... I have a lot of weight to lose. But I am just so encouraged to see that loss starting out. It lets me know I'm on the right track! Also a huge victory is I haven't had ANY stomach issues all week. I usually have digestive upset, nearly daily. Carbs just flew through my body! But now I feel like my digestive system has slowed down, in a good way. I'm sure I'm better able to absorb nutrients now?
  • sweeteakate
    sweeteakate Posts: 11 Member
    me and my fiance are getting back on track this month. I had wayyyy to many cheat meals last month and we barely worked out. We plan on going to the gym as many times as possible this month. no cheat days/meals. we are going to attempt no alcohol. we plan on rededicating ourselves to our health this month.

HW:222
    CW: 205
    GW for June 1st: 195
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Daily accountability: Take #2.

Good start fizzled in the face of excuse
    #dont even ask.
    That said, circumstances seem to have lightened up, and I'm ready to give it another go.
    Hope to mostly fast today, til the water whooshes out a bit, then will weigh in again tomorrow.
    Read an article about being ALL IN regarding this woe, or else not. it is a lifestyle and if i take that to heart, there really are only certain choices foodwise that i could make.
    All this flipping and flopping is an indicator that on some level, I have not accepted this woe as my lifestyle.
    Will ponder on that today. I do choose it...but i haven't made the leap to reliably and without reservation actually live it.
    Hence, regain, hence maintenance issues, hence failed activity plans...
    Time to fundamentally commit.
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    elize7 wrote: »
    Daily accountability: Take #2.

Good start fizzled in the face of excuse
    #dont even ask.
    That said, circumstances seem to have lightened up, and I'm ready to give it another go.
    Hope to mostly fast today, til the water whooshes out a bit, then will weigh in again tomorrow.
    Read an article about being ALL IN regarding this woe, or else not. it is a lifestyle and if i take that to heart, there really are only certain choices foodwise that i could make.
    All this flipping and flopping is an indicator that on some level, I have not accepted this woe as my lifestyle.
    Will ponder on that today. I do choose it...but i haven't made the leap to reliably and without reservation actually live it.
    Hence, regain, hence maintenance issues, hence failed activity plans...
    Time to fundamentally commit.

What article?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    So this is where some of the newer folks are?

I've been eating moderate (lowish) carb for a while, varying from 100-150, did under 100 (hung out right around 100) plus higher fat than ever before in January and felt great, but then for various kind of dumb reasons spent February-April stress eating and doing lower fat and then vegetarian for Lent and came to the realization that I just am more satisfied and feel better when carbs are around 100-120. Plus, that's how I naturally seem to like to eat too.

Me being me, though, I can't help but think about how under 100 (I did it for a while in 2014 too) seems to have a positive effect on my mood and it caused me to wonder if ketosis might actually be worth trying. Plus, I'm just curious. And then I decided to postpone a marathon I was going to do in May and instead do a different one in July. So, my "I can't change things up because I'm training for a marathon" became "hmm, maybe I have time and I do want to try it."

The one remaining block was that I don't want to cut back on vegetables (mostly non starchy), but I'm happy for now having them be my main source of carbs (with some dairy). This will become harder when fresh local fruit is available in the summer, but I figure by a month or so I will be committed to the experiment or ready to go back to 100 g. So anyway I decided to basically stick to veg/dairy for my carbs see where they fell, with the assumption I could do this and stick to 50 or below total (which I think from reading should get me into ketosis? especially since I run quite a lot?). Total yesterday was 48 total, but only 26 net -- does that number seem realistic for ketosis, assuming I keep it up?

So far (which isn't far, this is official day two although I was lower than usual on Saturday without strictly logging because I knew I was going out to dinner and would have to guess), I am enjoying it and having fun.

I have never had an issue being below 100, even working out a lot, and so far the one thing I notice is less energy (my run yesterday was fine but I felt sluggish and glad I'd decided to keep it to 5 miles, but then calories were kind of low too). I woke up middle of the night last night and could not go back to sleep and felt jangly, which I thought might be cortisol reacting to lower blood sugar (supposedly it increases to try to increase it according to someone I read), but who knows, that's also something that just happens to me occasionally and might be unrelated to diet.

Today I am super tired but can't separate that from the lack of sleep. Thought I might be getting a headache, so sipped on some salt water (ugh). I am glad someone mentioned Nuun, as I have some of those somewhere and will try using them instead.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Seajolly wrote: »
    mjj79 wrote: »
    Wow @Seajolly ! Way to go!!!! (Can I admit I'm jealous? Lol)

Thank you! <3 I know that weight loss is going to slow down... I have a lot of weight to lose. But I am just so encouraged to see that loss starting out. It lets me know I'm on the right track! Also a huge victory is I haven't had ANY stomach issues all week. I usually have digestive upset, nearly daily. Carbs just flew through my body! But now I feel like my digestive system has slowed down, in a good way. I'm sure I'm better able to absorb nutrients now?

I've noticed this too! I had years of horrible IBS and now it's just gone thanks to Keto! So many other things have changed since starting too. I love this WOE! It's definitely the lifestyle change I needed :)
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Things went really well at my sons! I have decided to go and get myself some keto friendly protein shakes. I work around 70 hrs a week so planning has been a killer for the protein. I'm determined to do this right. Today I didn't have a lot of protein at my lunch meal, can of tuna. There is no way I can cram 12 more ounces of meat to bring up my protein in one meal.
  • Seajolly
    Things went really well at my sons! I have decided to go and get myself some keto friendly protein shakes. I work around 70 hrs a week so planning has been a killer for the protein. I'm determined to do this right. Today I didn't have a lot of protein at my lunch meal, can of tuna. There is no way I can cram 12 more ounces of meat to bring up my protein in one meal.

I've been having a protein shake a day (sometimes 2) and it's working for me! Which protein powder are you using?
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    Had an "off" day Sunday, ended up blowing it on carbs and, while calories were low(er), around 1700, they were higher than my goal for the day. I'll live, just mad at myself. Back on track again.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    I need to start using this thread. I have picked up an injury and face 3 more weeks off cardio. My diet has been slipping just as it did with my last injury. Not going to the gym after work is really throwing my routine out.

Today has been good, just need to finish the same way.

Ray
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Hi Friends! Can I join?
    After a few months from hell, Ive decided to stop letting all the *kitten* in my life control my emotions...and stop stuffing my face to make me feel better. All its done is make my pants tighter and me feel miserable! Also, I'm trying for a baby which is scary with the back issues I have, I am injured and in physical therapy so no working out for me. Diet is #1 priority!

Went grocery shopping Sunday to prepare for LC, yesterday was day 1! 195# again, but prelogged my food yesterday and today... and I didn't eat those cookies at work, or the whole pint of halo top last night! Off to a good start :)

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Welcome Kirstie and Lemur. All levels of LC and slow carb are welcome. :smile:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Thanks!

Day 3 check in -- after sleeping well last night, I feel great, which makes me think my prior issues were sleep related. Kept salt up again (it's funny because I'm not having trouble upping fat, but this intentionally consuming extra salt is pinging my "no, very bad for you" radar even though I've read here and elsewhere the explanation and it makes sense. I'm still worrying that I might overdo it which is really dumb since I've never had blood pressure issues and people probably consume more than I am just eating carelessly sometimes. I probably have myself! But still it's hard. I need to make broth so at least it feels healthier than adding salt to water since I forgot my Nuun tablets.)
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    I have had a terrible 2 days, and a terrible start to the new month. My work has caused so much unneeded stress on me, I can't decide whether to eat my feelings, or take stress leave! ugh, so depressed right now
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Seajolly wrote: »

I've been having a protein shake a day (sometimes 2) and it's working for me! Which protein powder are you using?

I plan on buying some tomorrow, I haven't yet figured that out. What protein powder are you using? Today tho, my protein is up and my macros are good.
  • Seajolly

I plan on buying some tomorrow, I haven't yet figured that out. What protein powder are you using? Today tho, my protein is up and my macros are good.

I'm using the Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Vanilla. Since I get so much animal fat/protein from this WOE I decided to get a raw, plant-based protein to try to balance a bit.
  • Seajolly
    Checking in!

Woke up this morning and was down a full pound from yesterday! Today was my best eating day yet on this lifestyle. I ended the day at 27g of carbs/17g net! My ratios today were 62% fat, 30% protein, 8% carbs.

I'm feeling great and I'm enjoying experimenting with food. Tonight I had chicken with some Mexican spices sauteed in a pan with spinach and then added a dollop of lactose-free sour cream and a dollop of mashed avocado with a few pieces of salami on the side. It was so yummy!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    I have had a terrible 2 days, and a terrible start to the new month. My work has caused so much unneeded stress on me, I can't decide whether to eat my feelings, or take stress leave! ugh, so depressed right now

I vote stress leave if you can swing it. Its low carb and low stress.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Thanks for the welcome!

Day 3! Forgot to weigh this morning. Over ate yesterday, but all low carb stuff. I'm still working on swapping to low carb, so one hurdle at a time. Better to overeat halo top and wings than regular ice cream and pizza. One day, one choice at a time! Feeling good about myself. Have a great day everyone!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member

Care to share? PM me if you prefer. here to help.... <3